Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The letter

Post Thanks / Like

The letter

Woofers,

How are we all feeling this morning? If anything like me it ain’t that great.

I’ve had a big debrief with ‘comrade’ and shared our thoughts about what the *!*!*!*! has actually happened over the past 3 weeks. We were humming 13 days ago and what’s happened next is something none of us could imagine… maybe DOG GOD could have, but that’s about it.. no offence mate, love the passion!

So as a way to get some inner peace at a really shit time with everything else that’s happening we’re going to write a letter to the head honchos at the club to voice our concerns from the POV of the mug punters in the crowd who think they know a bit and are extremely passionate about the club.

So what I want from the WOOF community is the one question or concern you have which we will include in the letter.

Go your hardest team!

Once it’s done I’ll share the letter I’m with you all.
    Last edited by Mantis; 21-08-2021 at 10:16 AM.

2. Thanks Sedat, azabob, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The letter

Hope it makes you feel good it won't get past the lady at the front desk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Hope it makes you feel good it won't get past the lady at the front desk.
    I’ve had personal responses from coaches in the past… one even helped form a relationship with our senior coach.

I have faith my letter will be viewed… what comes if it isn’t that concerning though… it will make me feel better.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The #1 for me Mantis is why are mids rucking with Timmy 5 metres away. I just don’t understand the reasoning, and it looks a joke and would be a laughing stock of other teams.

#2 team selection. It seems certain players get a lot more chances to impress than others. It comes across as favouritism, and that’s not a good look when you’re trying to make the club a destination.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

7. Likes Mantis, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the rational behind bucking the trend of every other good side and neglecting height and intercept marking in our D50?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Explanation of how we went from 1st to 5th in 12 days?

Why are we playing players out of position to minimal effect? Ie JJ, Young
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all above Qs and here’s another:
    Why do we seldom tag opposition players who are tearing us apart? Eg Boak last night or Wines in last qtr

12. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you get Bevo to explain Cordys inclusion
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Can you get Bevo to explain Cordys inclusion
    Or why we haven't even tried to blood another ruckman while Martin has been out. I listened to his press conference and he bables on about how it's a weakness. Why not give another guy a shot then? Maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be in this mess now.

15. Likes Max469, westbulldog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Or why we haven't even tried to blood another ruckman while Martin has been out. I listened to his press conference and he bables on about how it's a weakness. Why not give another guy a shot then? Maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be in this mess now.
    Exactly. Apparently it’s blatantly obvious our midfield issues are because of the ruck. Then where is Sweet if Martin isn’t ready?? There’s no way Sweet is that bad that we don’t include him to address our biggest current issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Our coaching group has had the same voices for a number of years. How do we as a club keep up with footy IQ outside of our club and keep ahead of the curve? How do we keep the messaging fresh to the players?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

18. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a good initiative Mantis

Have we been aggressive enough with our trading for established players and with our list management decisions?

I'll think of a few more.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Our coaching group has had the same voices for a number of years. How do we as a club keep up with footy IQ outside of our club and keep ahead of the curve? How do we keep the messaging fresh to the players?
    This has to be front and centre when all is said and done.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It's clear opposition coaches are targeting our best clearance player which is having a massive effect on our ability at the source.

Why does it appear that we just let it happen without any resistance?

Post Thanks / Like

Do we think our handball game plan is sustainable? We always burn out every year / collapse in the same way.
    W00F!