Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  101
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delisting and Retirements - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Interesting, not across that detail. But if you believe media reports coming out it was his wife that started the ball rolling!
    I thought it meant Noble's wife was the one who told him of Greenwood's availability, from her seeing it on afl.com.au

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I thought it meant Noble's wife was the one who told him of Greenwood's availability, from her seeing it on afl.com.au
    Ah, ok. Just as odd, either way.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget Gold Coast lost Jarrad Lyons for nothing, and Martin walked to the PSD. This just a couple of weeks after shopping around Darcy McPherson to no takers. Rabble.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Weird comment by Wayne Campbell that North found a loophole. You delisted the guy, strange attempt at deflection and coverup

https://www.zerohanger.com/noble-sun...ackflip-94399/
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

They found the stunning loophole of signing the no 1 tackling player in the competition last year for nothing after Gold Coast stupidly delisted him?

Next up: my loophole of having a shower to smell better.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They found the stunning loophole of signing the no 1 tackling player in the competition last year for nothing after Gold Coast stupidly delisted him?

Next up: my loophole of having a shower to smell better.
    To be fair, EVERY club uses this tactic to get around draft rules. We certainly have. The mistake they made was that they didn't do it with a player that is playing seconds and a fair way off, they did it with an established player that would be a valuable 'now' asset to a number of teams.

The second mistake they made was that they obviously trusted him. He was across the details of the delist/redraft and had ticked it off, but then burned them when another offer came in. Money, length of deal, yada, yada- I understand all of that. He burnt them badly. He supposedly didn't give GC a right of reply to match it or whatever, just took the deal and ran.

Remember the furore here when Ryan Griffin (transparently and openly) asked to be traded? This, IMO, is much worse.

I can't wait till GC play NM- I don't think Stuart Dew would take this kind of backstabbing lightly, nor should the GC players. I think Dew will just write "Kill Hugh" on his whiteboard.

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    To be fair, EVERY club uses this tactic to get around draft rules. We certainly have. The mistake they made was that they didn't do it with a player that is playing seconds and a fair way off, they did it with an established player that would be a valuable 'now' asset to a number of teams.
    For me this is the point though. It's not just a mistake, it's an idiotic decision that emphasizes how much of a rabble this 'club' is.

I put no blame at Greenwood's feet whatsoever. Just because he said he was OK with it (which he was - at the time), it doesn't mean things don't change and they did. North capitalised and came with a better offer, who at their current workplace wouldn't do the same thing?

This is all on GC. They're genuinely useless.
    W00F!

11. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    That's kind of the point though, they chose one of the worst players on their list they could have chosen.
    Let's not forget they lost Jarrad Lyons and Jack Martin for nothing as well. Losing one player is bad luck, losing 3 is gross incompetence. I mean, Martin's pick off by Carlton was unders so you can argue they had to make a stand but Lyons can really play.

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor guy. Concussion is a horrible thing