Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  234
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Huge following.
    Thanks.

Glass half full view: where did we play our first semi in 2016? A slightly hostile crowd there?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, lots of interesting team selections in this thread trying to select the best available team.

So 2 questions for you:

Q1. Any particular changes you would make given we are playing the Bombers?

Q2. Any particular changes you would make given we are playing at this Tassie ground?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    OK, lots of interesting team selections in this thread trying to select the best available team.

So 2 questions for you:

Q2. Any particular changes you would make given we are playing at this Tassie ground?
    Not 100% sure, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see the MC go small in defence if it’s supposed to be windy/rain to try to get run from the ground ball. Meaning the defence of Keath, Cordy, Wood, Dale, Dureya and Williams will be the go, with Daniel for good measure.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Not 100% sure, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see the MC go small in defence if it’s supposed to be windy/rain to try to get run from the ground ball.
    So Caleb Daniel on Peter Wright small?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So Caleb Daniel on Peter Wright small?
    Not to start with, but it wouldn’t surprise to see that match up one on one, 20 metres out during a moment in the game

Post Thanks / Like

What are the weaknesses of the Bombers, and how de we target them?

Post Thanks / Like

What are the weaknesses of the Bombers, and how de we target them?
    We target them with hard tags on Merrett and Hind…but that won’t happen.
    An errant Cordy elbow to Wright wouldn’t go astray.

Post Thanks / Like

So 2 questions for you:

I sense this will be unpopular. Really unpopular with a few in particular! But I'm playing Wallis this week. Conditions won't be great, it certainly won't play like Marvel stadium three weeks ago. Yes, I know there's attributes he doesn't have - but what he does have - he's going to be good in the contest, he takes his opportunities more often than not and he can play as the other 'key' type forward so that Naughton and English aren't chained to the 50.

When English and Naughton marked up at half forward and the wing last week, I was definitely thinking - "oh great....nobody to kick to now". Weightman gets his marks on a lead occasionally, but wasn't able to halve contests with a taller opponent when a longer ball came in. We know Wally can do this. I'm playing Hannan higher, Wally deep and omit Vandemeer.

Before you said 'forward pressure' - JJ, VDM and Flea has 3 tackles between them on Friday night. I know pressure is more than tackles, but they didn't get it done on either measure.

As I say, I know its probably a wildly unpopular suggestion. But play the Vice Captain.

10. Likes bornadog, westbulldog, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Before you said 'forward pressure' - JJ, VDM and Flea has 3 tackles between them on Friday night. I know pressure is more than tackles, but they didn't get it done on either measure.

As I say, I know its probably a wildly unpopular suggestion. But play the Vice Captain.
    They kicked a goal each and contributed to a couple more.

I wouldn't drop VDM, I thought he was coming into a bit of form.

I was thinking the same thing on the weekend with bringing Wally in. The conditions will suit him and I would drop Hannan for Wally
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm still trying to reconcile how you can have proof that a game went for too long, materially impacted the top four's make up and everybody's pretending it's fine and dandy.
    "24 seconds went missing" is what has been reported here in Perth. This has been blithely (and conveniently) swept under the carpet. Our Club should have immediately demanded an AFL investigation. It well may be the case that WE and not Brisbane should be in 4th place. One day an error such as this will end up in Court. It is disappointing and rather pathetic that our President is not publicly up in arms about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    "24 seconds went missing" is what has been reported here in Perth. This has been blithely (and conveniently) swept under the carpet. Our Club should have immediately demanded an AFL investigation. It well may be the case that WE and not Brisbane should be in 4th place. One day an error such as this will end up in Court. It is disappointing and rather pathetic that our President is not publicly up in arms about this.
    Do we even have a President?

She's been a ghost.
    W00F!

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Do we even have a President?

She's been a ghost.
    Nope. Hard to imagine PG would sit around meekly. For days now. Come back PG, well get rid of the term limits.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    If we start jumping up and down about that - is that a sign of a club with focus split between something that occurred out of our control, and the game ahead of it this week?

Its obviously an ordinary situation regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They kicked a goal each and contributed to a couple more.

I wouldn't drop VDM, I thought he was coming into a bit of form.

I was thinking the same thing on the weekend with bringing Wally in. The conditions will suit him and I would drop Hannan for Wally
    If the forward mix from Friday is altered, JJ has to be the first out
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If we start jumping up and down about that - is that a sign of a club with focus split between something that occurred out of our control, and the game ahead of it this week?

Its obviously an ordinary situation regardless.
    That's why we needed to get onto it first thing Sunday morning with a press release demanding a please explain from the AFL, prior to our fate being fully determined.

It at least prompts the media to ask questions of the umpire before the umpire made its call. The outcome would likely be the same but it's absolutely disgraceful it's happened. I can't imagine a Hawthorn not getting on the front foot, or any other club to be honest.

Who knows, it may have enabled us to leverage something other than a game in Tasmania.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes azabob, Grantysghost, westbulldog liked this post