Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  75
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned finals week one 2021 v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Like who really gives a shit if we all go off tap in the Game Day thread? It's a place to vent & cheer alike.

1/ Was concerned about our forwards ability to kick a score, but 12 of the 13 goals came from our forwards which was a good return.

2/ Our midfield relishes heavy conditions.. Libba is a beast and Bont's clean hands give us a huge territorial advantage.

3/ It's ultra important to take your chances in finals and except for English's miss we kicked all the ones we needed to.
    I think last week was a bit different, because given our moods people were going off tap before the game had even started!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Post match is the best time to read when we win. It's like a rollercoaster that you know ends happily.

I feel personally attacked.
    I think the in-game stuff mimics a pantomime most of the time anyway. The F-bomb gets dropped because there's a filter blocking the F-bomb. It adds effect and articulates frustration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Post match is the best time to read when we win. It's like a rollercoaster that you know ends happily.

I feel personally attacked.
    Nah, never. I don't care what people write, and I don't need the feel to read it anymore.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nah, never. I don't care what people write, and I don't need the feel to read it anymore.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, jeemak, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It was certainly encouraging to see Treloar getting more footy and importantly, run and carry in the second half.

I have pretty big reservations about Treloar's work off the ball and don't really think he applies himself well enough in that area, there were at least a few occasions on the weekend when his efforts to chase/tackles were underwhelming.

But if he starts to give us that explosiveness and run and carry regularly - he'll be a huge asset on Saturday night in a hot game.

Totally agree. A few times right in front of me, his “running efforts” left a lot to be desired.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah those threads aren't for everyone but I cannot imagine reading it post the match, maybe the last 3-4 pages but certainly not the first 20.
    I for one treat the match day thread like a seat in the old John Gent stand at Western Oval. Match day intervals are a chance to chat with the other supporters, although its sometimes disappointing to see players criticised unfairly.

Match day would not be the same without it.

But I could certainly do without the "f#*K off player X" or "player B should never play again comments". Even the little old ladies sitting around the boundary fence never got down to that level, although they did teach me a few words that I couldn't ever use at home.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His first half was as poor defensively as you’d see but he laid a big tackle inside our 50 in the 3rd and I actually feel like that was the beginning of the end for Essendon. The rest of the team started to follow suit and the Bombers were cooked.
    Ever seen him when an opposition player moves to block/shepherd......Treloar kryptonite! Immediately gives up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever seen him when an opposition player moves to block/shepherd......Treloar kryptonite! Immediately gives up.
    Yeah, he does… but I guess also, why smash your body? I saw him do it a couple of times and he was not going to impact the play and only would’ve banged himself up. Why do it?

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Yeah, he does… but I guess also, why smash your body? I saw him do it a couple of times and he was not going to impact the play and only would’ve banged himself up. Why do it?
    Bang them up. Make them think twice about shepherding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    He should do what I used to do, just pump your arms fast and it appears you're trying.
    Well that's what I told myself...

Treloar looked off in all aspects in the first half, he gave away a free and looked really frustrated and appeared out of synch with the flow of the game.
    He seems like a confidence player so it was really exciting to see him seem more like the guy from the first half of the season in the second half.

13. Likes Testekill, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, happened a lot on the weekend. Reckon he’s so short of a gallop, it’s impacted his confidence to push through those things.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His first half was as poor defensively as you’d see but he laid a big tackle inside our 50 in the 3rd and I actually feel like that was the beginning of the end for Essendon. The rest of the team started to follow suit and the Bombers were cooked.
    Agreed. It appeared to me Bont had a quick chat to him at one of the breaks (during the coverage you could see them come together and Bont speaking with him). He clicked into gear afterwards. I’m probably just drawing a conclusion to build the narrative Bont is Best, but hey, maybe I did see what I thought I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think last week was a bit different, because given our moods people were going off tap before the game had even started!
    Yeah, it was (understandably) quite negative. We all deal with stuff differently - I really enjoy reading the little bits and pieces that everyone picks up on to infer if we are on or not. We are all guessing, but the different things everyone notices is fascinating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Yeah, it was (understandably) quite negative. We all deal with stuff differently - I really enjoy reading the little bits and pieces that everyone picks up on to infer if we are on or not. We are all guessing, but the different things everyone notices is fascinating.
    Absolutely. How perception meets perspective and what drives each here is kinda cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It hadn't exactly been the most enterprising 3 weeks that preceded the Essenbin match.

19. Likes jeemak liked this post