Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  130
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can we still win it?

Yes, we can and will win it.

A change in tact from our midfielders who were arrogant today will get it done. Hell, we should have won today by a few goals and if we did, we'd all be saying it's doable and the Bruce injury is just another challenge we have to overcome because his goals don't count anyway.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah now that everyone’s goals are worth 6 and not 0 points winning should actually be much easier, thats a great point Jee.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Martin can play. Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Who took the jam out of your doughnut?
    A combination of factors but mostly that I think we're not quite good enough.

We were really lacking leadership today.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Weren't we.....however, we do look good when they DO show up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course we can win it, we've been bouncing back all season. Our best is good enough.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Of course we can win it, we've been bouncing back all season. Our best is good enough.
    Our best includes Bruce.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a disaster of a day. Of course we can still win it ... but gee whiz it is now significantly more difficult. 50 goal forwards don't grow on trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    What a disaster of a day. Of course we can still win it ... but gee whiz it is now significantly more difficult. 50 goal forwards don't grow on trees.
    It's not just the goals either, it's the whole structure now thrown entirely out the window. I can see Naughton dropping his bundle completely without his big bro next to him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

I’m hearing ya. Stringer has been threatening to regularly burst through the middle since forever. We let him walk out with it.

With the result & especially Bruce, I can’t think of a three hour window when I’ve thought we were minor premiers in waiting and potential premiers, to feeling like we are at risk of just making up the numbers.

I think we need to do something bold, like Bont to FF or CHF. He’s a threat in the air and a brilliant snapper, quick enough, tackles hard, to and able to bring others in. We have the inside mids to theoretically still win it. He’s the best source I can think of replacing 2.5 goals a game that Bruce was giving us, while making sure there’s no easy double team on Naughton. It’s crazy enough to work. But meddling around the fringes is certain ‘straight sets’.

I guess, we’ve got to try to get Hawthorn & Port first. I think Clarkson has ample information in which to give us hell.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes Dry Rot, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's not just the goals either, it's the whole structure now thrown entirely out the window. I can see Naughton dropping his bundle completely without his big bro next to him.
    Agree 100%. Bruce is a big man and hits the contest hard even when not marking it. That type of forward is even more valuable in a big final. We now are going to rely on Naughton playing out of his skin and his form has been off in the last few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%. Bruce is a big man and hits the contest hard even when not marking it. That type of forward is even more valuable in a big final. We now are going to rely on Naughton playing out of his skin and his form has been off in the last few weeks.
    Unfortunately Naughton can't hit the side of a barn, we're not winning finals off his back.

17. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to put my mind to it this week. But we need to find coverage for him next year, Schache should stay back and Marra and. Darcy bit ready to be #2. For a bloke his size, I’d sit him out and get him right. Another one is the end of his career.

That’s two late season ACLs that Rob our finals Bruce & McLean, but open up SSP or MSD thinking too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Of course we can win it. One game at a time and let Bevo do his magic. Personally when we have Gardner and Keath back I would play Schache forward. Dunks and Treloar will only get better. We missed Cody too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Unfortunately Naughton can't hit the side of a barn, we're not winning finals off his back.
    Yep. Still kicks it like a full back. I’m not sure how long it will take him to regain full confidence in flying at the ball either.