Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Guide

Post Thanks / Like

TV Guide

I found a TV Giude on the AFL website. I lists which games are televised in different states & by which network. Might be worth stickying so people can refer to it on a weekly basis to see which games are & aren't being televised on FTA.

AFL TV Guide Homepage

Round 1 TV Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TV Guide

Although it is selfish i like that we have more foxtel games (for me personally not for the club)

Post Thanks / Like

Makes no difference to me. If it's in Melbourne I go, if it's interstate I watch on TV.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't find a link but there was a small article in yesterday's Herald-Sun that said that Bruce Matheson has decided not to pay the $5mil license fee that would allow Fox Sports to be shown in his 260 pubs.

It's going to be much harder to find a pub to watch an interstate game on Fox.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link TCD. 5 games of footy on FTA this weekend, excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the Broadcast Guide for round 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish 10 would just show us live. I hate waiting but hopefully i can sleep through most of the wait

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TCD , no Tassie on the guide???

I have Austar this season so I should be sitting pretty!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I wish 10 would just show us live. I hate waiting but hopefully i can sleep through most of the wait
    You won't be attending?

Luckily Adelaide again gets the Dogs live - twice in a row. Great work, whoever is responsible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    You won't be attending?

Luckily Adelaide again gets the Dogs live - twice in a row. Great work, whoever is responsible.
    Nah don't really have a way to get there and it's not a bad game to miss with the weather.

You'd have smaller delays in Adelaide wouldn't you? With the time difference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobdog View Post
    Thanks TCD , no Tassie on the guide???
    It's only a TV guide for Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    You won't be attending?

NSW/ACT getting it live this week as well! cant wait.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Nah don't really have a way to get there and it's not a bad game to miss with the weather.

You'd have smaller delays in Adelaide wouldn't you? With the time difference

Not good enough Hujsh.

There is no such thing as a good game to miss. Us Sockeye's wife about that.

In terms of how to get there, public transport will drop you off at the front door.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

camwoof Guest

First post here, but here in Tassie we get the same broadcast as Melbourne except our free to air games are live.

The Dogfather Guest

For the past 12 months I've lived in Sydney in a building that was unable to get Foxtel. Luckily I get back to Melbourne regularly for games but on those "other" weeks when we don't play the FTA game I have had to choose between watching a telecast on 4 hour delay, listening to ABC radio or being shunted into the corner of some dingy pub and being starred at by patrons like I was some sort of mutant from another galaxy while I watch a game with no sound (except at the wonderful Alexandria Hotel - props to Jimmy and the crew!).

In 2 weeks I am moving into a new place and have Foxtel being installed the following day - my life can now go back to normal at last.

Anyway, as a relocated Melbournian, I am amazed at the lack of TV support that AFL gets in NSW. In particular from channel 7, the so-called "home of footy". Sure they'll play a Swans game live (even when being played at the SCG) and a Sunday afternoon game. But when the heat is on, Friday night, primetime, they will play an old movie repeat like "Charlie's Angles" or "There's Something About Mary" and whack the game on at 10:30pm (tonight it's Montana Sky wft?????).

When channel 9 had the rights, I partially understood why they chose to show the NRL over the AFL but I expect more from 7. Yes, the footy may not rate that well on a Friday night here but that's because IT'S ON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!

Makes me wonder how dedicated these networks really are to building the game in the northern states.

If you show it, they will come.... If you show it, they will come.... If you show it, they will come....