Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think the return to form of Dunkley is also super important as a flow on from Liberatore's possible tag. I doubt the Lions let him off the chain so if Dunks can step up at the source it might go along way to mitigating any run with on Tom.
    We really need to work out how we can get Dunks into the centre square a bit more... we're using our big 3 (Bont, Macrae, Libba) in there about 70% of the time, but all provide a real offensive threat, but when we aren't winning the ball we can get exposed. Thinking Dunks gives us more of a defensive outlook in there and if we can stop the clean ball going out it gives us a much better chance of winning.

Post Thanks / Like

If/how able to play Andrews and Gardiner are for them could be massive. Their tall stocks missing Hipwood and McStay and having Andrews and Gardiner very limited, huge.

Post Thanks / Like

Andrews struggles to keep up with Naughton at the best of times, good luck to him if he's on 1 leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Andrews struggles to keep up with Naughton at the best of times, good luck to him if he's on 1 leg.
    Maybe they go:

Andrews - English
    Gardiner - Naughton
    Adams - Schache

Post Thanks / Like

I fully expect someone to workplace bully Marcus Adams about having no mates on Saturday.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Maybe they go:

Andrews - English
    Gardiner - Naughton
    Adams - Schache
    I think Payne plays back and Adams goes forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    No one makes comedies anymore.

PC issues with most comedy and sure to upset one interest group or another...
    Where is the Monty Python crew, when the world needs them most? I am sure they could come up with something that would totally offend everybody, but offend them all equally.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    No one makes comedies anymore.

PC issues with most comedy and sure to upset one interest group or another...
    I call BS on that

But anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Tim Robinson is making the funniest shit I think I’ve ever seen in 2021.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah Tim Robinson is making the funniest shit I think I’ve ever seen in 2021.
    x2. Funniest thing I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

- Don't be afraid of width, give that to them when they've chosen to move it out of defence that way, but at the same time respect that if you give too much of it away they'll move it forward. When rolling back also consider doing it diagonally to block the middle

- Pressing too high and hard exposes us and will give a fast running midfield opportunity to score by getting out the back

- Having nobody home when we get the break just results in a turnover and leaves us exposed. Usually when we create a turnover it's through numbers around the ball but it also means we're exposed across half forward. How do we find a balance between numbers around the ball vs. numbers ready to contest forward of it?
    Usually when we have nobody forward of the ball like that it is because everyone has pushed up to defend. When we lose the ball forwards will run up the ground to cut off lateral and 45 kicks. It allows mids to track their opponents or fill space elsewhere keeping the ground skinny. If we get a turnover that’s when sometimes you will find we have no option. The other time it happens is late in quarters when we have pushed back in numbers.

In regard to pressing too high it has barely happened this year. Hard to tell on tv but I wouldn’t even call what we are playing a true press. Hard to remember us getting caught out the back very often at all apart from dreadful turnovers. Brisbane certainly got out the back on West Coast a few times after periods of territory. I will be very annoyed if we fall into this.
    Last edited by Bulldog Joe; 03-09-2021 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, we've hardly had it happen to us which is great. But, given the width of the ground and Brisbane's love of blitzing forward if it's ever going to happen it could be this week, so we just need to be mindful.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Where is the Monty Python crew, when the world needs them most? I am sure they could come up with something that would totally offend everybody, but offend them all equally.
    Anthony Jeselnek had a series that was deliberately offensive to everybody (and absolutely hilarious).
    You can you-tube his monologues.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Anthony Jeselnek had a series that was deliberately offensive to everybody (and absolutely hilarious).
    You can you-tube his monologues.
    Shark Party!!

His ‘Thoughts & Prayers’ stand up special on Netflix is one of the funniest hours ever written and delivered. Assuming you love awful black humour and everyone getting probably offended.

His next special was good too. One of his leading jokes about his sister was brilliantly wrong.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never not recommend Review with Forrest MacNeil as well. If you can't find it I will go out of my way to somehow enable you to watch it.