Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  526
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port Adelaide V Western Bulldogs - 2nd Preliminary Final 2021

Boak is an old bastardo. 33yo. Nearly half my age.
    He is stoppable

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Boak is an old bastardo. 33yo. Nearly half my age.
    He is stoppable
    He got off the chain I’m the forward half in round 23. We have to limit his ability to impact the scoreboard this time - it really hurt us.

Agree Drew will tag Libba, so maybe Dunkley spends more time in the clinches and Libba works hard to also impact the scoreboard early for a second week in a row.

Roarke on Amon seems sensible too.

English / Schache will need to keep AA honest in their back half. We played that well in round 23
    But I’m sure they will look to do things a little bit differently to create some capacity to zone.

If Butters gets on top, I wouldn’t actually mind throwing a challenge to say VDM to make his life hard. Started as a defender, has wheel and tenacity, would match up well on Butters.

Fantasia was one out the box who played well for them in the QF, but comfortable that Wood can match him.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I reckon if Drew goes to Libba then Libba should tag one of Wines or Boak, probably the former. It worked a treat against the Dees the second time and I’m not sure why the lever wasn’t pulled in round 23.
    I like that idea. It will release one our other mids to be more offensive while Wines Libba and Drew play ring a ring a Rosie. Why didn't we do this round 23? Maybe Bevo trying to keep his powder dry somewhat saving his moves for finals. If so he almost pulled it off.

I played a game a couple years ago where in the last round we already knew that the team we were playing we were playing in the first week of finals a week later. Our coach done a Tony Shaw and played our forwards back and backs forward. We got smashed by 10 goals and they were cocky as. Come the final we played in our proper positions and won by 8 goals! It actually worked, it actually *!*!*!*!en worked!

Anyway AFL is a fair bit of jump in standards than superules and shenanigans like that don't work but I'd like to think Bevo hasn't showed his whole hand just yet.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Premiership Chance:

Round 1: 1 in 18 Chance
    Round 23: 1 in 8 Chance
    After EF: 1 in 6 Chance
    After SF: 1 in 4 Chance
    Post Fri Game: 1 in 3 Chance

Not many better shots than we have Saturday.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Beat Port get a week off and who knows. Port will be a massive game but we have played really well against them at home over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

We’re a very good team. It’s not like in the Eade years where you kinda knew we weren’t quite as good as the others. We’re very much as good… in fact better than Port.

Bring our best… we win!

I’m pumped. Gonna watch the replay of Sat night.

9. Likes EasternWest, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

Anyway AFL is a fair bit of jump in standards than superules and shenanigans like that don't work but I'd like to think Bevo hasn't showed his whole hand just yet.
    Yeah - but AFL players watch vision and are given detailed instructions re- what to expect and how to respond. Small changes can have a big impact and get in the heads of opposition players.

I have no idea what Bevo is planning but I am expecting 'something' up forward...probably more game-style related than positional but I wouldn't rule anything out.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    We’re a very good team. It’s not like in the Eade years where you kinda knew we weren’t quite as good as the others.
    Sadly for me, I never realised that until we LOST in the prelim (every damn year!!).
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else checking Adelaide BOM at least once daily?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Anyone else checking Adelaide BOM at least once daily?
    No. But what’s the forecast?

I will be OCD now…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No. But what’s the forecast?

I will be OCD now…
    50% of showers Sat evening. 0-1mm.

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    50% of showers Sat evening. 0-1mm.
    May whose ever god controls the rain make it bucket down.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope so too. Bit of rain should help us with our inside battle. Libba loves the wet, or seems to.
    Come on you Beautiful Dogs! Game on.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Was very confident for the Brisbane game - but am managing my expectations a bit this week.

Of course I think we can win. But on paper there is a hell of a lot that makes it a big hill to climb.
    Coming up against a side who is more rested, has had a far better run with injury, who have had their fringe players playing in SANFL matches, and who've been sleeping in their own beds for 3 weeks while we've been all over the country going from airports to hotels to COVID tests and all sorts of protocols.

Clouds over Bont, Keath and potentially others....It would be an absolute famous victory - and I'm more confident that we can win the GF (if we get through) than this game.

Its going to take our absolute best, most spirited performance. 10 weeks ago if you'd said we were playing Port in a Prelim, i'd be giddy with joy and give them no chance to beat us. They've been 9-1 since, and us 6-4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Was very confident for the Brisbane game - but am managing my expectations a bit this week.

Of course I think we can win. But on paper there is a hell of a lot that makes it a big hill to climb.
    Coming up against a side who is more rested, has had a far better run with injury, who have had their fringe players playing in SANFL matches, and who've been sleeping in their own beds for 3 weeks while we've been all over the country going from airports to hotels to COVID tests and all sorts of protocols.

Clouds over Bont, Keath and potentially others....It would be an absolute famous victory - and I'm more confident that we can win the GF (if we get through) than this game.

Its going to take our absolute best, most spirited performance. 10 weeks ago if you'd said we were playing Port in a Prelim, i'd be giddy with joy and give them no chance to beat us. They've been 9-1 since, and us 6-4.
    We out-played Essendon in Rd 21 and if that game gets replayed we win it 98 times out of 100 and if we beat Port in Rd 23 which we were very close to doing, even though we didn't play well we are both 8-2 over the past 10 weeks... so whilst the numbers don't look great, they probably don't tell the full story.

We are totally up against it in every which way, but I don't think that bothers us all that much.