Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  21
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cody Head Knock

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cody Head Knock

If he passes all the concussion tests and he's all clear from and a health and wellbeing perspective, can't we just say he was subbed out as a precaution with due to a jaw/facial injury?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If he passes all the concussion tests and he's all clear from and a health and wellbeing perspective, can't we just say he was subbed out as a precaution with due to a jaw/facial injury?
    I think so. It’s all up to our medicos and what they say. The club talking to journos and our match report all don’t use the concussion word. At a minimum we want to give him every chance to play.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it always our BEST players that get injured? So unfair.
    I’d say Cody will miss and I can’t be Bont being any better than 40%. Is that enough to play…I’m not sure.
    God we would miss him, and without him, Port would be $1.12 on Sportsbet.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    So, how exactly does a "head knock" not be concussion and yet still require the player to be subbed out? I get we're trying to do everything we can to have everyone available but I really hope we're not covering up concussion.
    I think we're beyond that in the current climate especially with everything we went through with Picko. Maybe we're being cautious and perhaps he was experiencing some pain rather experiencing concussion related issues. I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it isn't concussion.

The Dogs are still investigating whether Weightman suffered a concussion that will force the young forward into the AFL's 12-day protocols, meaning he would definitely miss next week's preliminary final against the Power
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That the club has not seen an obvious case of concussion is a good sign for Cody’s health and for our team sheet this week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That the club has not seen an obvious case of concussion is a good sign for Cody’s health and for our team sheet this week.
    Yes, health comes first
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It was an interesting substitution. It happened just before half time, so they had bang on 20 minutes until the start of the third - and he was already subbed by then. I thought they typically tested, and then re-tested after 20 minutes.

If there is any doubt and he did have symptoms, then the week off is the right thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It was an interesting substitution. It happened just before half time, so they had bang on 20 minutes until the start of the third - and he was already subbed by then. I thought they typically tested, and then re-tested after 20 minutes.

If there is any doubt and he did have symptoms, then the week off is the right thing to do.
    Yep. Concussion being compounded with another hit is not worth the risk. As it happens, the best outcome for Cody is that he has not suffered a concussion. Which is the best outcome for the side. I find it odd that nearly 24 hours on and there’s still no official word. Perhaps it is a straight up head knock and they’re waiting on a scan on his facial bones. That being the part that seemed to make the impact. Until there is word, I guess we wonder out loud as we head towards a Prelim.

Post Thanks / Like

Just me or was that a free kick to Weightman?

Same thing happened week earlier w Francis…

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Just me or was that a free kick to Weightman?

Same thing happened week earlier w Francis…
    Yes, but I guess it depends on being seen. The Francis one the ball was headed that way so it was reasonable enough that the Ump would have eyes on it.

The Cody one the ball was going towards the goals and I'd imagine eyes were skyward.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yes, but I guess it depends on being seen. The Francis one the ball was headed that way so it was reasonable enough that the Ump would have eyes on it.

The Cody one the ball was going towards the goals and I'd imagine eyes were skyward.
    Yep. Far enough of the back that it would have gone unseen at the time.

Has the MRO'S report from the game dropped yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hopefully it isn't concussion.
    Its still a head knock though. Concussion or not we shouldn't be taking unecessary chances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Its still a head knock though. Concussion or not we shouldn't be taking unecessary chances.
    Even if we are just waiting on an xray and he has no concussion symptoms?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a bad look if we fight this. I think the best (only?) approach would be to argue we were being extremely cautious and sticking to a 12 day protocol at all times might result in teams not being so cautious.