Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football confidential - Fevola

Quote Originally Posted by breed_of_dog View Post
    It is a shame from Carlton's point of view because they had alot of good momentum at the minute and this has put a bit of a stop to it.
    Yeah... boo hoo, poor Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Busy street at 4.20am?

Someone was still in the restaurant/bar to see him.
    Still not great for the people who own it...unless they somehow market it to Carlton fans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breed_of_dog View Post
    It is a shame from Carlton's point of view because they had alot of good momentum at the minute and this has put a bit of a stop to it.
    How'd they get that momentum again...oh yeah the whole tanking thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I missed the start of the show, but what has happened to Colin Sylvia? Couldn't find it anywhere in this mornings paper either.
    Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the start of the show, but what has happened to Colin Sylvia? Couldn't find it anywhere in this mornings paper either.
    Sylvia has been suspended by the leadership group for 2 rounds I think.
    They discussed if briefly with Dean Bailey
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?

Melbournes leadership group implemented a 1.00am curferw. 4 days later Slyvia broke it.

Suspended for 1 week.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?

Missed a compulsory training session after being on the piss the night before.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/spo...-19769,00.html

Post Thanks / Like

Big game for both clubs thursday night, neither would look good losing to the other, as neither have been any good last few years. Im interested to see if Carlton think Judd will solve all there problems and they already sound like a one man team the way the press is pushing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Both are an issue. I think Ratten has to take a stand because when Fev was being shopped around, Ratten was the one who thought he could change him
    Yes, I remember Ratten going into bat for Fev. Well he has been dropped from the Leadership Group & fined $10,000. Seems to go that way nowadays with the Leadership Groups of each club determine the penalties for their team mates...far cry from yesteryear when it all came from the heirarchy.

Post Thanks / Like

Youd have to be disappointed if you had Sylvia, he still looks like he could be anything but is very inconsistent - he's almost a classic scott clayton draft pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Busy street at 4.20am?
    Someone was still in the restaurant/bar to see him.
    What is a so called professional athlete doing out, drinking at 4.20am and getting drunk when footy starts in under a week. The guy isnot serious about his football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What is a so called professional athlete doing out, drinking at 4.20am and getting drunk when footy starts in under a week. The guy isnot serious about his football.
    A bit sad really, I like Fev, but obviously something has gone askew with him - perhaps now that he has been forced out of the leadership group it might give him some scope to think about his actions...because next time he does something, I don't think Carlton will be as forgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    A bit sad really, I like Fev, but obviously something has gone askew with him - perhaps now that he has been forced out of the leadership group it might give him some scope to think about his actions...because next time he does something, I don't think Carlton will be as forgiving.
    I think they've been very forgiving this time. And many times in the past. His importance to the structure of the team means they are loathe to bite the bullet and drop him (I know Pagan did it, but that was almost his final desperate act before the death knell, as it were). They've done themselves a disservice in the long term to not suspend him this time, I think -- talent over character always shoots you in the foot in the long term. Carlton have always been about winning at any cost, and this is no different. I'll personally be surprised if they go anywhere this year, actually. Teams will just tag Judd out of the game and then it's the same old, same old.

Steve Johnson sat out FIVE games. Surely a week's penance for Fev would have been more appropriate than a slap on the wrist for a repeat, repeat, repeat offender, as an example to the rest of the young playing group, as much as anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Steve Johnson sat out FIVE games. Surely a week's penance for Fev would have been more appropriate than a slap on the wrist for a repeat, repeat, repeat offender, as an example to the rest of the young playing group, as much as anything.
    Good post beacon oops I mean Lantern, Very true they should have given him a weeks suspension, as the younger players will look upon this and think...if Fev can escape from being dropped from the side then in their eyes they can do the same, somewhere down the track. Geelong did the right thing with Johnson it showed the rest of the playing group, doesn't matter who are you, it won't be tolerated.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton are like Collingwood. Did they drop Tarrant & Ben Johnson? No, one rule for some players & another rule for others.