Likes Likes:  365
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

That is incredible that Gardner ran 15 km and stayed out there whole game

His endurance is elite, closing speed is quick and just looks strong

I am glad the umpire noticed the block he copped in the last quarter
    Well done Ryan , you are important to the team
    Imagine if he could add rebound kicking to his game ? Is he mates with Tom stewart ? Get some tips from him .

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    In Cordy
    Out Gardner

Other changes needed yes but this has to be done
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that is a worse call than the deliberate against Caleb, please enlighten us on why you suggested your change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think this is what Bevo likes about Gardner as he reliable enough and it saves a rotation on the bench for a midfielder.
    Our defenders often play longer minutes, Keath didn't come off either.

It certainly is an advantage to have some players who can stay on the ground longer.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    In Cordy
    Out Gardner

Other changes needed yes but this has to be done
    BR are you still drunk?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Could Cordy for Young be a consideration? He could play defensive forward on Alir and give English a hand in ruck contests forward 50. He also played forward in 2016.

8. Likes Dry Rot, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raels_d View Post
    Could Cordy for Young be a consideration? He could play defensive forward on Alir and give English a hand in ruck contests forward 50. He also played forward in 2016.
    I was thinking that. It's a hard one. I respect what Lewy is doing, lots of effort trying to pug gaps but thought he was a liability last night and sides can really find him out as a ruck. He struggles to have an impact forward.

Lewy's ability to take a grab has been non existent last two weeks. He was relatively good early v Port but Lycett dominated once he got a sighter.

What's the alternatives?

1/ Zaine as a def forward x 2nd ruck. As mentioned, not sure Lewy is offering us anything forward atm. Can Zaine actually do any better there? He'd be more physical in the ruck but not as athletic. I guess element of surprise might be worth something for like a quarter? Really clutching.

2/ just go back to one less tall. I think losing Cody makes this harder but maybe Wally comes in. Schache, if knee is right, to support in ruck, along with smalls.

3/ Sweet. Too late now I guess but I think Lycett is as suited to a good/gun work as it gets for Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne "The Bont will get a scan in Perth tonight. Bontempelli has indicated to sources today he think’s his knee is relatively ok. We should know tomorrow morning."

I'm happy to hear that is similar to the mail I got today. Hopefully the scan doesn't show anything of concern.

11. Thanks josie, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched replay-I thought Young was better on second viewing. He competed alright around ground, was unlucky not to clunk a few marks & was ok at ground level. He was no world beater but I think he tired McInerney which then helped English break even in parts of 2nd qtr & the second half in the centre.

If Young is dropped I think a tall forward - come on down JUH - needs to come in as English will be rucking more & Naughton needs aerial support. My guess is MC might stay with the hybrids for the preliminary.

13. Likes Testekill, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Just watched replay-I thought Young was better on second viewing. He competed alright around ground, was unlucky not to clunk a few marks & was ok at ground level. He was no world beater but I think he tired McInerney which then helped English break even in parts of 2nd qtr & the second half in the centre.

If Young is dropped I think a tall forward - come on down JUH - needs to come in as English will be rucking more & Naughton needs aerial support. My guess is MC might stay with the hybrids for the preliminary.
    Agreed. I always go to 2010 Premiership Player, Leigh Brown. 194cm & 104kg. Not a ruck. Not a KPD. Not a KPF. But Brown was a Hybrid Utility that could do all reasonably well enough. Young is 201cm & 100kg and a similar style of Hybrid. They can clearly be important. With Port having 3 talks and 2 rucks, the flexibility to ruck or drop back as needed is some flexibility and insurance. The Hybrids are doing ok. Stick with what’s working is my view.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes Testekill, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    At risk of being shot down if Bont is unable to play, is Lipinski a chance? I mean in the guts. I know Lipinski is leaving club but if you’ve watched VFL he is a bloody good inside midfielder and tends not to fumble. He is slow but then a fair few of our midfielders are. Same argument could be had for Wally who because he is VC would probably get the nod (was an emergency tonight so you’d think he’d get the nod) but romance aside I think Lippy is a better midfielder. Then again with Wally you know he will put his body on the line and I know Lippy has been criticised for being soft. Wally could play as a forward if Cody is out. I’d actually prefer Marra if Cody is out.

In short no. Wally may leave, but he hasn't said that yet. Like for like Wally is about as close as you get.

I the Bont is out I think it will be Richards who comes in.

I cannot see JUH playing in this game or the big dance unless we are really cruelled with injury.

17. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    In short no. Wally may leave, but he hasn't said that yet. Like for like Wally is about as close as you get.

I the Bont is out I think it will be Richards who comes in.

I cannot see JUH playing in this game or the big dance unless we are really cruelled with injury.
    Agree with Richards call if Bont out, then Daniel & others can play more mid time. If Cody out & Bont plays then Bont could play more forward. If both are out I’m not sure what we’ll do. I love Wally, but think he is too slow and when he did get a game this year his goal kicking was poor.

Post Thanks / Like

Wally and Sweet have played zero football over a long time. Would prefer hardened players.

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Agreed. I always go to 2010 Premiership Player, Leigh Brown. 194cm & 104kg. Not a ruck. Not a KPD. Not a KPF. But Brown was a Hybrid Utility that could do all reasonably well enough. Young is 201cm & 100kg and a similar style of Hybrid. They can clearly be important. With Port having 3 talks and 2 rucks, the flexibility to ruck or drop back as needed is some flexibility and insurance. The Hybrids are doing ok. Stick with what’s working is my view.
    I like what your thinking . The sum of all parts make him a better player, able to provide that impact in short spurts at different positions
    I hope we can see Young blossom into the output list Leigh Brown provided to the pies late into his career. If he does he could threaten to become cult status Hybrid

Surprisingly Brown was delisted in 2008 by North, and the rest is history …

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We were significantly better with English in the ruck tonight, but honestly don’t think we can use Young’s spot in the 22 any better other than the ruck support he gives.
    I would play Sweet instead of Young. At least Sweet knows how to ruck. Young gives us nothing around the ground so we have nothing to lose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He needs to play in front of Vanders who is having minimal impact at present.
    I agree. I'm not sure how Vanders got straight back in after his long absence. I know he is quick but the objective is to get the ball and that is not something he is good at.