Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

Peter Wright kicked 7 against our Keath-less defence. That’s always in the back of my mind.
    Dixon will rag doll Gardner/Cordy like they’re playing in their first year.

If ports MC have any sense they will try to isolate Dixon with his opponent.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Peter Wright kicked 7 against our Keath-less defence. That’s always in the back of my mind.
    Dixon will rag doll Gardner/Cordy like they’re playing in their first year.

If ports MC have any sense they will try to isolate Dixon with his opponent.
    Peter Wright kicked 3 of those from 60 out, Dixon won't do that. And the others were spoon fed to him after our mids sh*t the bed.

It's going to be tough, no question. But if our mids show up and Stef holds his own, we can turn it into a grind.

Fletcher Roberts and Joel Hamling were key pillars in our 2016 defence that overcame Jeremy Cameron, Lobb, Patton, Toby Greene etc. We can do it again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Raw Toast, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Cordy won’t be on Dixson. Gardner will. In fact, maybe they both will at the same time.

Dixson is capable of good stuff. He’s also capable of rubbish.

We win.
    Dixson has not been playing in the goal square of late. He seems to play up the ground a bit. Gardner should go with him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How do we think the defence will match up?

I think it'll be something like:

Gardner - Dixon
    Cordy - Marshall
    Williams - Ladhams
    Duryea - Fantasia
    Wood - Gray
    Dale - Rozee

I'm assuming I'm missing someone from Port, they have plenty of mid/forward types that role through.

Going to be tough!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Gardner - Dixon
    Cordy - Marshall
    Williams - Ladhams
    Duryea - Fantasia
    Wood - Gray
    Dale - Rozee

I'm assuming I'm missing someone from Port, they have plenty of mid/forward types that role through.

Going to be tough!
    Who's quicker now, Fantasia or Gray?

I'd be inclined to put Doc on the quicker of the two, otherwise I think we're a bit exposed with Dale on Rozee but agree he can't take Ladhams so I guess we've got to hurt the former on the counter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner - Dixon
    Cordy - Marshall
    Williams - Ladhams
    Duryea - Fantasia
    Wood - Gray
    Dale - Rozee

Going to be tough!
    Ladhams is 202cm.. Who played on him last time?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Wright kicked 3 of those from 60 out, Dixon won't do that. And the others were spoon fed to him after our mids sh*t the bed.

It's going to be tough, no question. But if our mids show up and Stef holds his own, we can turn it into a grind.

Fletcher Roberts and Joel Hamling were key pillars in our 2016 defence that overcame Jeremy Cameron, Lobb, Patton, Toby Greene etc. We can do it again.
    We will need Williams & Wood to be working their tail off to be the +1 too. A not outrageous need down back.

The entire game is midfield dominance the more I look. If we can get it, keep it for long enough and minimise the damage when they have it, then cautious optimism is the order of the day. If we can just get Dunks & Adz close to their best, then our mids bat too deep and can defend and attack in different ways. We just now need good games from the full 22/23. A really good team performance driven by the mids is enough to be playing two weeks later.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Adelaide, we shall fight in the center of the field and around the ground, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our right to play in finals, whatever the cost may be.

"We shall fight on the goal square, we shall fight on the center ground, we shall fight on the boundary and in the contested possessions, we shall fight on the wings; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this team or a large part of it were tired and hurting, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the Western Bulldogs, with all its power and might, steps forth to the grand final and win the cup."

Last edited by Hotdog60; 09-09-2021 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

In a prelim, when the whips are cracking, you know those around BDSM will stand up.

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ladhams is 202cm.. Who played on him last time?
    Not sure. They had 4 talls in the forward line that night. We had just 2 KPDs. At a pinch we can swing Schache back and forth if he’s an issue. I think the lack of clean entries was the best defence that night. Pivotal on Saturday night.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Adelaide, we shall fight in the center of the field and around the ground, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our right to play in finals, whatever the cost may be.

"We shall fight on the goal square, we shall fight on the center ground, we shall fight on the boundary and in the contested processions, we shall fight on the wings; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this team or a large part of it were tired and hurting, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the Western Bulldogs, with all its power and might, steps forth to the grand final and win the cup."

History will be kind to us because we intend to write it!

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant Hotdog. Loved it. Send this to the club. Bevo should make the boys watch the recent Gary Oldman portrayal of Churchill which was very good indeed - took about stirring up the boys!!

16. Thanks Hotdog60 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I, Vred, stand here today, humbled by the task before us, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our Western Bulldogs ancestors.

We are in the midst of a crisis. The Dogs are at war against a far-reaching storm of disturbance and deluded fans thinking we pay umpires. Our ruck-stocks are badly weakened: a consequence of bad luck and irresponsibility on the part of list management, but also on the collective failure to make hard choices and to prepare for a new, MAD game.

Today, I say to you, that the challenges are real, and they are many. They will not be easily met, or in a short span of time, but know this, Dogs fans: they will be met. In reaffirming the greatness of our club, we understand that greatness is never given, our journey has never been one of shortcuts. It has not been for the faint-heated, or who seek the easy way out. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the rookies, the creators of mad plays. For us, they toiled on the field, endured the grind of training. Time and again, these men struggled, and sacrificed, so that we might ... WIN.

We remain the most powerful underdogs in the AFL, our players no less inventive, and skills no less needed than they were last week, or the weekend before, or the week after. Starting Saturday, we must pull on our jumpers, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of winning.

Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions, who suggest our defensive system cannot tolerate too many outs. Their memories are short, for they have forgotten what the Dogs have already done, what free men can achieve when skill and heart is joined to common purpose.

And so, to all the people who are reading this speech, from the grandest cities, to the small villages where JJ was born, know that the Dogs are a friend to every man, who seeks the future of winning and success.

What is required of us now is a new era of barracking. This is the price, and the promise, of Western Bulldogs membership. The Dogs, in the face of common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words: YES, WE CAN.

Let it be said by our children's children, that when we were tested by opposition forward lines, when we were forced to quarantine, to travel, to not eat, that we did not turn back, nor did we falter, and we carried forth that great gift of victory to be delivered.

Thank you. God bless, and God bless The Western Bulldogs
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Brilliant Hotdog. Loved it. Send this to the club. Bevo should make the boys watch the recent Gary Oldman portrayal of Churchill which was very good indeed - took about stirring up the boys!!
    "Port Adelaide have sown the wind; now let them reap the whirlwind."
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I, Vred, stand here today, humbled by the task before us, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our Western Bulldogs ancestors.

We are in the midst of a crisis. The Dogs are at war against a far-reaching storm of disturbance and deluded fans thinking we pay umpires. Our ruck-stocks are badly weakened: a consequence of bad luck and irresponsibility on the part of list management, but also on the collective failure to make hard choices and to prepare for a new, MAD game.

Today, I say to you, that the challenges are real, and they are many. They will not be easily met, or in a short span of time, but know this, Dogs fans: they will be met. In reaffirming the greatness of our club, we understand that greatness is never given, our journey has never been one of shortcuts. It has not been for the faint-heated, or who seek the easy way out. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the rookies, the creators of mad plays. For us, they toiled on the field, endured the grind of training. Time and again, these men struggled, and sacrificed, so that we might ... WIN.

We remain the most powerful underdogs in the AFL, our players no less inventive, and skills no less needed than they were last week, or the weekend before, or the week after. Starting Saturday, we must pull on our jumpers, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of winning.

Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions, who suggest our defensive system cannot tolerate too many outs. Their memories are short, for they have forgotten what the Dogs have already done, what free men can achieve when skill and heart is joined to common purpose.

And so, to all the people who are reading this speech, from the grandest cities, to the small villages where JJ was born, know that the Dogs are a friend to every man, who seeks the future of winning and success.

What is required of us now is a new era of barracking. This is the price, and the promise, of Western Bulldogs membership. The Dogs, in the face of common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words: YES, WE CAN.

Let it be said by our children's children, that when we were tested by opposition forward lines, when we were forced to quarantine, to travel, to not eat, that we did not turn back, nor did we falter, and we carried forth that great gift of victory to be delivered.

Thank you. God bless, and God bless The Western Bulldogs
    Stirring stuff Vred. Gets the blood pumping. This one is going to be BIG! Can't wait for it to start. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."