Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  365
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Finals Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Port have been known to play 4 talls in the forward, line. How do we handle that?
    Run them stupid with rebound aka the Gilbee rule
    There's less than two dozen players in the AFL that take more than 2 contested marks per game.

I expect they play three (Dixon, Ladhams, Giorgiadis) and Wines/Boak rest forward as they did last game. Fantasia plays and Gray. Motlop will rotate through the high forward role.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After 20 pages and counting on this thread....I feel like it will be quite anti-climactic when the changes simply read Out: Weightman (injured)....and no Ins due to JJ already previously selected

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reports that Keath has left the track early, potential hamstring issue.

*breathing heavily into paper bag*
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Reports that Keath has left the track early, potential hamstring issue.

*breathing heavily into paper bag*
    So the 2 mature KPP's we brought into the squad at the end of 2019 to help give the team some structure might miss our biggest game in 5 years... I'm ok with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So the 2 mature KPP's we brought into the squad at the end of 2019 to help give the team some structure might miss our biggest game in 5 years... I'm ok with that.
    The footy gods just want to torture us by making sure Zaine Cordy plays.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Keath wasn’t injured at training. More about missing main part of session, which of course is bad still.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Seems like Keath wasn’t injured at training. More about missing main part of session, which of course is bad still.
    I would say we are walking him to the line by the sounds of it. If he pulled up tight or with a low grade strain they would just be keeping him off legs completely. Unlikely he was going for a big stride and it’s let go on him I would think.

Enormous risk taking soft tissue injuries into a final but necessary, gives us some headaches in selecting a sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we are just playing it safe with Keath and his hamstring history. Not surprising. I expect he is at least named tonight.

11. Thanks comrade thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My expectations for the weekend are getting lower by the day.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard about Big Al via Sam Edmund on twitter, he of “Jamarra is gettable/Balme is going to Adelaide/Parker and Sydney are still a fair way apart” fame, so going to assume its nothing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’d rather Marra than Cordy in forward line. I know Cordy did ok in 2026 finals but we need player with forward craft. If Hannan plays negating role on Allir having a tall forward with marking presence to give Port defenders someone tall to worry about other than Naughts & a resting English seems a better way to go to me. Marra taller & way more agile than Cordy. I understand concerns about Marra running out game but I think with adrenaline and teammates support I think he’ll be switched on and is so talented I’m confident he will help with forward pressure - not as good as Cody I know (at least more than Cordy IMO). Marra’s leading patterns are really good too. Also gives say Schache licence to roam up & down ground to provide a marking presence & great disposal, as well as coverage if one of our defenders goes down.
    Singing the same hymn book. I hope we are right in 4.45 minutes hour time. We need to generate goals. Marra can can do that. We will soon see the teams soon enough.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Singing the same hymn book. I hope we are right in 4.45 minutes hour time. We need to generate goals. Marra can can do that. We will soon see the teams soon enough.
    Would be happy to be proven wrong but I reckon he would let us down in 2 of the 3 phases, without the ball and in dispute. If the whole game was just us shoulders out charging towards our 50 then great. We could definitely do with some brilliance and forward craft but it’s just a big gamble at this point.

I also think there is a balance issue there for our front 6 (size, shape and athletic profile) unless English rucks all game.

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Would be happy to be proven wrong but I reckon he would let us down in 2 of the 3 phases, without the ball and in dispute. If the whole game was just us shoulders out charging towards our 50 then great. We could definitely do with some brilliance and forward craft but it’s just a big gamble at this point.

I also think there is a balance issue there for our front 6 (size, shape and athletic profile) unless English rucks all game.
    That might be the case given Young might be carrying a niggle and other options (Sweet & Martin) probably can't play given lack of footy.

If English plays as 1st ruck we probably need Marra up there to add some structure, but having Schache & JUH as our tall targets is the the stuff of nightmares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    My expectations for the weekend are getting lower by the day.
    Yeah, it's been a big effort to actually get to PF week given the last 3 weeks of the year, but progressing further is looking..... extremely unlikely.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yeah, it's been a big effort to actually get to PF week given the last 3 weeks of the year, but progressing further is looking..... extremely unlikely.
    Just goes to show the importance of making top 4 and doing everything possible to get that QF win and subsequent week off. Slogging it out in do or die finals 2 weeks in a row, combined with the travel has turned the screws but we only have our selves to blame.

20. Likes The Pie Man liked this post