Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

Keath out is a disaster. Couldn’t have picked a worse team for him to miss against too.

Dixon went from looking at 0.0 from 4 touches to 8.2 from 15 contested marks. Going to be having nightmares about him ragdolling Gardner and Cordy up until the game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    NO Keathy. Where is Zeno Tzatzaris in our hour of need?
    I suggested a few weeks back to trade for Tom Clurey, let’s bring that forward and have him kit up for Saturday night.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Far out, Keith hammy, should we get through you would assume he's doubtful for the GF as well. Wowsers.

Martin in is huge. I had a feeling he'd be in this week. Young hardly played last week so his papers were stamped. They're all or nothing selections which is brave and I completely approve.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't expect normal recovery for our guys with the amount of travel. A 50/50 probably turned into a 40/60 when you have to spend 5 hours on a plane plus other factors (hotel etc)

Look we've never been about individuals really, Gardner is there he needs to have a blinder I'm backing him in. It's an extraordinary season and we have an extraordinary team so anything can happen

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Far out, Keith hammy, should we get through you would assume he's doubtful for the GF as well. Wowsers.

Martin in is huge. I had a feeling he'd be in this week. Young hardly played last week so his papers were stamped. They're all or nothing selections which is brave and I completely approve.
    It’s just tightness according to the team sheet. With two weeks off between PF & GF. Should we win, we bring in Cody & Keath to a winning side. Key defenders and small forwards need to play blinders to keep their spots. Always back in self interest so Keating says.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to those staying positive and seeing a path to victory.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes chef, Ghost Dog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I’ll believe Keath is out when I see it. Have hope.
    Rhys, good to have you getting amongst it mate.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Ok… I’m good now. Initial shock… but this game is going to be about midfield, which is now stronger with Martin in.

Our defence operate well together and as long as the mids and half forwards aren’t letting it get through the middle with ease, we’ll be ok. I’d say Keath out prob hurts us by 2-3 goals… but Martin in prob helps by the same amount.

Cody out hurts. But not much changes. We need a big match from the midfield, and we need one forward to kick a few… prob Naughton or English. They both got hands to ball a few times in the F50 last week and just didn’t grab the marks. If they clunk them this week we win.

Go dogs!!
    Keath is awesome but we aren't winning anything conceding 68 inside 50's against Port. Our midfield is very strong with Martin in and Bont fit - this will be won and lost in the midfield, as it was 3 weeks ago when Lycett bashed us up and gave it to Boak and Wines on a platter.

We will win and get Keath and Cody back in for the GF.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Well if ever we were gonna lose Keath, you'd be hoping that at least we'd have a player who could help us limit the opposition's ability to win quick ball out of the centre.
    So glad we've got Stef coming in. Let's hope our mids can get dominance and deny them lots of inside 50 looks.
    I'm not going negative. Port were faves going in, and still are, but there's been bigger upsets this year.

15. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got an idea of who can play on Dixon but I’m not gonna be the one to say it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Out of the named emergencies, I really like Richards as the sub - his running is so important, especially his defensive running. So he's the kind of player who can come in and give us a shot of extra pace, energy and tenacity. His ability to influence the contest is also under-rated. And he's got better at lowering his eyes and hitting lead-up forwards (though it's a work in progress).

I still, however, am also (barely) holding onto the dream of Young being taken out of the emergencies (I'm not convinced he's fully fit), and Marra cames in late as the sub. (Or to even further indulge the fantasy, JUH actually, comes into the 22, with Schache moving down back, and Cordy becoming the sub or an emergency with Richards still getting the gig as the sub...)
    Yeah-I see your logic with Richards.

18. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Well if ever we were gonna lose Keath, you'd be hoping that at least we'd have a player who could help us limit the opposition's ability to win quick ball out of the centre.
    So glad we've got Stef coming in. Let's hope our mids can get dominance and deny them lots of inside 50 looks.
    I'm not going negative. Port were faves going in, and still are, but there's been bigger upsets this year.
    This feels like the kind of game we win. Port aren't much chop. We got dis!

Post Thanks / Like

So who are their big forwards? Dixon and who else? I know nothing about this club.

Post Thanks / Like

80% chance of rain now. The Footy Gods have let us down, maybe God can help us. Windy too which won’t be ideal for marking either.

Adelaide area
    Mostly sunny morning, partly cloudy afternoon. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning.

22. Likes Raw Toast, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our 19 Point win R9 vs Port at Adelaide Oval (a Saturday Night game):

Out vs In:

Sweet - Martin
    Bruce - English
    Lippa - Dunkley
    Weightman - Schache
    Scott - Hunter
    McNeil - Vandermeer
    Keath - Gardner

Pound for pound we are slightly better off. At worst about even.

The outs kicked 6.3 - So that’s the replacement needed. Plus we were very accurate that night, need the same.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

24. Thanks josie, Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post