Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Triple treat: Bontempelli, Macrae, Dale earn AA honours

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...arn-aa-honours

Triple treat: Bontempelli, Macrae, Dale earn AA honours
    Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Bailey Dale named in the 2021 All Australian team of 22.

The Western Bulldogs are celebrating a triple treat of All-Australian selections, with Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Bailey Dale all named in the team of 22.

It is a fourth selection for Bontempelli (2016, 2019, 2020), a third-consecutive honour for Macrae (2019, 2020) and a maiden blazer for Dale.

Dale’s revolutionary pre-season switch from the forward-line to back-line well and truly paid off, with the 25-year-old enjoying a standout season in defence.

Named on the half-back flank, he averaged 24.5 disposals, 528.5 metres gained, and 5.3 rebound 50s while travelling at an average disposal efficiency of 80.3%.

Bontempelli was a proven match-winner for the Bulldogs this year, averaging 27.2 disposals, 5.5 clearances, 6.6 inside 50s and 545.8 metres gained.

The skipper also finished as the Club’s third-best goalkicker, slotting 26 majors.

He was named on the half-forward flank, while claiming All-Australian vice-captaincy honours for the first time in his career.

Macrae also started the season in fine form, producing a run of 15 consecutive games with at least 30 disposals.

Named as ruck-rover, the ball-magnet registered an average of 33.8 possessions, 4.8 tackles, 6.8 clearances and five inside 50s.

The trio of All-Australians were announced as part of a virtual broadcast event on Fox Footy on Thursday night.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Triple treat: Bontempelli, Macrae, Dale earn AA honours

What a great move by Bevo to move Dale to HBF
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Eastdog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Great move.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Might need him in the midfield the way we are going...
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sorry mate, it doesn't count as a great move because we didn't lodge paperwork and planning permits with the members well in advance of it happening. Thus, he can't possibly be given any credit for it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sorry mate, it doesn't count as a great move because we didn't lodge paperwork and planning permits with the members well in advance of it happening. Thus, he can't possibly be given any credit for it.
    Shouldn’t credit should go to Dale for making such a huge success of a move that happened with absolutely no preparation over pre season and was only put into place a few weeks before the season start. Because isn’t it all on the players or is that only when we’re losing?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Shouldn’t credit should go to Dale for making such a huge success of a move that happened with absolutely no preparation over pre season and was only put into place a few weeks before the season start. Because isn’t it all on the players or is that only when we’re losing?
    I actually do have some insider footage of that particular decision making process.

A Woof exclusive so we are pretty privileged :

10. Likes jeemak, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent effort by all of those 3, brilliant years hope they can play their best on Sunday.

Libba stiff, but he was recognised by his team mates this week in the mvp player voting so good he is given the credit he deserves by someone!

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you see my post in the AA thread I give credit to Dale, absolutely he's done a fantastic job this year and I'm stoked for him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae is my favourite player but I thought he might miss after his last few weeks. Need tough, uncompromising, no fuss, no fumbles Macrae back this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If you see my post in the AA thread I give credit to Dale, absolutely he's done a fantastic job this year and I'm stoked for him.
    The thing is some plans take time and fail (English ruck) some are more risky so as the French say :

"A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire!"

Roughly no glory without peril/risk!

Bevo has turned a guy who was probably on his last chance as a forward into the premier half back flanker in the entire competition. Nay.. The world!

An absolute credit to both Bailey and Luke and they should both be commended.

Plus :

We are going to cream the Bombers. Just saying.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 27-08-2021 at 09:43 AM.

16. Likes jeemak, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I watch Bailey Dale kick and my immediate thought is "oh he's toed it" and then two seconds later a laser hits a teammate on the chest.

It's remarkable the footballer he has become - I love it when the penny drops for a player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Sometimes I watch Bailey Dale kick and my immediate thought is "oh he's toed it" and then two seconds later a laser hits a teammate on the chest.

It's remarkable the footballer he has become - I love it when the penny drops for a player.
    Its stating the obvious but he is a brilliant kick of a footy - bites off a lot but mostly delivers low penetrating kicks that give defenders very little chance.

Teams have paid a lot of attention in the second half of the year but hes mostly just kept at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that two years in a row we've had an AA half back, who'd previously played elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn’t the coach set a plan and support the players to be their best, with the ultimate goal being team success. And then it’s on the players to execute the plan?

So in the instance of a player making AA, you give some credit to Bevo for seeing the possibility, but definitely majority goes to the player cause they needed to execute week after week.