Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Take - This week is FREE MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Doesn't work Rocco. The winner of the qualifying would have two weeks off.
    I had seen mentioned that all options were on the table. I agree it doesn’t make sense before a prelim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If we blow a top 4 spot tomorrow night, I don't think I'll be overly invested the following week.

There was a stat flying around that we had been top 4 for 20 weeks. The most amount of weeks a team had been entrenched in the top 4 but missed out was like 11 (think it may have been Port).

Losing tomorrow night would be a disaster.
    Agree I can't abide by the idea that it's ok to miss the top 4. It would be a massive mental hit for the entire joint.

Going into finals on the back of 3 losses we'd probably be the worst performing side in the series, you can't flick a switch to quote Bevo.

Having said that I'm confident this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree I can't abide by the idea that it's ok to miss the top 4. It would be a massive mental hit for the entire joint.

Going into finals on the back of 3 losses we'd probably be the worst performing side in the series, you can't flick a switch to quote Bevo.

Having said that I'm confident this week.
    Are you still confident? I guess it’s only names on paper, but it’s hard to see how we win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Are you still confident? I guess it’s only names on paper, but it’s hard to see how we win.
    If we win the premiership it will be like West Coast 2006, just dominant mids
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

cool, yet for Bulldogs fans who have been in hard lockdown for over 200 days a win means a great deal.
    The western suburbs is being affected disproportionately by the virus. people are jack of lock downs etc.

i take your point and it's nice to have the ladder position up our sleeve.
    Also just hoping for a great game. an enormous amount of health and safety work must be going on behind the scenes.
    for all the hassle i hope we win
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nervous excitement now.

Woof woof.

8. Likes GVGjr, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Confidence is everything. Lose again tonight will make the mountain just a little bit steeper. Win tonight and the previous 2 weeks will be irrelevant to me.

With the lockdown etc it seems like results for supporters is exaggerated. Maybe it feels the same way for the players.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling we will respond in a big way to a couple of underwhelming weeks.
    Port will load up their forward line and we will look to run off them so I hope Dale, Duryea and Williams get amongst it early for us.

I'm hoping it's going to be an exciting game but one that we come out with the 4 points and a confidence booster.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I get the feeling we will respond in a big way to a couple of underwhelming weeks.
    Port will load up their forward line and we will look to run off them so I hope Dale, Duryea and Williams get amongst it early for us.

I'm hoping it's going to be an exciting game but one that we come out with the 4 points and a confidence booster.
    Last two years we had to win the last game to make finals. This time we need to win to get the double chance. We can do it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How are you feeling about it now mjp?

It feels like we threw all our money on the table last night and lost the lot.

Going to withdraw our last $100 for next weekend, but the group is fragile so how do you come back from that?

Post Thanks / Like

Going to withdraw our last $100 for next weekend, but the group is fragile so how do you come back from that?
    Yeah. It’s going to be bloody tough to get the group up after that. Narrow loss, but we were outplayed for 2.5 quarters pretty comprehensively and were somewhat lucky they didn’t kick straight (until it mattered).

Our midfield was down, we were smashed in clearance and contested ball.

Our forward line wasn’t functioning well - lots of good opportunities went begging with careless things.

Our defensive group tried hard, but the mix isn’t right.

We will be playing a side who is in winning form.

This is going to be tough… another straight sets exit would be a horrible outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually feel fine.

We didn't play our best yet led for 98% of the game and lost by less than a kick. I haven't seen the first half yet - watched from early in the 3rd once I finished work - and thought we competed pretty well. Some great play and finishing by Weightman and Hunter I thought showed the players care and fight. A couple of dropped marks - Liber's one handed half effort springs to mind - really hurt us. A couple of missed kicks - like the Macrae ==> Liber post CBD scrubber cost us scoring chances.

I think everyone knows I don't get too upset about Bont going for an occasional ruck know...I don't like him jumping at CBD's but watching him compete in a bit of a wrestle on the attacking 50m arc? Well...why not? I don't understand the angst about stuff like this...it's been happening forever and I saw a highlight in an old game yesterday where Brad Johnson contested the ruck in a f50 contest...I watched Scott West half-arse an attempt to go back with the flight and drop an easy mark (and I never remember calling him 'footsteps').
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Thanks Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I actually feel fine.

We didn't play our best yet led for 98% of the game and lost by less than a kick. I haven't seen the first half yet - watched from early in the 3rd once I finished work - and thought we competed pretty well. Some great play and finishing by Weightman and Hunter I thought showed the players care and fight. A couple of dropped marks - Liber's one handed half effort springs to mind - really hurt us. A couple of missed kicks - like the Macrae ==> Liber post CBD scrubber cost us scoring chances.

I think everyone knows I don't get too upset about Bont going for an occasional ruck know...I don't like him jumping at CBD's but watching him compete in a bit of a wrestle on the attacking 50m arc? Well...why not? I don't understand the angst about stuff like this...it's been happening forever and I saw a highlight in an old game yesterday where Brad Johnson contested the ruck in a f50 contest...I watched Scott West half-arse an attempt to go back with the flight and drop an easy mark (and I never remember calling him 'footsteps').
    Because wrestling in a ruck contest from time to time is apparently a lot worse for a midfielder like Bont than being first to the footy and having three opposition midfielders pile into his ribs and back.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Rucking would be great for Bont’s clearly hampered shoulder, no doubt. And playing him inside 50 for large chunks as our other mids were slaughtered also did wonders for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be no worse for his shoulder than trying to free arms in a tackle and being slammed into the turf.

Agree with you his influence was needed around the contest more. He looked to be knackered though so not sure what's going on with him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.