Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port Adelaide V Western Bulldogs - 2nd Preliminary Final 2021

I didn’t relax until the Schache goal.

2. Likes MrMahatma, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Best performance in my time following the club that was breathtaking.

Bevo had the boys where he wants them, everything was against us he is made for this situation. I was confident with three rounds to go that Bevo and Bont would be holding up the cup this year but no one could have scripted the past 6 weeks.

So many things to discuss but just wanted to highlight Hannan, JJ and Schache bloody sensational.

My family is split between Melbourne and the Dogs. My Mother is 68 is a Dees supporter goes every week, I really want for her to experience a winning GF but make no mistake these Dogs can break hearts in a fortnight.

Enjoy everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My mum and grandma are Dees supporters as well. Younger brother a Pies supporter and Dad not a big footy fan. Hopefully I’ll be the happiest one in my household in 2 weeks
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan... how dare you prove yourself on such a stage............

I kid!

You bloody legend!

Post Thanks / Like

That was insane. What a performance.

I'm curious how many touches Port had had by our 5th goal. We owned the ball that first half.

So happy for a bunch of fringe guys that stood up and did great. Guys like Schache, Roarke, JJ, Cordy, Gardner, Hannan etc have all looked VFL quality for lots of this season, but have really performed in their roles and were all important tonight. For fringe players like these guys it's really important they own their moments and they did tonight (and have all finals series).

So impressed with our forward setup. I really rate Ports defence and their roles within it, Jonas is a real "makes the guys around him play better" kind of guy. We obliterated it. By controlling the footy it meant we could be calculated coming in and all their three talls were negated if not outright beaten by our bunch. Hannan's first half was genuinely fantastic and really repaid the faith the coaching group have placed in him.

What a weird second half. Relaxing is not a word i have ever used for a Prelim before, but that was what the scond half was like. Until the last 10 minutes i guess, when the nerves of worrying about our guys injuring themselves (Naughton flying for marks I mean no) started to take over.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

7. Likes Mantis, Go_Dogs, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see all the supporting players in the circle, singing the song. Mitch Wallis, Cody, players injured or not in the team, all in good spirits.

Love the fact that Bevo has an eye for good working players, like Roarke Smith, Zaine Cordy, Mitch Hannan, all rewarding him by playing their roles.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes Go_Dogs, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache shut down Allir and kicked 1.3.

Hannan 3 goals.

JJ.

Cordy on Dixon.

Roarke 1.1, great pressure.

Some huge games from our bottom handful.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Glad to see all the supporting players in the circle, singing the song. Mitch Wallis, Cody, players injured or not in the team, all in good spirits.

Love the fact that Bevo has an eye for good working players, like Roarke Smith, Zaine Cordy, Mitch Hannan, all rewarding him by playing their roles.
    and look who was in the circle

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Agree. Full squad effort. Was brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just read this entire thread and I am so happy to see all the joy that has been expressed - because it's the joy I feel too.

This was an incredible team performance from the first bounce and a coaching masterpiece from Bevo and his assistants. I was really impressed by our attack on the ball and our attack on our opponents.

It was wonderful to see players who have come under a lot of criticism have very good games. Bailey Smith was brilliant. Mitch Hannan was really influential offensively and defensively. JJ was full of energy and endeavour. Josh Schache was so competitive and a major factor in blunting the influence of Port's prime mover from the back half. Adam Treloar was back to his best. Really cracked in, got a lot of the ball and used it very well.

Down back Zaine and Gards were very solid and were ably supported by the rest of the defence and by midfielders getting back to help out. It was a superb effort by all concerned.

Special shout out to Stef Martin. To play the game he did after a 97 day lay off is a tribute to his professionalism - a really solid game that enabled our midfielders to keep a solid grip on the game.

A total team performance. Melbourne thought they had this Premiership in the bag 24 hours ago. If they still thinking that they are doing it at their peril. We are in this up to our necks and we have the momentum. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I have just read this entire thread and I am so happy to see all the joy that has been expressed - because it's the joy I feel too.

This was an incredible team performance from the first bounce and a coaching masterpiece from Bevo and his assistants. I was really impressed by our attack on the ball and our attack on our opponents.

It was wonderful to see players who have come under a lot of criticism have very good games. Bailey Smith was brilliant. Mitch Hannan was really influential offensively and defensively. JJ was full of energy and endeavour. Josh Schache was so competitive and a major factor in blunting the influence of Port's prime mover from the back half. Adam Treloar was back to his best. Really cracked in, got a lot of the ball and used it very well.

Down back Zaine and Gards were very solid and were ably supported by the rest of the defence and by midfielders getting back to help out. It was a superb effort by all concerned.

Special shout out to Stef Martin. To play the game he did after a 97 day lay off is a tribute to his professionalism - a really solid game that enabled our midfielders to keep a solid grip on the game.

A total team performance. Melbourne thought they had this Premiership in the bag 24 hours ago. If they still thinking that they are doing it at their peril. We are in this up to our necks and we have the momentum. Go Dogs!
    Never has a Bulldog player been more important... STEF..... mega... massive...
    Massive stones by Bevo.
    'break glass in emergency.......bloody hell.......Stef....

Post Thanks / Like

Was he good? He did enough. Bigger and more important game in 2 weeks. Glad he’s had a run.

Post Thanks / Like

Those first few contests from BDSM we arousing.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen Comrade?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.