Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  75
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned finals week one 2021 v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The preceding 3 weeks have burnt me so badly that I’ll need more than a half before believing again but IF they have turned a corner, look out!
    I’m preparing to buy shares in them. If the early action when the market opens is good, I’m selling all my Jarrad Grant & Tom Boyd shares and then buy as much Bromance Incorporated shares as I can get. The price will go higher than Iron Ore was 4 months ago.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The jealousy warms my heart. If opposition fans are sooking about us then we’re doing something right. Any team that’s a threat gets attacked for one reason or another. I’d rather opposition fans hate us than be indifferent.
    They only hate us when we are a threat. I take the criticism as a compliment and lap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Give me vitriol over ‘Bulldogs are my second team’ every day of the week.
    its my least favourite sentence.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Twodogs;757396]They only hate us when we are a threat. I take the criticism as a compliment and lap it up.

Yep. Give me vitriol over ‘Bulldogs are my second team’ every day of the week.[/QUOTE]

its my least favourite sentence.
    We are their 18th Team. Suits everybody.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. I'd forgotten how much I hate James Brayshaw commentating. The whole ch7 team in general actually. you'd never know the dogs were playing, let along kicked 8 unanswered goals!

2. Gardner is our no. 2 tall backman

3. Devon Smith is a little sniper s*** - honestly never paid him much attention but just watched the replay and he is a filthy little guttersnipe
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Oh it's just me venting TBH, I shouldn't get this worked up over idiots on the internet. I don't post there, I just lurk and I have a joke going with a colleague who's also a Doggies supporter about how it's 98% garbage and 2% deeply insightful and incisive football commentary - the problem being avoiding the 98%!

Anyway I made the mistake of reading the game day thread on their main board and the hate for Cody was disgusting. The Essendon fans I could understand but then Swans and Dees supporters started piling in. Then it faded into reprosecuting the 2016 Grand Final "apology" again and it just left a bad taste in the mouth. Extra annoying given I have a soft spot for both Sydney (being from there originally) and Melbourne (Melbourne family are huge Dees supporters).

I am heartily sick of football "fans" who can't figure out that frees are a) not balanced by design and b) an intrinsic part of a very dynamic and complex game. Denigrating Weightman's performance alongside the Dogs' 2016 Grand Final performance makes me think these people don't deserve to be fans of such a magnificent game.
    Yep that sounds like BF alright.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Our best could take us all the way.
    2.The Media and oppositions fan love for the Drug Cheats or anyone we come up against, could only mean we are now hated more than we were loved in 2016.
    3. Schache and Gardner do have have a part to play in our future.

4.After reading the first 40 pages of the Game Day Forum in retrospect of the result, my decision to not look at Woof until after the game was very wise.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge. It felt like it might have been the switch being flicked on regaining touch. In the rain and pressure of the second half his numbers were brilliant off the back of gut running:

18 Disposals, 3 Intercept, 2 Marks, 5 Tackles (3 x I50), 1 Clearance, 4 x I50, 1 x R50, 1 GA, Running Shot through 50 for the first time since back, no CBA (ie outside role)

I hope both he and Dunkley have turned the corner with games now.
    It was certainly encouraging to see Treloar getting more footy and importantly, run and carry in the second half.

I have pretty big reservations about Treloar's work off the ball and don't really think he applies himself well enough in that area, there were at least a few occasions on the weekend when his efforts to chase/tackles were underwhelming.

But if he starts to give us that explosiveness and run and carry regularly - he'll be a huge asset on Saturday night in a hot game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post

4.After reading the first 40 pages of the Game Day Forum in retrospect of the result, my decision to not look at Woof until after the game was very wise.
    Like who really gives a shit if we all go off tap in the Game Day thread? It's a place to vent & cheer alike.

1/ Was concerned about our forwards ability to kick a score, but 12 of the 13 goals came from our forwards which was a good return.

2/ Our midfield relishes heavy conditions.. Libba is a beast and Bont's clean hands give us a huge territorial advantage.

3/ It's ultra important to take your chances in finals and except for English's miss we kicked all the ones we needed to.

11. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It was certainly encouraging to see Treloar getting more footy and importantly, run and carry in the second half.

I have pretty big reservations about Treloar's work off the ball and don't really think he applies himself well enough in that area, there were at least a few occasions on the weekend when his efforts to chase/tackles were underwhelming.

But if he starts to give us that explosiveness and run and carry regularly - he'll be a huge asset on Saturday night in a hot game.
    I love Treloar but some of his defensive efforts were embarrassing. I don't think it's ever been a highlight of his game, but it was very noticeable v Essendon.

He needs to be much better in that area this week.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I love Treloar but some of his defensive efforts were embarrassing. I don't think it's ever been a highlight of his game, but it was very noticeable v Essendon.

He needs to be much better in that area this week.
    His first half was as poor defensively as you’d see but he laid a big tackle inside our 50 in the 3rd and I actually feel like that was the beginning of the end for Essendon. The rest of the team started to follow suit and the Bombers were cooked.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    1. I'd forgotten how much I hate James Brayshaw commentating. The whole ch7 team in general actually. you'd never know the dogs were playing, let along kicked 8 unanswered goals!
    The whole commentary team were all pumping up the bombers for the entire match, was infruiating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Like who really gives a shit if we all go off tap in the Game Day thread? It's a place to vent & cheer alike.
    Yeah those threads aren't for everyone but I cannot imagine reading it post the match, maybe the last 3-4 pages but certainly not the first 20.

16. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah those threads aren't for everyone but I cannot imagine reading it post the match, maybe the last 3-4 pages but certainly not the first 20.
    I don't read them and frankly don't want to comment during a match. I may make a comment at quarter and half times. The rest is mostly rubbish reading, but if people want to write that stuff, good luck.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. When you pick the right team miracles do happen
    2. The backline was superb to hold Essendon goal less after half time
    3. Given the opportunity both Young and Schache showed how important they are to our lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Post match is the best time to read when we win. It's like a rollercoaster that you know ends happily.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't read them and frankly don't want to comment during a match. I may make a comment at quarter and half times. The rest is mostly rubbish reading, but if people want to write that stuff, good luck.
    I feel personally attacked.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post