Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep. I think they are one case away from a snap lockdown. If I was a betting man, which I am, I’d say they will be in lockdown once they get the close contact results (which are prioritised).
    I think they will have to. Will play havoc with NRL finals. The AFEL will be hoping nothing impacts the ‘spectacle’ tonight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think they will have to. Will play havoc with NRL finals. The AFEL will be hoping nothing impacts the ‘spectacle’ tonight.
    Yeah out of their hands now for sure. Qld I think just will keep open while they can as they will get it soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Qld can block this wave if very lucky but they’ll have an outbreak before 70-80% vax. They know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Think we are going to do something special today.

5. Likes bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think Roarke will go to McCluggage as a defensive wing. Hannan may get a job stopping Rich.
    I thought Hannan was ok last week and I don't hate the idea of this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I had a dream (or nightmare) last night that Cordy was playing. At a crucial time he tripped over his own feet and let his opponent in for an easy goal.

My TV remote went through the wall and then I woke up.. in a cold sweat!

Please don’t let him be a late inclusion.

8. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I had a dream (or nightmare) last night that Cordy was playing. At a crucial time he tripped over his own feet and let his opponent in for an easy goal.

My TV remote went through the wall and then I woke up.. in a cold sweat!

Please don’t let him be a late inclusion.
    Damn crystal ball seems to be stuck in 2016, must be some sort of Chinese cyber attack. It shows Zaine playing, and playing well too.

Unless ??????

Therefore no prediction for today, only a lot of hope and investiture.

Go "Dogs !!
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

10. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Birthday Boy - just for EW

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes EasternWest, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have noticed of Rich is that he's not overly defensive and tends to sit away from the pack I agree we need someone to sit on him and exploit his lack of chasing.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully tonight goes better than the Semi-Final V Brisbane at the GABBA in 1999. After we lost the the Qualifying Final to West Coast by under a kick in that crazy windy night at the MCG, we made the decision to book flights and attend the Semi-Final at the GABBA. I still had blind faith in this Wallace team who had lost successive Prelims and then lost the QF even though we had 17 more inside 50s (66-49), 9 more marks inside 50m (14-5) and 57 more touches (345-288).

It was night a not a memorable night. We conceded seven goals in the first quarter and it was pretty much game over. Those long road trips are depressing when you concede so meekly (We lost every quarter.). My only good memory was drinking 500ml Carlton Colds in plastic bottles ... whatever happened to those! Needed a few more Carlton Colds after quarter time to blunt the pain, at least they were cold.

The worst part was watching Alastair Lynch with the choke gesture towards Scott West. Why did it hurt so much? It was too close to the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Hopefully tonight goes better than the Semi-Final V Brisbane at the GABBA in 1999. After we lost the the Qualifying Final to West Coast by under a kick in that crazy windy night at the MCG, we made the decision to book flights and attend the Semi-Final at the GABBA. I still had blind faith in this Wallace team who had lost successive Prelims and then lost the QF even though we had 17 more inside 50s (66-49), 9 more marks inside 50m (14-5) and 57 more touches (345-288).

It was night a not a memorable night. We conceded seven goals in the first quarter and it was pretty much game over. Those long road trips are depressing when you concede so meekly (We lost every quarter.). My only good memory was drinking 500ml Carlton Colds in plastic bottles ... whatever happened to those! Needed a few more Carlton Colds after quarter time to blunt the pain, at least they were cold.

The worst part was watching Alastair Lynch with the choke gesture towards Scott West. Why did it hurt so much? It was too close to the truth.

God the PAIN AP!

It's like yesterday. Now you've got me remembering the week before. That WCE final at the G in 99. What a c0ck up, bloody Malthouse's revenge ( he had resigned during the week ). Never have I been to a final more confident of a win and had the opposite outcome.

It was the first final my now wife had attended too, I was pumping us up....I can't believe she's 1. married to me and 2. still on board with my footy team.

Edit : I've just checked the game out and I blame Wallet, Dent as an emergency what was he thinking!

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    God the PAIN AP!

It's like yesterday. Now you've got me remembering the week before. That WCE final at the G in 99. What a c0ck up, bloody Malthouse's revenge ( he had resigned during the week ). Never have I been to a final more confident of a win and had the opposite outcome.

It was the first final my now wife had attended too, I was pumping us up....I can't believe she's 1. married to me and 2. still on board with my footy team.

Edit : I've just checked the game out and I blame Wallet, Dent as an emergency what was he thinking!
    Shocking night. The wind was awful, hot and lots of out on the fulls. I remember the WCE players kept creeping up on the mark and the umpire wouldn't pull them back.. There was a blatant one with only minutes to go, when we were within a goal and Koly marked inside 50, but somehow ended up kicking from 55 and couldn't make the distance.

Then the next week and the chocking action by Lynch. Have hated him ever since - he is a prize wanker, culminating in his actions in his last game.

I am confident we will overcome the Gabba blues and nail this one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    God the PAIN AP!

I also attended the game with my now wife. We had planned a big night after and we met friends at the Marquee Club in South Melbourne. Everyone was in great spirits, having a great night out ... I was drowning my sorrows

p.s. highlight of the night was Billy the Kid (in the long sleeve jumper) kicking four, loved watching him play

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Shocking night. The wind was awful, hot and lots of out on the fulls. I remember the WCE players kept creeping up on the mark and the umpire wouldn't pull them back.. There was a blatant one with only minutes to go, when we were within a goal and Koly marked inside 50, but somehow ended up kicking from 55 and couldn't make the distance.

Then the next week and the chocking action by Lynch. Have hated him ever since - he is a prize wanker, culminating in his actions in his last game.

I am confident we will overcome the Gabba blues and nail this one.
    I just watched the last couple of mins - Koly kicked a goal with less than a minute to go. The greatest player ever laced out the pass.

If you want to see Malthouse go spare here are the last two minutes : Last Two Mins: WB v WCE, QF 1999 - Malthouse goes mental in an upset (afl.com.au)

We kicked it out on the full 13 times!

21. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Birthday Boy - just for EW

It's directed at me but it's for the benefit of everyone.
    "It's over. It's all over."