Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  214
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 AFL Finals Series

Honestly does being at home/away effect us at all? We’ve been better as the away side this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Honestly does being at home/away effect us at all? We’ve been better as the away side this year.
    I just want a crowd there
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bye round between Prelim and GF
    This is huge.

Winners of this weeks QF could end up playing one week on, week off, week on, week off.

Watch Chris Scott melt in due course
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This is huge.

Winners of this weeks QF could end up playing one week on, week off, week on, week off.

Watch Chris Scott melt in due course
    Looking forward to it. His little pantomime act must be in the camera man’s things-to-do checklist week in week out.
    Watching Max Gawn’s mark send him stomping out of the box was a delight.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

5. Likes DOG GOD, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Announcement by the AFEL at 3.55pm re the finals...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

MCG or Perth. Likely Perth.

Good thing we won’t be playing and thus be deprived the opportunity. Good news all round.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    MCG or Perth. Likely Perth.

Good thing we won’t be playing and thus be deprived the opportunity. Good news all round.
    Who knows we wont be there BT? Having the faith that we will win each week is half the fun. Take away that and what have you got. Had a dream too that we reached the GF. Woke up before I looked at the scores

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Who knows we wont be there BT? Having the faith that we will win each week is half the fun. Take away that and what have you got. Had a dream too that we reached the GF. Woke up before I looked at the scores
    My reading of things over last weeks is that this is not our year. I’d love to be wrong, don’t get me wrong. What do we have? Trade, draft and preseason. Add in integrity to match committee selection and it’s a new hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My reading of things over last weeks is that this is not our year. I’d love to be wrong, don’t get me wrong. What do we have? Trade, draft and preseason. Add in integrity to match committee selection and it’s a new hope.
    Faith that the players will get it done BT. I am confident we will win this week.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've stuffed up an excellent chance royally and go into the finals without a second chance, terrible form and low on confidence, however we have plenty.

We know our best can match it with anyone. This isn't just faith, we have gone with and beaten the best.
    - Dees: we beat at MCG
    - Port we beat on their own deck (where we will probably play them if we get there) and lost to them by 2 points will in a rut (which we might not get out of granted but still, clearly can believe we can beat Power)
    - Cats (lost by after the siren at their dump. No Naughton after HT. No Dunks, no Adz. Bruce was playing but we stronger now. We had no ruck then. They lose Stewart/get Cameron. There is enough to say we can beat them.
    - Lions. One game, one convincing win.

Our opponent Essendon, we clearly had enough chances to beat. Wright was rampant and we have Keath back.

I am down, I think we will actually lose Sunday but there is more than blind hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    We've stuffed up an excellent chance royally and go into the finals without a second chance, terrible form and low on confidence, however we have plenty.

We know our best can match it with anyone. This isn't just faith, we have gone with and beaten the best.
    - Dees: we beat at MCG
    - Port we beat on their own deck (where we will probably play them if we get there) and lost to them by 2 points will in a rut (which we might not get out of granted but still, clearly can believe we can beat Power)
    - Cats (lost by after the siren at their dump. No Naughton after HT. No Dunks, no Adz. Bruce was playing but we stronger now. We had no ruck then. They lose Stewart/get Cameron. There is enough to say we can beat them.
    - Lions. One game, one convincing win.

Our opponent Essendon, we clearly had enough chances to beat. Wright was rampant and we have Keath back.

I am down, I think we will actually lose Sunday but there is more than blind hope.
    We will smash Essendon, I have no doubt in my mind.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it BAD...deserved more than a like.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Faith that the players will get it done BT. I am confident we will win this week.
    I hope you’re right. RE teachers and Sunday school teachers told me much the same. I’m an atheist. I like proof, evidence, rationality and logic over faith. That doesn’t mean I want to lose, but my assessment is a loss prediction. Rocco’s post sums it up. There’s reason to see a win, and reason to see a loss coming. I hope a magic switch is flipped and it happens, after significant changes to the 23. Thursday night could swing me back. Tinkering at the edges would heighten my expectation. But we are here, so let’s go out swinging as hard as possible. A meek cowardly backward stepping effort like GWS in 2019 could create some more scar tissue that we don’t want. We will soon see though. Oh to be taken back to before the Essendon game when all was perfect in our footy world.

18. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You also said we were a lock for top 4

The lads have completely ripped out any faith or hope I have in them over the last 3 weeks, to the point I’ll actually be surprised if we do win.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    You also said we were a lock for top 4

The lads have completely ripped out any faith or hope I have in them over the last 3 weeks, to the point I’ll actually be surprised if we do win.
    I’d be surprised is we win but I also think their is hope we could go along way. Partially about demonstrated ability to beat best mainly, is anyone else THAT good?