Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

I have had every knee injury known to man and I can’t figure out what he has done that would impact the back of the knee. Do we think it was the patella hitting the ground or the Brisbane player falling across the back of his lower leg? If he hadn’t grabbed for the back of his knee I would suggest syndesmosis the way his lower leg get twisted.

Few ppl suggesting some sort of PCL injury. If it’s ruptured he would be done, Adam Goodes played out a gf with one but you’re not going to manage it through a finals series. On a positive note Schache only missed a week with what seemed like a painful knee injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Young was ok against Lycett a few weeks back, but was dreadful last night. He was on a hiding to nothing against O, so they have to balance that. Probably safe

Worst game I’ve seen Treloar play, he didn’t look interested in chasing or tackling in the first half (he’d be embarrassed by some of the vision) but no way he’s dropped.

Can’t see us wriggling out of the sub issue with Cody, which will be a damn shame. Reckon Bevo might look at Ed to come in if we can’t pull a swifty.

Will assume the Bont plays, he gave detail in his post game interview with Hodge which is reassuring.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

3. Likes JohnGentStand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Young was ok against Lycett a few weeks back, but was dreadful last night. He was on a hiding to nothing against O, so they have to balance that. Probably safe
    I'm not sure we have a choice when it comes to Young.

It's either him or we go with English and a bunch of misfits providing back up, completely breaking down our structure ahead of the ball.

Expect Lycett to just take the ball out of the ruck and slam it forward all night either way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Was there any official new on Bont. Weightman will be out

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not too concerned re Young’s lack of game time last night. Given we preferenced Tim in the CB particularly for the second half of the game, it meant Lew often started on the bench. It was hard to get rotations with how the game was unfolding and we only started Young as one of the 6 forwards once that I saw (and Tv, so could be wayyy off).

Schache only had 70% game time too.

Definitely a game for the runners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Was there any official new on Bont. Weightman will be out
    Scan today or tomorrow in Perth.

Think Bont will play.

I think Bevo has basically ruled Cody out via his press conference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Scan today or tomorrow in Perth.

Think Bont will play.

I think Bevo has basically ruled Cody out via his press conference.
    It's going to be a nervous week

Post Thanks / Like

A friend who is close to one of the players has told me he has got the mail that they are confident Bont is all OK. Fingers crossed. But that message this morning made my day.

10. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite, macca, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think JJ deserves his place in the 22 against the power. He played an influential 2nd half and should have nailed his set shot. Do I wish he'd attack the contest at a 100kmh, yes but he doesn't but he did seem to play with an extra edge and zip when he got his opportunity.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes GVGjr, Happy Days, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I really think JJ deserves his place in the 22 against the power. He played an influential 2nd half and should have nailed his set shot. Do I wish he'd attack the contest at a 100kmh, yes but he doesn't but he did seem to play with an extra edge and zip when he got his opportunity.
    He needs to play in front of Vanders who is having minimal impact at present.

14. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm not sure we have a choice when it comes to Young.

It's either him or we go with English and a bunch of misfits providing back up, completely breaking down our structure ahead of the ball.

Expect Lycett to just take the ball out of the ruck and slam it forward all night either way.
    Hindsight and all that, but I hope Bevo asks himself if Sweet would’ve given us a bit more than Lewy last night….it was a Sweet vs Gawn type of performance.

Lewis’ effort in a unfamiliar role has been commendable, but Sweet is at least a ruckman by trade.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Roarke is locked in.

JJ is locked in IMO.

Confused why Gardner would get dropped for Cordy - he did nothing wrong in my eyes, admittedly with minimal tall opposition but I like his fist floating into contests.

Treloar is absolutely locked. He is a top 20 player in the league at his best, you don't drop that for a prelim.

I'm going with JJ for VDM. If Cody is out, it's Wallis for me. If Bont is out, then fmd I dunno what to do.
    Gardner ran 15 kilometres last night and never once went to the bench, that's an immense work rate for a key defender.

He stays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Gardner ran 15 kilometres last night and never once went to the bench, that's an immense work rate for a key defender.

He stays.
    Absolutely. Taller, quicker and better defender/spoiler than Cordy.

I think we should make as little changes as possible. Continuity in the 22 cannot be overstated.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes Testekill, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

He stays.
    Yeah a KPP that can stay out there all game or with minimal time on the bench is worth his weight in gold, it means that we can keep our structure easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Yeah a KPP that can stay out there all game or with minimal time on the bench is worth his weight in gold, it means that we can keep our structure easier.
    I think this is what Bevo likes about Gardner as he reliable enough and it saves a rotation on the bench for a midfielder.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

21. Likes Testekill liked this post