Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...tman-ruled-out


    Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli is considered a chance to take his place in this Saturday night’s Preliminary Final, while enigmatic forward Cody Weightman has been ruled out under AFL concussion protocols.

    Bontempelli will be tested throughout the week to determine if he can lead the side out against Port Adelaide.

    “In the last minutes of the game, Marcus landed and had his knee twisted,” said Bulldogs’ head of sports medicine, Chris Bell.

    “Scans have cleared him of any serious structural damage, but he does have some symptoms related to the injury.

    “We’ll work with Marcus through the back end of this week to determine his availability.”

    Weightman was withdrawn at half time of the Bulldogs’ memorable win over Brisbane at the Gabba after colliding with Lions’ defender Marcus Adams.

    “During the half time break we made the decision to remove him from the game,” Bell said.

    “Subsequent testing has confirmed he does have some low-level concussion symptoms.

    “He won’t play this week, but we’ll monitor Cody in the next couple of days to determine his availability.”

  2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...tman-ruled-out


    Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Bulldogs captain Marcus Bontempelli is considered a chance to take his place in this Saturday night’s Preliminary Final, while enigmatic forward Cody Weightman has been ruled out under AFL concussion protocols.

    Bontempelli will be tested throughout the week to determine if he can lead the side out against Port Adelaide.

    “In the last minutes of the game, Marcus landed and had his knee twisted,” said Bulldogs’ head of sports medicine, Chris Bell.

    “Scans have cleared him of any serious structural damage, but he does have some symptoms related to the injury.

    “We’ll work with Marcus through the back end of this week to determine his availability.”

    Weightman was withdrawn at half time of the Bulldogs’ memorable win over Brisbane at the Gabba after colliding with Lions’ defender Marcus Adams.

    “During the half time break we made the decision to remove him from the game,” Bell said.

    “Subsequent testing has confirmed he does have some low-level concussion symptoms.

    “He won’t play this week, but we’ll monitor Cody in the next couple of days to determine his availability.”
    Is it just me, or is that last sentence poorly worded or confusing. He won’t play, but we are keeping an eye on him the next couple of days for his availability?? For what?
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is it just me, or is that last sentence poorly worded or confusing. He won’t play, but we are keeping an eye on him the next couple of days for his availability?? For what?
    Yeah its not good. I guess its with respect to making a call on his availability beyond this week...should that come to pass.

  5. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    16,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    *!*!*!*!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    *!*!*!*!
    I had already ruled Cody out so whilst it's far from ideal I can deal with that... losing Bont isn't something I'm ready to entertain.

  8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Bont playing is really the big difference. But Cody is a big loss. Natural forward who applies tremendous pressure. He kicked 3.2 against port when we played them in Adelaide.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    7,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Bont playing is really the big difference. But Cody is a big loss. Natural forward who applies tremendous pressure. He kicked 3.2 against port when we played them in Adelaide.
    Yeah we're going to miss the X factor Cody brings. His being available certainly would've caused Port to have to think about some different scenarios in their planning.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yeah we're going to miss the X factor Cody brings. His being available certainly would've caused Port to have to think about some different scenarios in their planning.
    And it’s compounded because we’re already missing Bruce.

    JJ was excellent when he came on Saturday night. If we’re to win, we’ll need a big effort from him.

  12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    9,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Get well soon Bont!!! Rest well flea.
    "We've got to be good in the phone box, and good in the tardis" - Pearls of wisdom from Luke Beveridge.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Sucks but as good as we’d hope late Sat night.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    1,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    A fantastic opportunity for someone to step up to replace Cody. And you know Cody will do everything to help the boys get over the line.
    As for Bont, i'm a long lapsed Catholic but if there is a greater being up there, can he work some magic just this once.

  16. Likes josie, Ghost Dog liked this post
  17. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Interesting Gerard Healy (a Physio) said live he was certain Bonts did a PCL. He said he’s watched it back and with the player stepping on the rear, it’s more likely a (Latin terms for knee parts) and I’d almost certain to play. Not even with a jab, just ice to reduce swelling and control pain during the week. Might be a little sore, but all but certain to play upon reviewing the video and his obvious knowledge of the anatomy.
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Injured Bont, no Cody, sellout crowd.
    Great challenge.
    Duryea saying the players would still be confident without Bont.

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Injured Bont, no Cody, sellout crowd.
    Great challenge.
    Duryea saying the players would still be confident without Bont.
    At least the crowd is only 26,500. Not a full house.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Footscray
    Posts
    699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bont a chance to play, Weightman ruled out

    Bont's Knee now has his own Twitter account... https://twitter.com/BontKnee
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •