Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  44
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jong calls time

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jong calls time

I feel for Lin Jong. A great clubman who just never got a good run at it. Great to have seen him play in both the 2014 and 2016 VFL premierships which I attended at Docklands - went onto the ground after we won the 2014 VFL flag. I wish him all the best for what comes next and as other woofers have said would be great to keep him at the club in some capacity.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Shattered. My fave bulldog player. Ravaged with injury and never saw the best of him unfortunately. Seems like a one of a kind great guy too. All the best Lin.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes DOG GOD, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I promised myself I wasn't going to cry.....

Post Thanks / Like

Brutal.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Class to the end.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Humility personified.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jongy for you commitment to keep persisting through those cruel injuries and fighting to play. I enjoyed watching you in AFL and VFL and you were a great ambassador for the club. Your Mum Faith was always so lovely to chat to during games. I’ll always remember the excitement of you being a bull in the clearances, your tough tackling and taking some strong overhead marks.

All the best with you life after footy. I recall you plan to be a teacher and I reckon if your as committed to teaching as you were to getting every ounce out of yourself throughout the last 10 years then the students you will teach are fortunate indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

There's not many 2x premiership Scraggers.

Well done on persevering and forging out a career with some spectacular moments.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jong gave everything when he went onto the field in our colours, didn't leave anything out there. Courageous.

Setback after setback, he came back and gave the team his all.

Was he our most talented player? Did he not have serious flaws?

No and yes.

But I will always have far more respect for Jong than talented finger pointing former Bulldogs like Higgins and Stringer
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

14. Thanks SonofScray, Daughter of the West thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya Jongy. Absolutely gave his all every step of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure there’ll be too many guys who played less than 100 games who’ll be remembered more fondly.
    Gave everything he had and was an absolute class act. Even got a free tour of the Collingwood training facilities as a bonus.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Lin Jong on Instagram:

It’s been such an incredible ride over the past 10 years but I’ve decided to call it time, there’s been plenty of laughs, tears, happy memories, heart break and I wouldn’t change a single thing.

Thank you to the @westernbulldogs for taking a chance on me, thanks to the all the fans for their support, thanks to my friends and family for everything and thanks to anyone I played with past and present.

I’ve met so many great people along the way and am proud of what I have accomplished during this part of my life, my heart is full. I’m not sure what lies ahead, but for now it’s plenty of r&r, beers, red wine and watching the boys go deep into the finals ❤️����

Who’s hiring?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not sure there’ll be too many guys who played less than 100 games who’ll be remembered more fondly.
    Gave everything he had and was an absolute class act. Even got a free tour of the Collingwood training facilities as a bonus.
    Clay Smith and Lin Jong are remarkably similar. Both hard nuts and part of our 2016 squad that had their careers cut significantly short by injury. Plenty of love for both.

21. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of players I really wished to could have played more games.

2016 was a key contributor to the premiership team. I will never forget.

Watched him live at the 2016 VFL grand final and he completely smashed it. Outmarked Weidermann, Dunn, and ran all day, can't find the stats, but recall he may have kicked 3 goals. BOG performance.

He had elite attributes with his speed and strong in the marking contest. Had good natural instinct to hunt the ball in stoppages. Could run all day and never shirked a contest. Always seemed to be on end of goal runs and great value as a goal kicker.

Thank you Jongy for all your efforts and your a champion in my eyes. Wishing you all the best in next chapter of your life.

Match report: https://websites.mygameday.app/assoc...cleID=48065725

VFL Grand final highlightshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtM3TpbfVJQ
    Last edited by macca; 08-08-2021 at 01:37 AM.

23. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post