Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Sorry for that. I have no idea what else blinder could mean other than ‘tearing it apart’.
    an excellent performance at some activity, especially in sport: - Cambridge
    Sorry Gd you missed the joke. (understandable).

Watch this

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard Bont is missing this week with a PCL strain. Terrible news if true.

Person who told me didn't say where it's from just that it's 'confidential' so take that under advisement

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've heard Bont is missing this week with a PCL strain. Terrible news if true.

Person who told me didn't say where it's from just that it's 'confidential' so take that under advisement
    Club say no structural damage.... Bont was kicking the footy yesterday at training.

With all respect I'm not buying your confidential info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post

*Is Treloar's partner still in Brisbane with their kid? If so, I imagine it might have been particularly difficult to go to the same city but have limited (if any) proper contact due to quarantine rules...
    Kimmy was interviewed on RSN breakfast club this morning and she confirmed they are in Brisbane and currently working through the process to get to Adelaide which hopefully will be straight forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Club say no structural damage.... Bont was kicking the footy yesterday at training.

If Bont's missing he ain't on the track.

Post Thanks / Like

The club posted a photo of Bont training. As far as I’m concerned that’s a verbal contract he legally has to play now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes bornadog, Topdog, hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Yeah, if it was so clear that he wouldn't play, the club would announce it now so that the focus could quickly turn to planning without him.

He'll be playing.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Bont will play on 1 leg if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Mitch Cleary reporting Steph is more and more likely to play.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it.

Dogs selection antics are just pure meme fodder.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

We have literally nothing to lose.
    Lose this game, seasons over, Martin retires
    Win this game, onto the GF, re-evaluate next week.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all in on the Martin hail mary. We cant have our rucks being destroyed like last week if we want any chance of winning.

Got to risk it to get the biscuit.
    The curse is dead.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Fox Footy

WESTERN BULLDOGS ruckman Stefan Martin is “absolutely in the mix” to face Port Adelaide this weekend, according to senior foxfooty.com.au reporter Tom Morris.

Martin has played just seven games for the Dogs this season, with his most recent match in Round 12 when he was subbed out against Fremantle with a shoulder injury.

Since that game, Martin has been hampered by persistent hip and groin issues.

The day after the Bulldogs lost to Port Adelaide by two points in Round 23, Martin played well in a scratch match, emerging from his 90 minutes of game time unscathed.

Speaking on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight, Morris said Martin was “a very good chance” to face the Power in Saturday night’s elimination final.

“Stefan Martin hasn’t played for quite some time, but he is a chance to play this weekend. I’m told that he’s absolutely in the mix as he recovers from this injury,” Morris told AFL Tonight.

“One of the criticisms from Luke Beveridge towards his team in the press conference after that Port Adelaide game was the ruck division. It was Lewis Young, it was Tim English – they got belted by the Port Adelaide ruckmen.

“They’re playing Port Adelaide again with the same ruck division, so there’s no doubt that Stefan Martin is in the mix to play. Lewis Young had 53 per cent game time last weekend, it might be Stefan Martin’s last year in the AFL system, but he is fit to play.

“He had a big training session in Tasmania with other players who didn’t play in the semi-final on the weekend and he got through that OK. He’s now in Perth with the team.”

The Dogs have been reluctant this season to re-call young ruckman Jordon Sweet, who hasn’t played an AFL game since May.

Superstar skipper Marcus Bontempelli remains a test for Saturday night’s game after his late-game knee scare against the Lions.

The Bulldogs will have to find a replacement for small forward Cody Weightman, who’s been ruled out due to concussion. Norm Smith Medallist Jason Johannisen, who was subbed in for Weightman against Brisbane, is the leading candidate to move into the starting 22, while emergencies Anthony Scott and Mitch Wallis would also be considered.

20. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are pros and cons to Stef playing. I remember back to that Richmond game when his achilles was cooked and Nankervis just worked him over. In all the snippets of footage I've seen of him training, he looks like he's shuffling rather than running.

Would be a huge call to play him when the best we'll get at most is likely some neutralisation in the ruck and at worst, he gets trounced around the ground with Lycett running amok. If he does play and that happens, I hope we're smart and just sub him out.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.