Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Port vs Richmond, 2020 Prelim

I’ve read the match report and it sounds like it was a dour street fight, at Adelaide Oval. 6.4 vs 6.10.

Not a lot of outside runner clocking up numbers, but the inside mids seemed to do a lot of heavy lifting. We have our fair share too.

The Port team from the Prelim loss last year has a few changes, but for the most part is very similar.

So. Same Prelim game. Same venue. Same team (give or take). Are there any direct or relevant lessons that can be learned from them losing the home Prelim at Adelaide Oval last year?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port vs Richmond, 2020 Prelim

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’ve read the match report and it sounds like it was a dour street fight, at Adelaide Oval. 6.4 vs 6.10.

Not a lot of outside runner clocking up numbers, but the inside mids seemed to do a lot of heavy lifting. We have our fair share too.

The Port team from the Prelim loss last year has a few changes, but for the most part is very similar.

So. Same Prelim game. Same venue. Same team (give or take). Are there any direct or relevant lessons that can be learned from them losing the home Prelim at Adelaide Oval last year?
    Yeah I think it's another battle if we win. Narrow ground. I think we can keep them to a low-ish score, let's see what we do at the other end. Hopefully we go deep and that home crowd ends up giving them jitters.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a war of attrition that game, much like ours versus Brisbane

Going to be that familiar dynamic where we are battle hardened but weary and they are fresh but rusty

Hopefully we get the jump on them and fight it out from there
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Port have watched that tape again this week. Interesting ploy from them…

Post Thanks / Like

Why would they watch an exhibition match back? Did they rewatch their pre-season games back too?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The memory that stands out to me most, was that when Port were trying to score in the last quarter, Richmond set up well behind the ball and Port rushed and kicked the ball to the likes of Vlaustin and other Richmond defenders regularly. If they were re-watching it this week, I'd imagine some of the conversation was about composure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Apparently Port have watched that tape again this week. Interesting ploy from them…
    Suits us fine.

I get why they would do it, but if the pressure is on and they start making mistakes, they've dug a hole to fall into.

Let's hope we can really test them.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

We have to start well. If they got out to 4 goals to none in the first 15 mins, then that is going to be an extremely hard task to pull back. They’ll have the confidence and the crowd will be ignited.
    I will never see #16 the same!!