Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

Could Port have been given any bigger legup than what they’re getting? Playing an injury ravaged side having to travel around the country in quarantine whilst they have a week off, no travel for 3 weeks and zero quarantine. It’s amazing really. If they can’t win, my god.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if its a slight tweak of the hammy for Keith and better to have him ready for a final than to ping it in a prelim.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

3. Likes josie, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok… I’m good now. Initial shock… but this game is going to be about midfield, which is now stronger with Martin in.

Our defence operate well together and as long as the mids and half forwards aren’t letting it get through the middle with ease, we’ll be ok. I’d say Keath out prob hurts us by 2-3 goals… but Martin in prob helps by the same amount.

Cody out hurts. But not much changes. We need a big match from the midfield, and we need one forward to kick a few… prob Naughton or English. They both got hands to ball a few times in the F50 last week and just didn’t grab the marks. If they clunk them this week we win.

Go dogs!!

5. Likes Raw Toast, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    It’s a huge bonus having Martin in (as long as he stays fit) to at least negate the centre bounces and give our mids a chance to win the centre clearances.

This is now set up for us. A real backs against the wall win. We lose two key players in the lead up to this game and we travel the world just to get to the game. Isn’t this just the type of scenario that suits us? No one gives us a chance, even less now, and we step up and take the game to the Port pretenders.
    Bevo will draw on this exact example
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey woofers-with JJ in starting line up as well as Martin & Cordy and with Cody & Keath out (Young omitted) who do you think would be our best emergency sub? Probably not Young and someone agile who can play multiple positions Scott? McNeill? Garcia?

Post Thanks / Like

NO Keathy. Where is Zeno Tzatzaris in our hour of need?

Post Thanks / Like

B: Easton Wood, Ryan Gardner, Bailey Williams

HB: Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Bailey Dale

C: Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter

HF: Laith Vandermeer, Aaron Naughton, Adam Treloar

F: Josh Schache, Tim English, Mitch Hannan

R: Stef Martin, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli

Int: Jason Johannisen, Tom Liberatore, Taylor Duryea, Roarke Smith

Emer: Anthony Scott, Lewis Young, Mitch Wallis, Ed Richards

Ins: Stefan Martin, Zaine Cordy, Jason Johanissen (medi-sub)

Outs: Lewis Young (omitted), Cody Weightman (concussion), Alex Keath (hamstring tightness)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is going to yell at the kids in the backline now?
    Pretty flat at Keath being out to be honest.

11. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hey woofers-with JJ in starting line up as well as Martin & Cordy and with Cody & Keath out (Young omitted) who do you think would be our best emergency sub? Probably not Young and someone agile who can play multiple positions Scott? McNeill? Garcia?
    I'm thinking Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Have to stop them getting inside 50.
    No Keath…Dixon will have a field day.

Gardner, Cordy, Wood…

Those port fwds will be laughing all the way to the GF
    I hope they are. Arrogance will kill them. When I say clean ball, I’m talking F50 entries. If their Marks are 45m out and the rest are hacks and non-precision kicks. Rely on Daniel, Dale, Williams & Doc to defend and rebound. If Stef makes it through the game, then the easy waltzing out of the centre bounce is less of the issue. If Schache needs to go down there then he does, or even English in front of Dixon like Scott Wynd. Maybe we look at Pagans Paddock with Naughton. Give him the whole 50 and tell him to win the game. We need to up the pressure and turn it into a dog fight. No free run, no flowing end to end or shoot outs. Remind the players that is we win it’s a GF.?” So if not for any other reason with players to come back, you better perform like a Premiership Medal was at risk.

Yes, shit got harder. Come game time we are a 1-3 Chance of the flag. I’m certain Bevo has a plan to accentuate our strengths, and hoe to mitigate the holes of Keath & Cody. A sense of arrogance from them, a good start to quiet the crowd, pressure and dog fight all night trying to give them no easy entries.

Plus Naughton, Schache, English, Hannan fed by Bonts, Macrae, Libba, Treloar, Smiths, Hunter, Dunkle, with VDM and JJ with speed and great small and medium defenders.

The right plan, executed the right way and we can win it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes josie, Raw Toast, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    NO Keathy. Where is Zeno Tzatzaris in our hour of need?
    I've heard he was a cabaret singer on a cruise ship in the before times, surely he has a quick back sack and crack and saddles up?

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I'm thinking Scott.
    Yeah-me too, more likely than Young, Wallis, Richards. We have cover with these other 3 emergencies if Martin, another backman, one of our speedy HBs, or forwards go down. So guessing Scott will be it unless another injury before Saturday night.

Injury to Keath apparently listed as hamstring tightness. So big if I know, if we make it to GF he is still a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

We can’t a trick. Wow. Not Keath. Anyone but Keath.

Post Thanks / Like

We are 6-1 with Martin this year. The one was the narrow loss to the only good half of footy Richmond played.

Martin Av. (6.5 games): 18 HO, 10 DI, 3 CL, 1.6 T

Will hopefully not try to break even in centre bounces, but win them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Out of the named emergencies, I really like Richards as the sub - his running is so important, especially his defensive running. So he's the kind of player who can come in and give us a shot of extra pace, energy and tenacity. His ability to influence the contest is also under-rated. And he's got better at lowering his eyes and hitting lead-up forwards (though it's a work in progress).

I still, however, am also (barely) holding onto the dream of Young being taken out of the emergencies (I'm not convinced he's fully fit), and Marra cames in late as the sub. (Or to even further indulge the fantasy, JUH actually, comes into the 22, with Schache moving down back, and Cordy becoming the sub or an emergency with Richards still getting the gig as the sub...)
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

21. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post