Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I honestly felt when Bailey Williams dropped that mark(I think Bailey Dale made it difficult for him) and Zac levelled the game that we were in for a heartbreaking loss. Its critical more than ever against Brisbane for the defenders to take marks and I just felt it was going to be our Achilles heel.

At quarter time we were getting beaten by what we know which was annoying but I think Bevo's adjustment to get English to ruck centre bounce and for Tim to be competitive was a huge reason why we won the game.

Tim has taken a step forward in the last two week for mine, I still think he is a forward/ruck and I cant wait to get the right structure around him because that forward line of ours is going to take us on one hell of a ride in the years to come.
    Yeah, that still should have been captured by B. Williams but it wasn't and it was a super goal by ZB. An amazing game for neutrals, anxiety ridden for us loyal subjects.

Agree with you on Tim as well mate, massive these finals and really made us competitive tonight.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I wish I understood what this meant.

He's won 17 times when we've been down at 3/4 time?

How would that stack up against most other coaches?
    Seriously, what kind of jerk questions an unsubstantiated and inconsequential fact like that at the point of glory?

You are unwell my friend, shame on you. Get better, and absolve yourself of these frivolous queries.*

*I'm working on the premise it's probably good if they keep mentioning it. I get most of my content from the MSM and rarely get called out for it, so thanks for ruining my night.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH I think that was a clear decision we'd all accept if in our favour
    You think that was clear and conclusive?

5. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Correct. No way we win without him. Was a huge game. Burns some balls at times, yes.

What was with the celebration? I saw on the replay a few Lions fans giving the one finger salute to him. Was it directed at them? Or just jovial celebration towards the few Dogs fans in that area.
    I found out last night the celebration means Ice In my veins. NBA player D’Angello Russell started it.

Edit JD already answered this one
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    You think that was clear and conclusive?
    There is no way that should have been over turned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Was I watching in another universe? In his interview he said he thought he was fine.

In the rooms they looked normal. I dunno, we’ll obviously have to wait and see but I thought his interview was a good sign.
    Not sure what universe you watch from, we’d won by 1 point and he couldn’t even raise a smile. Do you really expect Bontempelli to say, nah knee is no good, I’m done for the season or play a straight bat to the question?

Post Thanks / Like

TBH I think that was a clear decision we'd all accept if in our favour
    The issue for me is that the ARC is there to overturn obvious mistakes - like Libbas disallowed goal in the 97 prelim - not to make line ball calls which is exactly what it has become. Therefore - what is the point of having goal umpires?

I’ve watched the replay of that moment this morning and I cannot see the ball clearly deviate or the finger move.

It’s inconclusive.

Having said that I have only just come around to the fact that JJ’s disallowed goal in the 16’ GF might have potentially been touched - maybe - so what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

It's 7.00am Sunday morning. So good to wake up with a smile that has put my head in danger of splitting in two.
    I am looking forward to viewing the replay so I can actually enjoy the game now I'm relieved of that knot of hawser rope that found it's way into my gut last night. That was a "Win For the Ages" - on par with our heroics v GWS.

A couple of points. I believe it was Doc and Bailey Williams who combined to open the door to open the door that said, "Welcome to the House of Horrors". A vision flashed: they'll win the clearance, a pile on at CHF will ensue. Then a hack kick will land in the hands of Joe in the pocket. The call is "Touched! PLAY ON!" Under immense pressure he kicks the ball a mile high and, with one second on the clock, it sails over the behind post for a "I believe the ball went OOB but ... ". SCORE REVIEW. And then after a minute's deliberation, by the bloke with the 'bottom of the Coke bottle glasses' the hammer falls: "BEHIND!"

BUT NO! The script was different. As soon as I saw the Big O looking malevolently at Tim and the ball was in the air I screamed "FREE KICK". And the umpire heard me! Justice! All past injustices were erased in the the last glorious minute. Baz's supreme effort to get the ball out to Vanders, his supreme effort to score (100% in the back, let go btw)

Rich going down the guts had me worried. How the hell did he get to CHB to release the kick? Doc on Cameron was match saving and book ended his fine game. The kick from Caleb that landed in the hands of Roarke, the OOB by Zorko - it all fell into place. It's good to know that our TV has a shatter proof screen because the noise in our household was off the metre.
    We march on. Why not us? Go Dogs!
    Last edited by merantau; 05-09-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Was Bailey's game one of the all time great finals by a Bulldog?
    Certainly the best for a 3rd year player. 3 goals from midfield woweeeeeee...!
    The marketing department don't even have to try.

12. Likes chef, jeemak, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Was Bailey's game one of the all time great finals by a Bulldog?
    Certainly the best for a 3rd year player. 3 goals from midfield woweeeeeee...!
    The marketing department don't even have to try.
    It was pretty good wasn’t it.

Had the hallmarks of a bunch of strong finals performances by some Scraggers. His quick play on and miskick that almost killed us on the rebound reminded me of Gia and Gilbee in those Eade Prelims.

Thankfully, his talent overcame any doubts, he worked so hard and weight of belief and effort carried us. The goal celebration was one for the ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae's game was in the top handful of Dogs finals performances ever. Went beast mode in the last quarter.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes Mofra, kruder, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Jack Macrae's game was in the top handful of Dogs finals performances ever. Went beast mode in the last quarter.
    Agreed, he is indeed the Nator.

Post Thanks / Like

Replay on… gee this is going to be fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. He was immense from the get go. That mark and goal in the opening to the last was so important. Standout big game player.
    Lachie Hunter also played a fantastic game. His tackling, spoiling and ball use were all top shelf.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

His goal in the last quarter was such a statement - it isn't his strong suit but he was clutch in the moment and owned it.