Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  552
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs V Essendon - 1st Elimination Final 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Channel 7 already posting Cody Weightman kicks 4. All from free kicks. Shit stain of a channel.

Cody is copping some horrendous abuse on social media. Essendon fans showing their true form. I love that we’ve got someone like him in our colours. When opposition fans hate you so much, you’re doing something right. Never change Cody!

Now a couple of his frees were soft, but I didn’t think he overly played for any today.
    Bunch of sore losers. They should be criticising their players for dropping their heads after Cody's 4th goal. The game was on the line, and they went missing. It was around the 12 min mark of the 3rd quarter

13th min, Merrett shoves Hunter into the ground , and Young rightly gives him one to say its not on. Real tough of Shiels and Stringer to be on top of Young, jumper punching him.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon and making it someone else’s fault, name a more iconic duo.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes Go_Dogs, The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Essendon and making it someone else’s fault, name a more iconic duo.
    All the added salt re the cheap frees makes it probably my favourite finals win outside of 2016.

5. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, HOSE B ROMERO, The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was our lucky charm today. I’m so happy for him. Putting up with filthy, whinging Essendon fans would have been horrendous in a loss.

By the way, essendons entitlement showed today. The amount of times their players threw their hands up for deliberate or htb that clearly wasn’t there was embarrassing. Devon Smith tan and picked up the ball twice, assuming a deliberate call, and neither were anything close to deliberate. Showed their cards early there I reckon. And if I was an umpire I’d bloody give the other team a few cheapies if I had a whole team of sooks pleading for frees.
    I loved it when Hodge said that Merrett had asked him what the free kick to Weightman was for - at least five minutes after the free kick was paid. Get your head in the game muppet.

7. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great win! Really important to get some form back today. We go into a semi final now v Lions with some confidence.

Wasn’t posting during the game day thread today as I wanted to focus on watching the game. BAD strategy
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Bunch of sore losers. They should be criticising their players for dropping their heads after Cody's 4th goal. The game was on the line, and they went missing. It was around the 12 min mark of the 3rd quarter

13th min, Merrett shoves Hunter into the ground , and Young rightly gives him one to say its not on. Real tough of Shiels and Stringer to be on top of Young, jumper punching him.
    4 Goals, 2 from iffy 50m penalties.

I don’t expect any balance in it. For all the BS media hype on Essendon, the media outlets have lost a lot of credibility (if they had any left) so to blame the result on umpires deflects the week of BS media coverage by them themselves. Almost as if they were right to report it like they did all week, but it was the umpires. They weren’t caught of cheerleading to a sickening level at al…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon 4.12.36 defeated Cody Weightman 4.0.24.

Disappointing to be honest.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

We win the ‘Battle of Maribyrnong’
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Essendon 4.12.36 defeated Cody Weightman 4.0.24.

Disappointing to be honest.
    It was those soft 50m penalties that got them over the line.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT WIN by the team. Awesome 2nd half of intense footy. Put our head over, ran hard, and made a contest. No mucking around, just fist the ball in defence. Dunks and Treloar more like their usual selfs in the 2nd half. Libba fantastic in close and I thought Young did well up against it.

No doubt the weather helped us. Took 2MP out of the equation. I was worried we wouldn’t have the ability to kick 10 goals, but Weightman nailed his set shots, as well as Schache.

Great to stick it up the bombers supporters. Felt sorry for my mum ofcourse, but the dogs are her 2nd fave team lol
    I had quite a few boisterous knobs a few rows back from me giving Cody hell, but I certainly didn’t leave my voice tucked away. I made it known what a GOD he is haha.

Enjoy the win everyone.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    GREAT WIN by the team. Awesome 2nd half of intense footy. Put our head over, ran hard, and made a contest. No mucking around, just fist the ball in defence. Dunks and Treloar more like their usual selfs in the 2nd half. Libba fantastic in close and I thought Young did well up against it.

No doubt the weather helped us. Took 2MP out of the equation. I was worried we wouldn’t have the ability to kick 10 goals, but Weightman nailed his set shots, as well as Schache.

Great to stick it up the bombers supporters. Felt sorry for my mum ofcourse, but the dogs are her 2nd fave team lol
    I had quite a few boisterous knobs a few rows back from me giving Cody hell, but I certainly didn’t leave my voice tucked away. I made it known what a GOD he is haha.

Enjoy the win everyone.
    Awesome DG you were channeling the collective voice of WOOF along with other Tassie dogs that made it to the game. Must’ve been an awesome second half.

17. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy it DG, saviour it!
    W00F!

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rapt for Gardy that he got to play in his home state after a wretched season with injuries. Played a no nonsense Gardy game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Awesome DG you were channeling the collective voice of WOOF along with other Tassie dogs that made it to the game. Must’ve been an awesome second half.
    Great 2nd half. Played the ground well, and far superior in the conditions.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Channel 7 already posting Cody Weightman kicks 4. All from free kicks. Shit stain of a channel.

Cody is copping some horrendous abuse on social media. Essendon fans showing their true form. I love that we’ve got someone like him in our colours. When opposition fans hate you so much, you’re doing something right. Never change Cody!

Now a couple of his frees were soft, but I didn’t think he overly played for any today.
    Retweet it and use Bombers hash tag. @ Rohan Connelly while you're at it