Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  425
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs - 2021 1st Semi Final

Fox Footy reporting;

But on specific conditions, the Queensland government have agreed for players and staff to mingle outside their rooms.
    How generous...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Fox Footy reporting;

How generous...
    No different than other states.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Fox Footy reporting;

How generous...
    *!*!*!*!ed over. A request to play earlier wasn’t outrageous. Everyone getting what they want while we secured some hallway mingling on top of being ignored. That’s the AFEL.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why do people just jump to conclusions without hearing the full story?

According to Tom Browne players will no longer have to be confined to their rooms.
    How do you derive pleasure, if not from fearing the worst?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How do you derive pleasure, if not from fearing the worst?
    I have learnt over the years to hear two sides to every story. That way I don't stress myself out.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have learnt over the years to hear two sides to every story. That way I don't stress myself out.
    Or enjoy yourself!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do people just jump to conclusions without hearing the full story?

According to Tom Browne players will no longer have to be confined to their rooms.
    Nobody has the full story on here I assume or ever will. But you can draw a reasonable conclusion.

For me it was Bevo clearly stating he wanted to play in the day because they were very restricted.

So my gut feel is we didn't get what we wanted but that's the negotiation I guess he started with the ideal and hopefully we had some wins re movement but I doubt they'd be much it just wouldn't fly with the community.

It's not a great or fair scenario but we make the best of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    *!*!*!*!ed over. A request to play earlier wasn’t outrageous. Everyone getting what they want while we secured some hallway mingling on top of being ignored. That’s the AFEL.
    I think the wording and the reality can be 2 different things. We arrive Friday night and would we expect out players to be going out into the city for dinner? Jumping on a City Cat for a ride on the river and some sight seeing?

I'm not sure what the usual match-day plan is, but if they're allowed to eat together and maybe get outside to stretch the legs somewhere (maybe they're at a resort? Maybe they're allowed to go to a local footy club's ground?)...

I think until we hear EXACTLY what this means practically, we have to expect that it's OK and no worse than it otherwise would've been. It's 27 degrees here in Brisbane today, and it's going to be a warm week, with 24 expected on Saturday. And as I mentioned in a previous post, twightlight games at the Gabba suck cause of shadows/sun in the eyes for the first 45 mins of footy. So... this may not be such a bad result that everyone thinks it is.

Plus... it's my daughter's 4th birthday that day and I can quite comfortably sneak out at 6:30 to get to the game and not feel guilty about missing half of her big day

10. Likes jeemak, bornadog, Grantysghost, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should we tag Neale?
    I don't think so but Roarke to Rich might make sense
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes 3!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I think the wording and the reality can be 2 different things. We arrive Friday night and would we expect out players to be going out into the city for dinner? Jumping on a City Cat for a ride on the river and some sight seeing?

I'm not sure what the usual match-day plan is, but if they're allowed to eat together and maybe get outside to stretch the legs somewhere (maybe they're at a resort? Maybe they're allowed to go to a local footy club's ground?)...

I think until we hear EXACTLY what this means practically, we have to expect that it's OK and no worse than it otherwise would've been. It's 27 degrees here in Brisbane today, and it's going to be a warm week, with 24 expected on Saturday. And as I mentioned in a previous post, twightlight games at the Gabba suck cause of shadows/sun in the eyes for the first 45 mins of footy. So... this may not be such a bad result that everyone thinks it is.

Plus... it's my daughter's 4th birthday that day and I can quite comfortably sneak out at 6:30 to get to the game and not feel guilty about missing half of her big day
    Lead with the most persuasive point!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Love this bit

Post Thanks / Like

Got my tix...plus one for my 8 yr old son's Lion's supporting friend...
    Last time he came with us to a Dog's v Lions game, he was rubbing the Lions win in hard... I restrained myself at the time, but its a semi-final this time. If we lose and he carries on, he might be having to find his own way home from the GABBA...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Got my tix...plus one for my 8 yr old son's Lion's supporting friend...
    Last time he came with us to a Dog's v Lions game, he was rubbing the Lions win in hard... I restrained myself at the time, but its a semi-final this time. If we lose and he carries on, he might be having to find his own way home from the GABBA...
    Haha gold. I think 8s old enough to learn life's valuable lessons.

17. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But is 2 sides to a story enough?

Everything seems so multi-faceted.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured