Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

Quote Originally Posted by Rance Fan View Post
    Gee Trealor looked terrible tonight.
    Looked unwell, way off.
    Hope he can bounce back
    Not a great game from Treloar by any means, but after being largely invisible in the first, I thought that he worked himself into it in the second. Then he had a shocker of a 3rd, including giving away the panicked free at the top of the defensive 50.

But he worked really hard in the last quarter, really pressured them hard, and some of his tackles were crucial (from memory he won two holding the ball free kicks from them).

We want him to be better, and likely need him to be better. But nevertheless, it's a great sign when a player like that fights it out to the end, and has some vital moments in the win.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

2. Likes Ghost Dog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Tempted to watch the replay now...... no hope of sleeping after that game.
    The wife has said I should come to bed…. it’s very tempting to watch right now, because agree, the sleep will not come easily tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Tempted to watch the replay now...... no hope of sleeping after that game.
    Need a new thread for when we all watch the replay! Ha

5. Likes Jeanette54, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca;759025[B
    ]I find it incompressible this trade talk.[/B] The kids only 20, his played every game since debut, and his always there in getting the ball. Sure his disposal is crap at times, but its elite sport, its milliseconds in terms of execution, being good or bad.

The kid is elite, his played 65 games. Pound for pound his one of the strongest mids for his age, runs all day , knows how to find the ball, and kicks goals.

B.Smith was huge last quarter.

I am a huge fan and he has even more upside to go. We are very , very lucky to have him.

I always had belief in this team, and the boys must be really pumped and proud of their effort.

Well done Doggies.

this was the most intense games I have every watched.

I agree. The 17 other clubs would fall over the themselves trying to get to the front of the line if we said we were going to trade Bailey Smith. While he genuinely shanks the ball from time to time he also takes risks with his kicking and as a result he can be high risk, high reward. That will improve when he is older than 21.

The kid is a genuine star.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes Stefcep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    17 other clubs would fall over the themselves getting into line if we said we were going to trade Bailey Smith. While he genuinely shanks the ball from time to time he also takes risks with his kicking and as a result he can be high risk, high reward. That will improve when he is older than 21.
    When his body matures and he can put on the muscle mass at 24-25 , his kicks are going to be longer. For someone his age, his strength is incredible, very similar to Ollly Wines. Only see him getting better, baring injury.

We need to look after this young man as his going to be the core of our midfield for next 10 years. Along with the younger kids coming through in Garcia, VDM, Scoot, McNeil etc...

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I disagree, that was an atrocious decision based purely on sensing the situation. The game was ours at that point and considered, measured ball use was needed. Agree they were out of position but everything was about not opening the ground up for them at that point.
    I need a dislke button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Clearance and contested ball numbers are unbelievable. To turn that around from qtr time after Oscar got on top is astonishing.

Do we have a problem closing out games? At 8 points up with repeat entries we shouldn’t have let it get to the frantic finish. Geelong and Port games both had similar moments. Felt like everyone was trying to win it themselves when we had those chances to ice it.

English is playing his part but he could do so much more on the air, same as Naughton who really started throwing himself at it late.

Thought JJ made a difference when he came on with his pace.

If Bont plays sore next week it actually gives us a chance to get Treloar on ball. I really don’t think it’s his fault or the match committee. We couldn’t rotate anyone out of there. Libba getting tagged actually gave him a chance to manipulate the stoppage set ups and put someone less dangerous in there. Couldn’t take Macrae or Bont out either. Treloar struggling in other roles but we knew this when we got him. It will turn for him just needs to control his effort. Thought his tackling lifted.

Easton Wood has been huge the last two weeks. Experience really shining through, thought he was stiff early on two of the Cameron goals.

Good practice for Ports army of smalls tonight. Brisbane are really good at ground level goals and we held up well.

Macrae metres gained stats on top of everything else he did. What a player and his return to form has kicked us into gear as much as anyone. Much cleaner the last two weeks.
    Thought Caleb was our best. TBH only player for us who has the skill by hand and foot and the football IQ to play through any heat an opposition can throw at him.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Thought Caleb was our best. TBH only player for us who has the skill by hand and foot and the football IQ to play through any heat an opposition can throw at him.
    He's an absolute genius. Pound for pound the best footballer I have ever seen.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Stefcep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The kicks to Bont and Wood to open up ground were things of beauty. Brisbane terrible defending, but perfect balls to players running into attacking space. Both were exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Yes, a mile off. Multiple soft efforts and silly things. Clearly not fit. Not sure we have anyone better, available who who played recently, but gee… Adam needs to improve on that effort.
    Yep. He noticibly pulled out of one contest at a crucial stage. Still his best is pretty good, I'm confident that he'll play better next week
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2dogs
    Bevos executive power comes from a mandate from the players (after they were visited by the Lady of Shalott).

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The 17 other clubs would fall over the themselves trying to get to the front of the line if we said we were going to trade Bailey Smith. While he genuinely shanks the ball from time to time he also takes risks with his kicking and as a result he can be high risk, high reward. That will improve when he is older than 21.

The kid is a genuine star.
    Yep. I was yelling at him during the game for his costly and dumb mistakes, but it was also clear how important he was for the positive things we were doing and the way we wanted to play. 3 goals in a 1 point win. I'd say the ledger is more than in his favour tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. He noticibly pulled out of one contest at a crucial stage. Still his best is pretty good, I'm confident that he'll play better next week
    On the flip side, Dunks got better as the game wore on. He was big in the last quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Daniel was exceptional. Even his ability to step forward in defence and stop the momentum of the ball, get a hand in or move a player off the ball without infringing is just so clever.

22. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniels recruitment in the draft was pure genius. His ability to read the play is elite, probably better than Luke Hodge. Runs all day, is a fantastic kick on both sides. His centre of gravity is very low and its rare to see him lose his footing. His ability to find a player 40+ m out and nail the kick is just poetry in motion. Also in packs, how he weaves and ducks and gets the ball clear from stoppages is crucial for our backline to win possession of the ball.

I recall when Bevo asked if he was 10cm taller where would he go in the draft ? The response from the recruitment team was top 10... or something like that the vid I watched.

24. Likes Raw Toast liked this post