Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Three things you've learned finals week two 2021 v Brisbane

OK so tell us three more things that you learned today.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned finals week two 2021 v Brisbane

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are 1-4 shot of being Premier

2. Some guys made errors, or where quiet, but took enough chances to win a semi final

3. We can beat Port with Cody playing. Hopefully we were just ‘cautious’ as he looks fine. Not triggering the mandatory week off
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. Was ready to post that Bailey Smith had zero composure when the heat was on. Apparently I'm a *!*!*!*!ing idiot.

2. If we win a flag it will be on the back of Alex Keath.

3. The score review system should be suspended until the AFL invests in cameras that can actually capture clear footage.

5. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. This team has self belief. There is massive upside still in some players.

Do we have a unique 3 part-time ruck combination of Schache, Young and English ? Invest more time into Young and hope he puts on 4-5KG without losing his mobility over pre-season. His got to have self belief that he belongs at this level. Really proud of these 3 players tonight. They can show aggression and start to dominate games

We can win even when umpire bias is against us.

We absorbed the pressure, and kicked some important goals. Even Naughton and Hannan goal were very good shots.
    They never stopped running and trying hard , especially in the last quarter when fatigue was setting in.

2. We can win without Bont dominating games. I was worried about his knee in the last quarter when he went down.

3. Woofers are starting to warm to B.Smith. Give the kid a break, he tries his guts out. I have always been a fan. Really for all our players only wish them the best as its such a tough sport.

7. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes westbulldog, Ghost Dog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't help but be proud of Young and English tonight. Big O was immense but they just kept battling.

9. Likes Mutz, Bulldog Revolution, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Can't help but be proud of Young and English tonight. Big O was immense but they just kept battling.

Big O is Milton Dammers.
    "It's over. It's all over."

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Great desperation from individuals in so many key moments. The team has regained faith in each other.

2. Clever defensive coaching moving Dunks into a blanketing role; he coated Parish last week (2nd half) and did a great job on Neale today.

3. Our non-key forwards can be infuriating. Why do Hannan and others go up for marks with Naughton or English and leave no-one to crumb? It happened so many times tonight.

Extra. I don't mean to be so negative because I'm deliriously happy. That said, we should have won by 2-3 goals.

13. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Sheer will can get you a win. The lions connected better.

2. Bevo is very cool when the shit is hitting the fan.

3. A close game of footy means you're not thinking of s*** like daily numbers, masks, social distancing etc. Even if it's only for a couple of hours.

Post Thanks / Like

1. This team is determined to go all the way. The effort is incredible

2. We can win anywhere, anytime

3. QLD crowds are strange
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1. This team is determined to go all the way. The effort is incredible

2. We can win anywhere, anytime

3. QLD crowds are strange

QLD crowds, still several decades on do not understand AFL rules

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Baz is so worthy of the number 6. He has a go about him like Brad when played forward.
    2. Doc has some serious speed.
    3. I did not know if they ball comes off the side of the boot, it can be called deliberate.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    1. Great desperation from individuals in so many key moments. The team has regained faith in each other.

2. Clever defensive coaching moving Dunks into a blanketing role; he coated Parish last week (2nd half) and did a great job on Neale today.

3. Our non-key forwards can be infuriating. Why do Hannan and others go up for marks with Naughton or English and leave no-one to crumb? It happened so many times tonight.

Extra. I don't mean to be so negative because I'm deliriously happy. That said, we should have won by 2-3 goals.
    Good points especially 3.
    Lions missed some very gettable shots too.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bazlenka is just a conundrum to embrace. Makes some bizarre decisions and will have some moments that are enormously frustrating - but is so talented and is so tough and powerful and willing that he will help us win a lot of games.

2. We can't win a premiership with Young in the ruck. Respect it more - because opposition will just treat us with contempt in there. English is the ruckman if there is a refusal to play Sweet or Martin.

3 The backline is flying. They couldn't do much more. I'm not sure if ppl were bagging Wood in the game day thread, assume they were - but none of the goals you could much about - we were the better side in most areas of the game with the exception of centre clearance first half. Really good performance.

21. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    1. Bazlenka is just a conundrum to embrace. Makes some bizarre decisions and will have some moments that are enormously frustrating - but is so talented and is so tough and powerful and willing that he will help us win a lot of games.

2. We can't win a premiership with Young in the ruck. Respect it more - because opposition will just treat us with contempt in there. English is the ruckman if there is a refusal to play Sweet or Martin.

3 The backline is flying. They couldn't do much more. I'm not sure if ppl were bagging Wood in the game day thread, assume they were - but none of the goals you could much about - we were the better side in most areas of the game with the exception of centre clearance first half. Really good performance.
    Good post.

Cameron's goals were very good, especially the running one - nothing Wood could do. Having said that, Duryea was phenomenal on Cameron in the second half. Wood was very good in general too.

Agree on Young - his stats don't make for good reading, not sure how much ground he is covering as that appears to be very important to the MC. I really think I'd prefer to see us play Martin or Sweet though, Young just isn't a ruck and it's not like he does a lot around the ground.
    W00F!