Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  91
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Semi Final, 2021 vs Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    When Pat Lipinski let his manager leak it that he would be requesting a trade around tomorrow or Monday.

That’s the moment Pat just ensured 110% he wouldn’t be playing in a Prelim a week later.
    Just make sure he gets nowhere near the game plan and repossess his phone

Post Thanks / Like

Baz's whole last quarter. It was just 'follow me lads' I've got this. Hopefully this trade talk stops now. 3rd year player too, he's going to be a gem.

Special mention to Jackson, he was Bont like too.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes azabob, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me was when Bailey Smith and Josh Schache combined for a goal in the last quarter to put us in front. Last night when it happened I was puzzled how Schache kicked the goal. Harris Andrews just let Schache run back towards goal into open space and in the end dared him to kick the goal. That’s when I thought, hang on, we are a real chance to win this.

I’m watching the replay now and I’m still puzzled and bemused by it all. Oh, we are more than a chance to win, I reckon we will win…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The moment for me was when Bailey Smith and Josh Schache combined for a goal in the last quarter to put us in front. Last night when it happened I was puzzled how Schache kicked the goal. Harris Andrews just let Schache run back towards goal into open space and in the end dared him to kick the goal. That’s when I thought, hang on, we are a real chance to win this.

I’m watching the replay now and I’m still puzzled and bemused by it all. Oh, we are more than a chance to win, I reckon we will win…
    Marcus Adams also hesitated in the goal square rather than coming at Schache. It was shoddy defending all round, but yeah umpires were the reason they lost.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

The more I look at it, the more I think they just weren't counting on him regathering the ball and pulling up in time to get around into his left.

Schache did brilliantly but it was insipid defending.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the replay, the lead up to Macraes mark and goal started with Schache doing something not his usual strong suit. Which was attacked the contest and slid in open to getting smashed, got the contested handball out which ended with Macrae. I think his time in defence is really helping his confidence. I’m not saying he’s the finished product, but he’s doing some physical things and attacking the contest at an improved rate. That leads to a goal, the shepherd let’s in a goal and kicked one himself. Just a shame he dropped the pud. But the positives are outweighing the negatives. He’s a confidence player like Hannan and they have reason to be confidant going into the week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That last kick from Caleb back into the D50. Oh boy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc v Charlie for mine. He absolutely nailed that contest. Somehow, and I don't know how, the ball got over the line. I have a feeling that Charlie slapped at it and it landed on Doc's foot as they were sprinting side by side. Whatever, it was crucial to the outcome.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The Caleb dump kick around the corner that landed in Roarke’s arms. That was the moment.
    I actually think he meant that kick.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

As I called at the time late in 3rd q there was a momentum shift. I felt we would lift and win despite them dominating the quarter. I felt we had belief and were better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    You never know with Caleb. If it was a deliberate kick, he has stones the size of grape fruits.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I kind of do too. Not because the kick made me believe it was on purpose, but because I can't see Caleb shanking a kick to that position.

He has stuffed up kicks before but I don't think he has ever kicked one where he was categorically not aiming (even his deliberate one was kind of what he was going for).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

How many times have you watched Baz's goal? Sharp work by Hannan too BTW.

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Hannan, really attacked the ball with some speed then handballed to Smith
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    At least 10 times here.

20. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog, ratsmac liked this post