Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we now the fan favourites ‘outsiders’ the media will make darlings

#freekickbulldogs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Nope, the same underlying influences that run deep within the media that didn't want us to win throughout 08-10, but had to concede 16 are still alive and well.

It's not paranoia, it's actually systemic and political. How else can you explain the apologist nature commentary towards Essendon and Carlton, and the lack of heat for North Melbourne and Melbourne to simply go and *!*!*!*! themselves at best, or at worst be rationalised and run out of town?

Would the AFL ever pay for us to Paul Roos ourselves for a few years just so we could show we've been Paul Roos'd in the Roos hole?
    We definitely know the answer to that.

We are going to face six days minimum of defending ourselves against so called umpiring miss-haps, be given unfavourable coverage in our HOME STATE compared to Port Adelaide this week, and wind up having to play again after arduous quarantine conditions compared to our opponents with barely a mention of sympathy.

And then we are going to completely *!*!*!*! Port like they've never been *!*!*!*!ed before. In front of their dead shit, hopeless and dreadful song singing fans (it's not because of socio-economics that I call them dead shit, hopeless and dreadful).

We are in the glow right now, just you wait for the next few days. It's going to be ugly.
    There were clearly at least two commentators that don’t like us last week and their constant highlighting of apparent wrong free kicks moved into social media with ferocity and the whole thing has reignited the 2016 GF movement.

Watch back the play when Daniher centres the ball (which results in a mark and goal to get them back in it). They even showed a slow motion of this from an alternative angle which shows Zorko (?) clotheslining R. Smith (not just blocking him) and the commentary team go quiet. If that had been us they would have bitched and moaned about it until the next bounce.

Luke Darcy was the only one going for us and he completely overcorrects by going bigger for the opposition and joined the Bulldog free kick bashing club. He is obviously trying to bury his bias, but it doesn’t do us any favours.

What we need is Al to put together a montage of all dodgy free kicks Brisbane got or missed decisions that went their way (of which there were a lot). Hell, do the 2016 GF while he is at it- because that shit montage that someone created showing four or five free kicks started this whole thing.

My fear is, with home crowd AO rub of the green coming their way anyway- that might be on Turbo against us this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

The Caleb deliberate was insane and five minutes later Mcinerney actually put it out deliberately and not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont goal that was over turned too. There is no way anyone could definitely call it one way or the other. It was pure speculation, and it should have gone back to the goal umpire's original call.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The Bont goal that was turned over too. No way anyone could definitely call it one way or the other. It was pure speculation, that call should have gone back to the umpires original call.
    Bont's reaction said it all for me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty sure everyone else hates us. Whatever they can bite it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Which is weird because at best we've been average since 2016 and we don't exactly have any big scandals or anything but *!*!*!*! them regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Which is weird because at best we've been average since 2016 and we don't exactly have any big scandals or anything but *!*!*!*! them regardless.
    I don't care what other supporters think or say. On Twitter they attack and attack - I just reply with one word Sooks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Another missed call. VDMs point. If Libba was called for in the back moments earlier, that was also in the back.

Theres that.
    Zorkos block.
    Daniels deliberate
    Bonts overturn (don’t care if it changed trajectory or not, it’s not conclusive so shouldn’t be overturned. Saying it changed when straight off the boot isn’t logical enough.)
    Libba in the back
    Missed HTB after Vanders tackle in the 4th

I could go on. Yeah we had some go our way but 30 seconds of thinking brings at least half a dozen that went against us. The reason everyone is sooking is because we’re fu*king this league up and all the entitled pricks everywhere else are scared bout us not being their second team anymore. Fu*k them all I hope we bury them in their own salty tears.

11. Likes Twodogs, SonofScray, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this what we always wanted? Not to be everyones second team. 2016 started the spite let's carry it into a flag winning 2021.

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact they get so salty just makes it more enjoyable I reckon.

*!*!*!*! everyone else. We're the Bulldogs!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's not one comment I haven't loved in this thread! If you're hated in the footy world you're doing something right
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Travel back in time and read or listen to some of the comments about us by Kane Cornes.
    In your face buddy. In....your....face.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I posted in another thread and I'll say it again it was their home ground that a huge advantage. If they were better they would've won by at least a few goals.

If they were clearly the better team they would've never been in that position to have to fight for a few points.
    All they have to do is score a single point to make it a draw in the last quarter and twice they kicked it out of bounds on the full.
    The umpires have nothing to do with that.
    And why hate us because of the umpiring standard anyway? Nothing to do with us.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 06-09-2021 at 12:19 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The interesting part of me is if we don't beat them next week they would be my preferred option to win the flag. No way I would want Melbourne or Geelong to win it.
    Interesting isn't it our pride and prejudice.
    My dad died the year Melbourne last won the flag. He had played for their reserves.
    If we do not win I want them to win. They have been in hell long enough to deserve some heaven and are the team of our great city.
    Port and Geelong can go jump.

19. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post