Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round twenty-three 2021 V Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Having watched the last 1/4 of Eagles v Brisbane.... Brisbane simply gifted top 4 by home crowd decisions.
    Some incredible free kicks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am talking about Playing Young as the key ruck and English in the goal square - no one thought of that (except MJP). How many times did Bont go in the ruck? Wasn't a big deal and didn't effect the outcome of the game.
    I thought it did in the last couple of minutes. We should have had English hitting the ball to Bont in the clear. English is the experienced ruckman.

3. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The Bont's form this season has been a big part of the reason for us doing well, but his form these past two weeks has been in equal part damaging to our season. His big game player status has taken a huge hit.

2. Our midfield isn't actually that good. It's very difficult to argue otherwise, at least. All who played were first-choice mids, Dunkley and Treloar each played multiple games in the lead up so you can't pin it on match practice. Bont and Libba (though I love them) are prone to going missing for huge chunks of games. Macrae is not consistently damaging, has recently been fumbling the ball. Treloar misses tackles. Baz overruns the ball, misses handballs more often than not. They're all consistently inconsistent in various ways. How could they possibly be a functional midfield if none of them know what to expect from each other? Hunter is the only one offering predictability to his teammates.

3. Alex Keath is our most important player.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

5. Likes macca, Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. JJ has no place in the team. Drop him for Scott or McNeil. I was at the Swans game post GF when he shat the bed and he has been stuffed ever since.

2. We have very few true forwards, with forward craft and instincts: Bruce (long term injury); Weightman and JUH. Maybe Hannan, but not a great one.

The rest are not forwards, we have been forced to play them there.

3. English. I don't his true position. He's not really a ruckman, and plays forward because we lack lots of tall forwards. And yes, he is really tall and can clunk a mark. Has little forward craft or instincts, like Naughton. And little aggression.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.