Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  85
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Kick count?

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You know what “Hughesy” GGF. This guy use to barrack for the dogs then changed teams to Carlton. How’s that working out for you?
    Plus he's gone off the deep end socially. Totally forgotten that he was a less than working class rat and not a member of the Judd born to rule society.

Anyway sorry for derailment back on track.

We win, sucks to be them. Their tears are delicious.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes Twodogs, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was VERY nervous the Duryea masterpiece was going to be pinged, thankfully the umpire must’ve had a similar line of vision that the boundary line camera had, where it clearly shows Cameron knocking the ball onto Doc’s legs as he was sprinting.

Noticed Julian De Stoop called out Hughes on this take.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Plus he's gone off the deep end socially. Totally forgotten that he was a less than working class rat and not a member of the Judd born to rule society.

He is beneath contempt. What sort of adult changes football teams? That's so weak.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to a few of his early gigs and he was *!*!*!*!ing hilarious. Admittedly I pay less attention, but I haven’t heard anything remotely funny out of him in about two decades. Just another waste of breath and energy from him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Zorko two OOF in the last 10 minutes, one last 10 seconds.

The umpires force him to do that?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The officiating is being elevated as though it was the key determinant of the match. It’s not like the last gasp one in Geelong earlier this year, where a free missed in the last few seconds would certainly have altered the result. There is no obvious howler..I genuinely think the most contentious decision was overturning Bont’s goal.

This was a brilliant well-contested match with brave and committed efforts on both side, played at breakneck speed, swings of momentum, and lots of amazing moments. Most thought it was the match of the season yet somehow nitpicking about free kick “tallies” is becoming the narrative and I’m getting pretty angry!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

10. Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s incredibly disrespectful to all parties.

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough air time for this topic.

Brisbane players and fans, you were not good enough for long enough. Best of luck in 2022 (except for when you play us).

14. Likes Ghost Dog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this one was a cut and dry free kick. McInerney had eyes only for English and straight up blocked him. One of the clearest frees of the day.
    Agree. What was strange about it was that it was paid! Imagine how good Timmy's ruckwork would be if umpires paid this all the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Forget it. All this whingeing about free kicks and it was their home turf and if they were really the better team they would've won by five or six goals.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Discussing the standard of umpiring is a lot like "remember when":

- I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest differential is that we don't give away a lot of high tackles and play fairly clean; we tackle around the midsection instead of the chest and we don't play silly buggers trying to work opponents over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Can't the football world just credit us for putting our noses over the ball first and are more likely to draw a free kick and also could it possibly be that our tackling technique when our tackles stick are of a high quality that also warrants paying the free kick.

Brisbane could have quite easily won that game if they kicked better in the dying stages so the football world needs to pull their heads in on us getting more free kicks than anyone else and may be look at the play in general.

I wonder how the umpiring division is feeling about them being accused of bias or not doing their job.
    I suspect we spend time addressing how not to give frees and are good at it. Plus we play the ball and are first to it more often.
    We have no dickheads and are disciplined. The frees come and we minimise free against.

21. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Enough air time for this topic.

Brisbane players and fans, you were not good enough for long enough. Best of luck in 2022 (except for when you play us).
    Or try to knock us out of a top four spot. I'd have to have something along the lines of, oh I don't know, maybe a TIMEKEEPING *!*!*!*!ING ERROR or something like that, help them out.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I suspect we spend time addressing how not to give frees and are good at it. Plus we play the ball and are first to it more often.
    We have no dickheads and are disciplined. The frees come and we minimise free against.
    When Don Pyke and a few others sooked it up in 2016 Bevo got really terse and suggested there might be something in our training that is behind the differentials.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.