Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 2008 Player Focus: Dale Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In another thread I stated I wouldn't be unhappy if Morris followed McLeod (I'm sticking with Mc) everywhere. Well worth some thought.

With no midfield tag role required, just a fair bit of respect could we use Boyd as a tagger on McLeod?
    I think if we try that, Boyd will go to the ball and Macleod will go to space...and if Boyd doesn't get it, Macleod will run down the ground unattended bouncing the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think if we try that, Boyd will go to the ball and Macleod will go to space...and if Boyd doesn't get it, Macleod will run down the ground unattended bouncing the ball.
    Craig mentioned a few weeks ago that he would play Mcleod and Goodwin in the forward line, whether he does we will wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Geez the only name that's popping up is Harbrow
    Boyd.....Cross and West rotating in the middle. Boyd playing the lockdown forward role for mine is they way I'd go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Boyd.....Cross and West rotating in the middle. Boyd playing the lockdown forward role for mine is they way I'd go.
    Yep Boyd would work because he can kick goals slipped my mind. West and Cross wouldn't see him though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yep Boyd would work because he can kick goals slipped my mind. West and Cross wouldn't see him though
    They would see him run off with ball, that's about it. Neither has the turn of foot to go with him.

If McLeod goes forward I would like to see Morris take him which would allow Boyd to pick up Thompson. If McLeod plays in defence Boyd picks him up and Cross is responsible for Thompson.

I don't think we can allow Cross and Boyd to play 'offensive' roles this year. Sure they can work off there men, which they do well to create an option, but we need them to play defensive roles as we already have enough attacking midfielders.
    Last edited by Mantis; 20-03-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don't think we can allow Cross and Boyd to play 'offensive' roles this year. Sure they can work off there men, which they do well to create an option, but we them to play defensive roles as we already have enough attacking midfielders.
    Agreed. Our defensive efforts look so much better when those two are throwing their bodies around with reckless abandon to lay tackles.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd spent a fair bit of the game back against Carlton in the practice match and GVGjr noted that he looks pretty accomplished as a rebounding defender. Many of us have commented that the 3 of them on the ball at the one time is not the right mix. So that is a reasonable option, but Griffen and Gilbee are prime playmakers out of defence. Griffen for me has to start at half back, and should be in no hurry to get into the midfield.

I think the Morris on Burton matchup makes a bit of sense unless Hargrave has had him previously - who normally gets Burton?

Given Lake and Wight are in some doubt then I would have thought McDougall might still be a shot. Tiller has come from nowhere in the past year - constantly injured and wallowing away in the W'Bee ressies. If he continues improving in the next calender year the way he has over the past year then he will be a player. He still has plenty of room for improvement but hes definitely worked hard.

I wont believe the McLeod and Goodwin up forward until I see it. Its stating the obvious but by god McLeod has killed us over the years - he is a footballer fitting of a nickname like rolls royce.

Is Hahn an option as a defensive forward and try and slow Mcleod if he lines up at half back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

Is Hahn an option as a defensive forward and try and slow Mcleod if he lines up at half back
    He wouldn't have the turn of foot or endurance to go with McLeod.

Post Thanks / Like

I wont believe the McLeod and Goodwin up forward until I see it. Its stating the obvious but by god McLeod has killed us over the years - he is a footballer fitting of a nickname like rolls royce.
    Craig said in the Age today that Goodwin, Edwards and Macleod will be back in the midfield this week.

Only if he is allowed to carry a shotgun.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw footage of him chasing Judd very hard and loosing ground. This is Judd not at full pace and supposedly slower than his top speed with the groin injury.

So McLeod is not do-able

Post Thanks / Like

Will be very interesting to see how the crows set up and whether we are better able to counter it, than we were in round 2 last year