Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  53
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Semi Final vs Brisbane 2021

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Last week I was fairly confident when I knew it was going to rain, and the fact the last time we played the Bombers, they couldn’t do a thing wrong.

This week, im worried. The last time we beat them was a wet, cold Ballarat day, where our tall fwds marked everything. Daniher and Cameron couldn’t get near it. Saturday night it’s going to be a fast deck. Im worried what Cameron might do, over the back in particular, and Daniher is due.

Being at the Gabba for a final gives me the shakes, thinking back to years gone by.

It will be a big task. Im feeling maybe 40% confident.

If we somehow win, the following week against Port REALLY concerns me…especially over there in front of their fans. (Yes we won earlier in the year, but this is a PRELIM FINAL).

If we somehow managed to get to the GF, I believe we have the team to beat either Melb, Geel or GWS in Perth.

We are certainly on the harder side.
    It didn't rain in Ballarat that day, and we really were in control.

I am expecting a similar game tomorrow night.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/news/673687/a...r-injury-cloud

AFL now running with the story about Caleb Daniel being the player in doubt for tomorrow night's game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It didn't rain in Ballarat that day, and we really were in control.

I am expecting a similar game tomorrow night.
    Apologies Bornadog…I thought it did…must’ve just been very cold and windy. I was in Hobart just watching bits of the game so got confused.

You’re feeling pretty confident then ? What are you most worried about ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

If this was Rnd 20 I'd be feeling pretty confident. But our run of 3 poor games to end the H & A, is still on my mind.
    The best version of our self is better than there's. If we run out and play like that then I have confidence we will win.
    Even with that, Brisbane are a 4-5 goal better team on their home deck, so we're gonna need to be the best version of our self to get over the line!

I just don't want to see the lethargy that we saw in the First 3 Qtrs of last years Elimination Final. Being at the ground was so frustrating, because with the wider view of proceedings than the TV presents, you could see things as they were going to unfold ahead of it happening. It was at times like watching one of those comedy show checker moves where a player jumps over the whole board in one sweep.

Post Thanks / Like

No Daniel would be a huge loss. Massive.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

AFEL.com reporting Daniel is the player ‘possibly’ dropping out of the team. Lower leg injury/concern.

Looking at the emergencies probably Scott comes in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Damn. That would be a big blow.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    AFEL.com reporting Daniel is the player ‘possibly’ dropping out of the team. Lower leg injury/concern.

Looking at the emergencies probably Scott comes in.
    Surely not? If I look at the emergencies then it will be JJ or Cordy.

Post Thanks / Like

To add to the unsettling events there is a confirmed Covid case as well. Surely too late to cancel the game or move it so some interesting decisions to be made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Surely not? If I look at the emergencies then it will be JJ or Cordy.
    Cordy as a smart ball user who can run with it? Do we need a third tall plus Wood?

My question is if JJ can play on the wing. I prefer him as the sub and Scott in.

If there’s a genuine injury, can we bring in someone not an emergency like Richards?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    To add to the unsettling events there is a confirmed Covid case as well. Surely too late to cancel the game or move it so some interesting decisions to be made.
    Where is that case?

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel trained today. This could be a case of journos mining forums for content.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Daniel trained today. This could be a case of journos mining forums for content.
    We need to come up with interesting content if this is the case. Bruce had surgery, and the surgeon realised today it’s not an ACL. Bruce could be back next week when the skin has healed. Amazing.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Where is that case?
    Childcare in Logan I think I read. Kid tested positive today.

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Childcare in Logan I think I read. Kid tested positive today.
    I’m not one to pay much attention to premier press conferences. Might keep an eye tomorrow morning.

If a kid has it, a guess is the parents have it and others around them and their movements.

The game won’t get cancelled, but the crowd on the other hand…