Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Jack Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae

Just wanted to drop this here.
    Has been All Australian three times now 2019, 2020 and 2021.
    Incredibly has never won our best and fairest award. If not for the Bont he could have won three or four so consistent has he been. Now Bont may well win the Brownlow this year but does anyone think Jacko might take home our Charlie? As much as we love the Bont I personally would like to see Jacko win our award sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Macrae

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Incredibly has never won our best and fairest award. If not for the Bont he could have won three or four so consistent has he been. Now Bont may well win the Brownlow this year but does anyone think Jacko might take home our Charlie? As much as we love the Bont I personally would like to see Jacko win our award sooner rather than later. Thoughts?
    A few years back both boys had their best finish in the Brownlow, tied with 22 votes. The umpires clearly see both highly. The AFLCA sees them highly too. Who knows how that plays out on Brownlow night. As the B&F, who knows. It’s no reflection though, Scott West won 29 in a row. But there were plenty of other guns too around Westy. He’s clearly good enough to win it, and I think he will at some point. I wouldn’t write him off this year either.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I have a fantasy where they tie for the Brownlow.

Jackson has worked to overcome weaknesses in his game like no one I’ve seen before. The fact that his kicks into the forward line are now penetrating and laser-like instead of dinky floaters is a testament to his work ethic.

He is both lucky/unlucky to be a gun in the time of The Bont. Lucky because he’s rarely tagged ( a hangover I think from the ‘40 touches that don’t hurt days). Lucky because everyone is simply better playin alongside Bont, and their connections at clearances last night are surely a function of playing more than 150 games together. Unlucky because he is still not given the right recognition even by some of our own. I just love Jackson Macrae, future Bulldogs Hall of Famer.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was his game one of the all time great performances in a final? He was immense and led from the front. Just brilliant.

39 disposals (1st on ground)
    1 goal
    11 clearances (1st)
    11 inside 50's (1st)
    813m gained (1st)
    19 contested possessions (1st)
    9 score involvements (2nd)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    He's clearly a very important player to the team but because of his quiet public image and that he keeps a lower profile he does not get the level of acknowledgement he should.
    He was excellent last night and that goal he kicked was telling. I really don't care much for Bronwlow medals but Macrae does deserve a B&F with us because of the consistent high standard of his footy.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's clearly a very important player to the team but because of his quiet public image and that he keeps a lower profile he does not get the level of acknowledgement he should.
    He was excellent last night and that goal he kicked was telling. I really don't care much for Bronwlow medals but Macrae does deserve a B&F with us because of the consistent high standard of his footy.
    Regards your observations G, Some fun writing by Gleeson on this topic I thought worth highlighting.

Partly it is because he isn’t eye-catching in the way his extravagantly hirsute teammates Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton are. He also doesn’t have Homer Simpson tattooed on body parts and a Groucho Marx moustache like pack burrower Tom Liberatore. Macrae’s hair looks more accountant than barista.

And yet, he delivers weekly with the reliability of a Toyota. He amasses possessions – he averaged 33 touches a game this year, is a big body and an excellent kick. He doesn’t do anything badly. Maybe he is a poor cook, or can’t do origami. It would be his only weakness.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Thanks Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking lately Jacko would have to be close to breaking thru for a Dogs BnF this year. The voting system used by the club is around players meeting internal KPIs so he has to be a chance. (No disrespect for the Bont intended)
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Was his game one of the all time great performances in a final? He was immense and led from the front. Just brilliant.

1 goal
    11 clearances (1st)
    11 inside 50's (1st)
    813m gained (1st)
    That's huge! What a jet
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post

1 goal
    11 clearances (1st)
    11 inside 50's (1st)
    813m gained (1st)
    I think that it's better than Neale from the week before. Brisbane never really got near it against the Demons while our match was an arm wrestle the entire time.

Post Thanks / Like

If Jacko gets 31 this weekend, he will have had the most disposal of any player in a season in history. He would be odds on to get 31.

14. Likes bornadog, Testekill, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Accountant. Always gets his numbers.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If Jacko gets 31 this weekend, he will have had the most disposal of any player in a season in history. He would be odds on to get 31.
    I'm hoping that he gets two games to get there.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I have a fantasy where they tie for the Brownlow.

Jackson has worked to overcome weaknesses in his game like no one I’ve seen before. The fact that his kicks into the forward line are now penetrating and laser-like instead of dinky floaters is a testament to his work ethic.

He is both lucky/unlucky to be a gun in the time of The Bont. Lucky because he’s rarely tagged ( a hangover I think from the ‘40 touches that don’t hurt days). Lucky because everyone is simply better playin alongside Bont, and their connections at clearances last night are surely a function of playing more than 150 games together. Unlucky because he is still not given the right recognition even by some of our own. I just love Jackson Macrae, future Bulldogs Hall of Famer.
    Haha great and semi realistic fantasy!
    Jackson is almost untaggable with his height, strength, running ability and smarts.
    He has a potent left peg and with his build should have.
    He concentrated on insuring his kicks precisely find a team mate but now he can kick long penetrators. His application is zen.

20. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Regards your observations G, Some fun writing by Gleeson on this topic I thought worth highlighting.

Partly it is because he isn’t eye-catching in the way his extravagantly hirsute teammates Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton are. He also doesn’t have Homer Simpson tattooed on body parts and a Groucho Marx moustache like pack burrower Tom Liberatore. Macrae’s hair looks more accountant than barista.

And yet, he delivers weekly with the reliability of a Toyota. He amasses possessions – he averaged 33 touches a game this year, is a big body and an excellent kick. He doesn’t do anything badly. Maybe he is a poor cook, or can’t do origami. It would be his only weakness.
    The Nator does it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute Freakshow. Bont for Brownlow, Nator for Norm Smith and B and F.

23. Likes Testekill liked this post