Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

The Bont overturned goal was an absolute disgrace. It was called a goal. They said it deviated. No finger movement. Was not 100% clear. How was that overturned? Madness.

2. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The Bont overturned goal was an absolute disgrace. It was called a goal. They said it deviated. No finger movement. Was not 100% clear. How was that overturned? Madness.
    the AEFL trying to bend the rules so Brisbane can get deeper into the finals. Yeah.. its great for the game if they win. Football is the winner.. right ?

AFL hate us.

Beyond frustrated when this happens. I try to restrain myself from breaking my TV.

Fagan in the press conference "that will harden us going forward".. .AFL thinking .. how can we soften the rules to bend it in Brisbane's favour?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either. The camera showed nothing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh..and as we were making our way out of the GABBA.. there was a drunk woman, who announced herself as a Saint's fan, but was trying to get Dog's fans to start a chant... and then when she didn't succeed starting mouthing off about how poor we were...... well she was in a group that included...... Billy Gowers.....
    I saw him turn around and called out to him and he acknowledged me... and the group also pulled their Saint's fan into line....Group wearing Dog's gear... so good to see Billy supporting his former teammates.

6. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast, hujsh, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Me??
    Never, you're an ankle nipper except for that one time Royce Hart said you were Roy Cazaly.

Which you've never ever mentioned around here and I just know because I just know.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Baz was amazing. I lost my mind at him for 4 atrocious decisions/kicks going forward, but you can't argue with 3 vital goals, some huge physical contests and a heap of other touches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Clearance and contested ball numbers are unbelievable. To turn that around from qtr time after Oscar got on top is astonishing.

Do we have a problem closing out games? At 8 points up with repeat entries we shouldn’t have let it get to the frantic finish. Geelong and Port games both had similar moments. Felt like everyone was trying to win it themselves when we had those chances to ice it.

English is playing his part but he could do so much more on the air, same as Naughton who really started throwing himself at it late.

Thought JJ made a difference when he came on with his pace.

If Bont plays sore next week it actually gives us a chance to get Treloar on ball. I really don’t think it’s his fault or the match committee. We couldn’t rotate anyone out of there. Libba getting tagged actually gave him a chance to manipulate the stoppage set ups and put someone less dangerous in there. Couldn’t take Macrae or Bont out either. Treloar struggling in other roles but we knew this when we got him. It will turn for him just needs to control his effort. Thought his tackling lifted.

Easton Wood has been huge the last two weeks. Experience really shining through, thought he was stiff early on two of the Cameron goals.

Good practice for Ports army of smalls tonight. Brisbane are really good at ground level goals and we held up well.

Macrae metres gained stats on top of everything else he did. What a player and his return to form has kicked us into gear as much as anyone. Much cleaner the last two weeks.
    I thought there was a fair bit of hacking going on with our taller players, and at times probably for the Lions as well. However, both Naughton and English had times where they were clearly held/ tackled in marking contests and weren't looked after.

Easton has been fantastic these finals, and deserves recognition for it. That play where he clearly fluffed the mark and still got back to make sure it wasn't a goal showed the exact type of fortitude you need from defenders under pressure and a great example the likes of Gardner (who probably let himself down with second efforts a couple of times) needs to see up close and learn from.

There's something wrong with Treloar's head at the moment, and I'm not entirely convinced it's positional or on the back of having come back from injury and being out of tune with the team. A bigger role might suit him, he's never had to be the sixth in line after establishing himself as an AFL player and possibly that's something he's getting used to mentally.

11. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It’s kinda ridiculous how unfun that is to live through, and how fun it is when it’s over, and how in hindsight, when you win, you think it was fun, and if you lost you’d be filthy for weeks.

Gotta love footy.
    Post of the year. Take a bow oh wise Ghandi.

13. Thanks MrMahatma thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Baz was amazing. I lost my mind at him for 4 atrocious decisions/kicks going forward, but you can't argue with 3 vital goals, some huge physical contests and a heap of other touches.
    Bingo... he was so frustrating...when he wasn't being awesome!
    I wish I could easily travel to Melbourne.. cause I'm Yarraville Nets ready to "discuss" Baz's long term prospects in the RWB jumper....with anyone who'd like to go.
    I feel that many who want to move Baz on are similar to those who circa 2014 wanted to end Matty Boyd.....
    I reckon sometimes we focus too much on the errors players make without acknowledging the point of different positives they bring that makes a game plan. Baz has shortcomings, we saw them tonight.....but he's a game winner too. As we also saw tonight......thank goodness.

15. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, merantau, westbulldog, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    The wife has said I should come to bed…. it’s very tempting to watch right now, because agree, the sleep will not come easily tonight.
    Has she ever built and aqueduct for you? If not, stay up.......

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Many are focusing on his mistakes rather than acknowledging what he brings us.
    He's a way to go from the finished product but we need stop the talk about shopping him around.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Daniels recruitment in the draft was pure genius. His ability to read the play is elite, probably better than Luke Hodge. Runs all day, is a fantastic kick on both sides. His centre of gravity is very low and its rare to see him lose his footing. His ability to find a player 40+ m out and nail the kick is just poetry in motion. Also in packs, how he weaves and ducks and gets the ball clear from stoppages is crucial for our backline to win possession of the ball.

I recall when Bevo asked if he was 10cm taller where would he go in the draft ? The response from the recruitment team was top 10... or something like that the vid I watched.
    I think our own MJP probably had him at pick one if he was 10cm taller, or I at least am projecting that onto MJP now after the fact. Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Rode our luck quite a bit there. Great outcome.
    Get amongst it, and I want to see a 90 second grab on film this week broseph.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Treloar is feeling it more than most being away from his family - he is a sensitive guy. I agree if we can give him more mid time he might turn it around. Good signs last week in second half & thought he was better in last quarter tonight. Otherwise dreadfully quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    In regards to Smith he definitely has some holes in his game but you expect that at his age. On a positive not he absolutely blew Brisbane away with his ability to run late in the game. I tend to think some of his flaws will disappear in a more familiar role. Certainly we shouldn’t be looking at trading him 1- he is unique in our midfield with his attributes 2- he is the future of our midfield.

As frustrating as his field kicking has been he is a good finished around goals.
    He blew them up in the first quarter and beyond. Territory in a final is a massive, and without Smith we weren't getting any of that early.

I mean JJ won a Norm Smith on the back of territory gain, and didn't kick three in the process.