Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I'm going to training this morning so will try and find time to do a report afterwards...

They are training at 10am Perth time today and Thursday...
    Would be keen to know how Stef is moving and if there are any indications he might be a sneaky consideration. Very doubtful, but Young playing 50% game time has me thinking.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee Treloar is copping it in the meeja isn't he.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of his efforts are pretty poor viewing.

Somethings not right. Doesn’t seem like the type to spit the dummy because he’s not playing centre bounces. He needs a rev up because he’ll be a huge factor if we go all the way or not.

There’s a baseless rumour floating around that his partner wants to move to QLD permanently. Could just be that he can’t see his family and hold his kid despite being 10m away. Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Gee Treloar is copping it in the meeja isn't he.
    Yeah he is... hope it revs him up.
    He was super poor on Saturday, but some of the assumptions typical headline grabber Kane Cornes are just woeful.... 'He's sooking because he's being played out of position'. How the heck would he have any insight into that?

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I just don’t see it. If he were an experienced player who we knew what their best footy was sure, but hes inexperienced and just doesn’t game sense, plus he’s rusty after a long layoff

Interesting to hear about his running but I’d be bringing Cordy and Richards in
    Cordy pulls large KMs and plays full games as well.

I think they genuinely like Gardner for his other athletic attributes.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Cordy pulls large KMs and plays full games as well.

I think they genuinely like Gardner for his other athletic attributes.
    Both are pretty limited players, but I think there's 1 or 2 occasions per game where Cordy gets out-marked where I feel Gardner wouldn't based on Ryan's ability to cover the ground better.

Cordy did have probably his best game of the season against Port earlier in the season, but lost a couple of critical 1 on 1's in Rd 23 which has he thinking Gardner is in front.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Both are pretty limited players, but I think there's 1 or 2 occasions per game where Cordy gets out-marked where I feel Gardner wouldn't based on Ryan's ability to cover the ground better.

Cordy did have probably his best game of the season against Port earlier in the season, but lost a couple of critical 1 on 1's in Rd 23 which has he thinking Gardner is in front.
    The easy hit up marks Cordy concedes is the advantage Gardner has. I also think Gardner is exceptional at not letting the ball get over the back and has great timing and direction on his spoils. Will be critical this week and unfortunately that is also a weakness for Cordy, constantly let’s the ball get over the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    The easy hit up marks Cordy concedes is the advantage Gardner has. I also think Gardner is exceptional at not letting the ball get over the back and has great timing and direction on his spoils. Will be critical this week and unfortunately that is also a weakness for Cordy, constantly let’s the ball get over the back.
    Yep.. the mark & goal Ladhams produced on Cordy in Rd.23 isn't conceded if Gardner is playing. You just can't allow those goals to occur and Cordy allows a couple a game which kill you in close contests.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m worried as Bont has been great helping in defence last few weeks to detriment of his own around ground play. Presume if injured he plays more forward so we lose that backup. Then again it does help our forward line. Just hope he has his kicking boots on.

Post Thanks / Like

Play Stef

If Young only played half the game on Saturday, then that whole can’t run the game out thing….

Play him
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking we need to go all out and play Stef if he's fit. We can worry about what we'll do in the Grand Final if and when we get there. After all, there's a two week recovery window on the table so he could back it up.

Preliminary finals are ridiculously hard to win, you can't leave anything on the table.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve said it before, but I think there’s two types of struggles to run out a game:

1/ unable to play more than 60% TOG
    2/ unable to do basic repeated efforts over a 8-10 min spell

If Stef can’t do the latter, he just can’t play. If he can and he is capped at 60% TOG, then I’d have him ahead of Lewy.

14. Likes Mofra, Bullies, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm thinking we need to go all out and play Stef if he's fit. We can worry about what we'll do in the Grand Final if and when we get there. After all, there's a two week recovery window on the table so he could back it up.

Preliminary finals are ridiculously hard to win, you can't leave anything on the table.
    The only way we can play Stef is if Young is the sub... we can't be caught without cover if he can't run.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way we can play Stef is if Young is the sub... we can't be caught without cover if he can't run.
    Yep agree. I honestly think that in this iteration of the sub and the somehow still standing handshake agreement to not use it unless a real injury occurs that having a tall in the role is not the worst option.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I agree.

If we think Bont is going to struggle a bit to play enough midfield minutes then we roll Treloar up into his preferred position, play Bont forward and have Schache and English helping Stef in the ruck as required.

If we lose Stef we go with English, Schache and Hannan rotating through the ruck. If we don't lose Stef and end up having to Bring Young in to replace a runner then we're stuck with too many talls and our rotations suffer.

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post