Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for Bains, Grant & Bevo…

To demand a virtual meeting with the umpires boss this week. The refusal to apparently apply the rules and/or evenly makes it near impossible for the players to go about their business. I hope we here such a meeting happens early this week and our players have a clear idea about what happens if they’re straggled, hit high, tackle someone with prior disposal, tackle someone who doesn’t legally dispose of the ball etc. etc.

It’s not about lopsided free counts. It’s the apparent two sets of rules that must make playing very hard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes WBFC4FFC, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time for Bains, Grant & Bevo…

It's a genuine question we need to ask of ourselves, do we become that club that makes noise openly and deal with the public shaming and consequences from City Hall or is soft diplomacy the way to go?

You know, John Longmire and Alistair Clarkson, or Chris Scott come from clubs that matter and can pretty much say what they want when they want about how shitty the umpiring is. Are we there yet and is it worth it?

For mine, I'd rather go down swinging and in the open for all to see. I hope we kick up a fuss about the umpiring in our game and the bullshit time keeping error in the Brisbane game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you know my feeling, the AFL has lost the plot and so has the umpires with the rules. For some reason, this year, they are allowing players longer time to get rid of the ball. You can spin a player around three times before they let go and no free.

Some of the decisions and non decisions this weekend have been atrocious and make a difference to a game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should also request in writing the rules on time keeping. When is time on and off actually implemented?

I’d like an arm lengths challenge on the time keeping. Maybe Gordon Legal citing the Tassie debacle trying to force the commission to act or refuse to act.

If we are going to get *!*!*!*!ed over. Let’s make everyone aware of it now so they can see it in real time. Or, actually get treated fairly. Which shouldn’t be an outrageous position.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not going to put the effort in mate I'm not going to read it.

THIS WAS A JOKE POST AS SCORLIBO'S POST WAS AWESOME!!!!! I'M SORRY IF IT WAS TAKEN AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT.
    Last edited by jeemak; 22-08-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did Scorlibo's post go? It was completely awesome and exactly what I was thinking?

Post Thanks / Like

No offence taken jee

I read the post back myself and thought I sounded angry and tired (which I am). I'll sleep on it and repost my (hopefully more structured) thoughts tomorrow.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    No offence taken jee

I read the post back myself and thought I sounded angry and tired (which I am). I'll sleep on it and repost my (hopefully more structured) thoughts tomorrow.
    Phew, phew, phew......your call mate but I thought it was very well reasoned and made a lot of sense.

Post Thanks / Like

No offence taken jee

It's a terrific post. I would encourage you strongly to repost it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

No offence taken jee

I'd like you to post more, Scorlibo. I always enjoy your content.
    "It's over. It's all over."