Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  526
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port Adelaide V Western Bulldogs - 2nd Preliminary Final 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    According to the AFL team lists on the app, Cordy only gives up 3cm to Marshall (198cm v 195cm).

On the flip side, Port’s tallest defender is Aliir at 194cm, with Burton (191cm) and Jonas at (188cm) next in line. Our listed forward-line includes:
    Naughton 195cm
    Schache 201cm
    English 205cm
    I wasn’t happy with how easily Jonas and McKenzie were able to impact or even win 1 on 1s against Naughton and English last time. Shouldn’t happen, we need them to stand up and clunk a few.

2. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point what happens happens, while it was disappointing to drop the double chance we still won two finals in a row and that's very impressive. Our destiny is in our hands and if any team can beat Port in Adelaide with their backs against the wall, it's us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I wasn’t happy with how easily Jonas and McKenzie were able to impact or even win 1 on 1s against Naughton and English last time. Shouldn’t happen, we need them to stand up and clunk a few.
    Timmy especially, had some good looks and didn't clunk them. Hopefully he's got the grippo on tomorrow.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm already getting nervous and butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow's night game. Normally that only happens game day.

I also have a deep level of sadness that we can't attend. A Prelim and we can't be there to support our boys. Such a disadvantage when they will have their fans in the stand. Just a hypothetical question? How many Bulldog supporters attended the GWS prelim? Adelaide is an easier drive. How many of our supporters would have made the trip to a Prelim in Adelaide? My guess is 10K+.

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the Adelaide government haven’t allowed us to do the captains run training session. Port can. *!*!*!*! that’s bullshit. Hope the boys use this as fuel and we pump them.

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I'm already getting nervous and butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow's night game. Normally that only happens game day.

I also have a deep level of sadness that we can't attend. A Prelim and we can't be there to support our boys. Such a disadvantage when they will have their fans in the stand. Just a hypothetical question? How many Bulldog supporters attended the GWS prelim? Adelaide is an easier drive. How many of our supporters would have made the trip to a Prelim in Adelaide? My guess is 10K+.
    I definitely would've been there.

This is the 9th Prelim in my lifetime and my first missed. I'm pretty flat about not going too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Apparently the Adelaide government haven’t allowed us to do the captains run training session. Port can. *!*!*!*! that’s bullshit. Hope the boys use this as fuel and we pump them.

Agree shocker. It's usually a very light session but still it's part of the normal prep. Considering the 8 hours flying in the last week it would probably take on extra importance.

Some discussion over here on training thread

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...951#post760951

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I definitely would've been there.

This is the 9th Prelim in my lifetime and my first missed. I'm pretty flat about not going too!
    Same here. Not a great TV viewer. Should be the best time of the year.

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Timmy especially, had some good looks and didn't clunk them. Hopefully he's got the grippo on tomorrow.
    English had a bad game . 1 hitout, and 9 possessions (6 were from marks up field).

As a forward target

1. He was leading directly towards the kicker even when there was a defender in between. That led to defensive intercepts. He should be told to put some angle in his lead this time.

2. He also stood too deep in the forward area and that allowed defenders to stand in front of him and box him in. Aliir did that a number of times , preventing a clean jump for the mark, and allowing the shorter player to win the contest. Avoid the problem but if caught out then punch.

I expect English to have a much more influential game this time.

Post Thanks / Like

To me the choice of medical sub will be fascinating and of the four named can't see Wally making the cut. Finals are a slog so you either need physicality or the capability to add speed/ground coverage late. Young is obviously there as coverage for Martin but my worry is then playing two non physical types (Young and Schache) in a tight tense final might not be the best way to go especially if it becomes wet later in game. Richards would add some run and carry while Scott could possibly play a specific role on an opposition mid. So to answer my own question my preference would be Richards, Scott, Young, Wallis.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 14
    First goal Naughton
    bog Jack Macrae

It will be a win against all odds, a win for the ages, GO DOGS !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    English had a bad game . 1 hitout, and 9 possessions (6 were from marks up field).

As a forward target

1. He was leading directly towards the kicker even when there was a defender in between. That led to defensive intercepts. He should be told to put some angle in his lead this time.

2. He also stood too deep in the forward area and that allowed defenders to stand in front of him and box him in. Aliir did that a number of times , preventing a clean jump for the mark, and allowing the shorter player to win the contest. Avoid the problem but if caught out then punch.

I expect English to have a much more influential game this time.
    He definitely was trying to stay deep to draw Aliir. Even with what we have identified he dropped 3 sitters and was pushed off too easily in others. Could be the difference.

17. Likes Testekill, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    We’re Geelong in first week of finals treated similarly?

This appears to be small minded and parochial of SA Health unless there’s something we’re missing.

Agree that Bevo & boys will use this as more fuel for the fire. I think boys will come out hard tonight - let’s pray it’s for all 4 quarters and no serious injuries - whether we make it through or not. So proud of the club & that our supporters and club have, in Ron Burgundy parlance, remained classy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Port cop all the injuries we copped this week in the game itself.

I don't care how I just want to win.

(and none of the injuries last longer than 48 hours)

Post Thanks / Like

Keath out is huge but...Charlie Dixon is one of the great frauds of the competition.

Outside of a half dozen games each year, I honestly don't see a huge amount of influence from him. We could get unlucky and he could have a day out but hes just as likely to have 5 marks, 1 goal and an assist or two.

This game will be won and lost in the centre. A significant portion of our goals conceded in the last month have come from stoppages, so a with bit of impact from Stef and English to at least bring the ball straight down at clearances, this game evens right up.