Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'll never not recommend Review with Forrest MacNeil as well. If you can't find it I will go out of my way to somehow enable you to watch it.
    I loved the original, Review with Myles Barlow. Really like the actor who plays Forrest MacNeil. Big Eastbound and Down fan.

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's game day!

Not overly confident but think we'll give a good account of ourselves.

Nullifying clean ball into our D50 while also taking our chances forward will be the key.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Can’t allow the likes of McCarthy, Bailey, Zorko and Berry to kick multiple goals. Our mids/half backs will really have to have their defensive eyes on tonight.
    A definite tag on Rich…and gotta hope that one of their “lesser” tall fwds don’t pull a “Majak daw” out of the blue.

It will be close. I just think home ground will be enough for them.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Queensland press conference at 10am. Let’s see what if anything happens today.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Queensland press conference at 10am. Let’s see what if anything happens today.
    Lots of ‘concern’ about Delta spreading, but not doing anything about it.

Full GABBA crowd at this stage.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of ‘concern’ about Delta spreading, but not doing anything about it.I t

Full GABBA crowd at this stage.
    I think a bit of shift in Australian/Premier politics to not go with auto lockdown. There's been a case and another linked one. I think a fortnight ago this results in auto lockdown but seems one is inevitable when bordering with NSW, so Qld will make hay while the sun shines. One more case today and I think no crowds. We will probably find out tomorrow though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think a bit of shift in Australian/Premier politics to not go with auto lockdown. There's been a case and another linked one. I think a fortnight ago this results in auto lockdown but seems one is inevitable when bordering with NSW, so Qld will make hay while the sun shines. One more case today and I think no crowds. We will probably find out tomorrow though.
    McGowan locked out crowds before the WCE I think 2 hours before. They’re doubling down, just said no change to stadium capacity etc.

Post Thanks / Like

McGowan locked out crowds before the WCE I think 2 hours before. They’re doubling down, just said no change to stadium capacity etc.
    Qld cancelled games entirely with similar notice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not underestimating Brisbane but I'm very confident we can win this one. We need to consider tagging Rich today and I wonder if that should be Roarke Smith
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure they work out from contact tracing where the person has been and what the potential is to spread the virus. Hopefully all is well for tonight.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Pretty sure they work out from contact tracing where the person has been and what the potential is to spread the virus. Hopefully all is well for tonight.
    Nope. Only one person used the QR checking systems across many exposure sites. They’re trying to hunt them down. But they don’t know. CHO said if they find them and there’s positives then lockdown is on the cards. Probably get a better picture in 24-48 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Only one person used the QR checking systems across many exposure sites. They’re trying to hunt them down. But they don’t know. CHO said if they find them and there’s positives then lockdown is on the cards. Probably get a better picture in 24-48 hours.
    Yep. I think they are one case away from a snap lockdown. If I was a betting man, which I am, I’d say they will be in lockdown once they get the close contact results (which are prioritised).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not underestimating Brisbane but I'm very confident we can win this one. We need to consider tagging Rich today and I wonder if that should be Roarke Smith
    Interesting call of Roarke on Rich. I’d have thought he’d perhaps go to McCLuggage but Rich or even Bailey could be other options who can hurt with limited number of touches and also have the speed to hurt us.

16. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Roarke will go to McCluggage as a defensive wing. Hannan may get a job stopping Rich.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think Roarke will go to McCluggage as a defensive wing. Hannan may get a job stopping Rich.
    Same.