Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Freo a snags Murph.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...07-p58pm5.html

Former Western Bulldogs’ skipper Bob Murphy says he will be “all in” at Fremantle as soon as he starts as their new head of football and high performance later this year.

He expects to be on a steep learning curve as he oversees the club’s AFL and AFLW programs in a broad operational role within the football department that will also encompass leadership.

The two-time All-Australian said he was looking forward to entering a new environment after 312 games in 18 seasons at the Western Bulldogs to see where he could assist as the Dockers look to return to finals.

“It will be a steep learning curve. I have a lot of history with the Bulldogs and it will always be a part of me, but footy clubs demand you are all in ... I am all in [at the
    Murphy has been working as a radio broadcaster with SEN since his retirement in 2017 and was involved in the Western Bulldogs women’s program last season as he felt the urge to be involved with a club return.

“I could feel the magnetic pull of footy,” Murphy said.

“I missed the cause.”

He is friends with Dockers CEO Simon Garlick, a former teammate who was also chief executive at the Bulldogs, and Murphy also played alongside Matthew Boyd, who now works alongside Fremantle senior coach Justin Longmuir in the coaches' box.
    Murphy, 39, played 312 games with the Bulldogs but missed the 2016 premiership after suffering an ACL injury in round three of that season.

He had been All-Australian captain in 2015 after taking over as skipper during a tumultuous 2014 when they sacked coach Brendan McCartney and lost their captain Ryan Griffen to GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Freo a snags Murph.

High performance at quoting cult bands and obscure music references….
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised he had this sort on ambitions from a footy perspective. Good luck to him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good way to get across the border to watch us in a GF. Master stroke from Murphy.

6. Likes Raw Toast, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be seen in hipster cafes and bars in Leederville.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

8. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post