Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The letter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The letter

Team selection … from a mug’s point of view, it looks like players are being selected on reputation and not form. JJ, Wood et al. Who is involved in the match selection committee and what are they seeing that we are not?
    WOOF Member 422

2. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is our plan for 2022 to get a topline ruckman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did it take until so late in the year to try Schache out in defence? I mean in VFL too.

What’s our plans for defence? Some of our players are too short, too slow and often have dreadful disposal. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Hope it makes you feel good it won't get past the lady at the front desk.
    If Glenice is back from leave, she will make sure it gets passed on.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

7. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Will the Club, as part of the season review, commit to an intensive examination into the "Capitulation in Launceston"? This non-performance was completely unacceptable. We kicked 3 quick goals early in the 3rd, then put the cue in the rack. Still, 14 points down at three quarter time, with EVERYTHING to play for and we didn't fire a shot. We just rolled over.

2. Does the Club have any plans to address our goal kicking woes or is the plan just to throw our hands in the air and say, "It is what it is"?

3. Why are some players given more opportunities than others? Lewis Young is a case in point. He has not been treated well. Josh Schache is another as was that kid Brad? Lynch from a a couple of years back. Pat Lipinski is another. Ed Richarfs too. OTOH, some players have played all year with very little output. I'm thinking JJ, Scott and Mitch Hhannan
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Why hasn’t Young been persisted with in defence, especially after encouraging performances against Brisbane earlier this year?

What is it about Sweet’s game right now that makes you believe a makeshift ruckman is the preferred option? Was it just one bad game against Melbourne?

What is it about Martin’s fitness base that prevented you from selecting him when we have a history of bringing guys back early?

Do you think referencing Tim’s inability in the ruck in pre game interviews is constructive? Is not allowing him to ruck in the F 50 last night further denting his confidence?

Do you think you can be too emotional when considering players futures?

Are you embarrassed by our late season collapse?

Are you confident we can strike the right balance with our current midfield group?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How do we improve our consistency throughout the course of a full season? In 2019 and 2020 we started off slow then all of sudden picked it up in the 2nd part of those seasons. 2021 we started so well but really fell away in the 2nd part of the season. How can fitness and medical conditioning be improved - important in regards to all the injuries we get.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    How do we improve our consistency throughout the course of a full season? In 2019 and 2020 we started off slow then all of sudden picked it up in the 2nd part of those seasons. 2021 we started so well but really fell away in the 2nd part of the season. How can fitness and medical conditioning be improved - important in regards to all the injuries we get.
    As an outsider looking in, I have big concerns about our high performance and medical set up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What is our plan for 2022 to get a topline ruckman
    Good question BAD. This must be addressed.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    As an outsider looking in, I have big concerns about our high performance and medical set up.
    I have no issues with these. Look at our last quarters, we are still flying.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, just feels like a long hard season with coronavirus restrictions on players and their families has taken its toll and its not really about the bottom 6 you could shuffle around at selection, its the AA mids not performing. Yeah its kinda been the same for everyone but even going back to last year our group seemed to underperform when things were stressful at home
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

16. Likes SquirrelGrip, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Port were too good on the day. There is a lot to admire about their club. But only better on the day by a whisker.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Port were too good. There is a lot to admire about their club.
    Is that what you want in the letter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is that what you want in the letter?
    Well what can we learn from Port rather than berating our own club for decisions made, upon which we don’t have the full information.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think it has been well covered in previous posts, but my issues have been the very clear issues with selection that we can all see.

Specifically I would question why we seem to place a low priority on the oppositions strengths when selecting our line up. (I understand that Bevo has a mantra of focusing on our own strengths and gamestyle - but does he really think we are getting the balance right?).

I would question how we can possibly justify a situation where we go into games with plans (or back up plans) to have the likes of Dunkley, Hannan and Bontempelli ruck.

My major concern is the voices surrounding Bevo not really having changed since he's been at the club. Good luck raising that point!