Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cody Head Knock

Post Thanks / Like

Cody Head Knock

Club are saying it’s a head knock and NOT concussion. So no mandatory week off. AFEL signed off on this hair splitting early this year not enforcing the week for a Head knock.

Welcome to your first prelim Cody.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks josie, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cody Head Knock

You little ripper!! Didn’t think my night could get better & it did with that news - thankyou Bulldogtragic.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, how exactly does a "head knock" not be concussion and yet still require the player to be subbed out? I get we're trying to do everything we can to have everyone available but I really hope we're not covering up concussion.

6. Likes Testekill, HOSE B ROMERO, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any word on Bont?
    I saw him go down, right in front of me, and my immediate thought was he'd done his knee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    So, how exactly does a "head knock" not be concussion and yet still require the player to be subbed out? I get we're trying to do everything we can to have everyone available but I really hope we're not covering up concussion.
    I have confidence in our medical staff. Guessing he passed the Q & A test but they decided to rest him to be really cautious. No doubt the relevant video footage will be analysed by all & sundry during the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Any word on Bont?
    I saw him go down, right in front of me, and my immediate thought was he'd done his knee?
    He pointed to his shin on the bench, hopefully it was a corky and it was a precaution.

Post Thanks / Like

In his post match interview, Bont said the testing they did came up clear and he's confident of being available. I suspect he'll still get some scans to be sure but he was certainly positive.

Post Thanks / Like

The ticker tape under Bevo said he'll miss next week. I don't know who to believe.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    AFEL signed off on this hair splitting early this year not enforcing the week for a Head knock.
    Which game/player was this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Collingwood players were involved
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    A Collingwood player in Round 2 I think it was. Watching Fox, Eddie was across it as was Tom Morris.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    All you can do is trust the medicos. Cody looked bloody good after the game, not that necessarily means anything. If our docs who swear to do no harm to their patients say it’s a head knock and not concussion. I’m happy to trust them.

Post Thanks / Like

So this is where the rule is silly, because it should either be concussion protocol or not.

Leave it in the hands of the medicos, move on.

I've done some silly things concussed and close to concussed, or recovering from concussion, but we know too much now for ambiguity to play a part and we should use that knowledge to take things out of the hands of players and interested parties. The brain is too important.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So this is where the rule is silly, because it should either be concussion protocol or not.

Leave it in the hands of the medicos, move on.

I've done some silly things concussed and close to concussed, or recovering from concussion, but we know too much now for ambiguity to play a part and we should use that knowledge to take things out of the hands of players and interested parties. The brain is too important.
    No one has said that he had concussion at any time and given the dogs history with concussion I'm comfortable trusting our medicos if they say it wasn't concussion

Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge pretty much said Weightman won’t be playing. Hopefully he misspoke
    More of an In Bruges guy?