Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

[QUOTE=EasternWest;760353]Well that's it. Martin definitely not playing.[/QUOTE

Id be looking at all options to replace Young, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Sulking because he can't play midfield? Surely there is more to it than that.
    I'd be proud to be the orange boy of the Western Bulldogs, let alone step over the white line.

I just meant that that specific half hearted chase and surrender in the forward line that was highlighted made me furious. Terrible effort.

I'm not claiming he's sooking, I wouldn't know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I just meant that that specific half hearted chase and surrender in the forward line that was highlighted made me furious. Terrible effort.

Yeah there were two instances where he had clearly anticipated/ chosen the incorrect line to attack the contest and had an opportunity to adjust and stay in it but chose to drop the shoulders and follow through, and not get back in there.

Not a hanging offence but clear as day. Why he did it I don't know, but he did it, it wasn't good enough and he will hopefully not do it again.

However, most the of commentary is focusing on those instances and his low possession count which is OK, but it's also unbalanced given the pressure acts and tackles he notched up which were elite for someone who isn't sooking let alone someone who apparently is.

The media has been dreadful to us and I really hope we stick it to them in the coming weeks. And then if we do we rub it in their faces.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Good point
    Let's just say he's not happy about something then. They made that claim on the show, but as you say, who knows. They did have plenty of evidence. Not a Kane Corn fan so hopefully Adam has a blinder this week.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Good point
    Let's just say he's not happy about something then. They made that claim on the show, but as you say, who knows. They did have plenty of evidence. Not a Kane Corn fan so hopefully Adam has a blinder this week.
    What is a blinder?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=kruder;760366]
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Well that's it. Martin definitely not playing.[/QUOTE

Id be looking at all options to replace Young, wouldn’t surprise me at all.
    A bit harsh. Against Port a few weeks ago he played very well. He’s not a ruckman but he shouldered that responsibility and still got 14 good possessions. Look at the stats for the others, you will be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Gee Treloar is copping it in the meeja isn't he.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    However, most the of commentary is focusing on those instances and his low possession count which is OK, but it's also unbalanced given the pressure acts and tackles he notched up which were elite for someone who isn't sooking let alone someone who apparently is.
    Found myself nodding along to both of these comments.

There's some ugly vision from Treloar that has been highlighted, but also very selective focus. He was clearly struggling at times*, but also had some great pressure acts as well as Jeemak notes.

For me the most critical part of the 3rd quarter was after the Lions kicked away to a 3 goal lead. With 4 minutes to go we were in a heap of trouble. Then Yorkshire has a great ruck contest with a vital second effort to tap the ball forward. Libba soccers it off the ground, and Rich has the ball basically marked before a desperate Treloar knocks it out of his hands. Baz scoops it up, handpasses immediately to Macrea who gives it to JJ who slots it from 50. And we're back to a 2 goal deficit.

Just a small moment from Treloar, but a crucial one where his desperation mattered.

He had some great pressure acts in the last as well, including the tackle that should've helped ice the game but Baz played on when he shouldn't have...

Obviously we want him to be better, and hopefully he can help drive us to victory on Saturday night. But it's not like his game was just disastrous, even though there were some ordinary moments.

Our footy media would be so much more interesting if they showed the good as well as the bad rather than going with the easy narrative and all the outrage that fosters.

*Is Treloar's partner still in Brisbane with their kid? If so, I imagine it might have been particularly difficult to go to the same city but have limited (if any) proper contact due to quarantine rules...
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

9. Likes jeemak, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Hoping this all works to our favour in that it really propels Ads to put in a blinder.
    Treloar midfield Bont forward. Treloar really should be tearing games to shreds.

11. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What is a blinder?
    Google it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Google it
    Thanks papa.

15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man Google need to be taken to the ACCC for that ad. Seeing that ad hungover is emotional terrorism.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Man Google need to be taken to the ACCC for that ad. Seeing that ad hungover is emotional terrorism.
    Hahahaha, the best bit is the original poster I responded to is based O/S so he has no idea about the trigger content he's unleashed on us all.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for that. I have no idea what else blinder could mean other than ‘tearing it apart’.
    an excellent performance at some activity, especially in sport: - Cambridge
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Cleary Luke Beveridge said Stefan Martin was a “break glass in case of emergency” option two weeks ago. Now the 34yo is firming for a shock recall in Saturday night’s preliminary final.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Mitch Cleary Luke Beveridge said Stefan Martin was a “break glass in case of emergency” option two weeks ago. Now the 34yo is firming for a shock recall in Saturday night’s preliminary final.
    If he plays and is fit, we win.