Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: And here I was thinking that the curse was dead

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Which will make victory all the SWEETER.

Can we beat Port 10 times without Alex Keath? Probs not. But we only have to beat them once.

This game will be over before half time and our lead will exceed 7-goals. Mark it down. With every (Dogs) player who goes down, the pressure on the Power builds. They have had a week off. Their opponents have flown from Tassie to Brisbane to Perth to Adelaide. They have had to travel around the corner to buy a loaf of bread and a bottle of milk (maybe). Their opponents look like they have key players dropping out of the side - they have (with the exception of a 19yo kid with potential who has yet to put together 3-good games in a row) a FULL SQUAD to choose from. They have NO EXCUSES. They JUST MISSED OUT last year. JUST. This is their time.

It's gonna get to them. They are gonna crack. Our players/staff have overcome a lot in the last few weeks - criticism in the media etc not the least of it...hell, there was a thread on here a few weeks ago asking for the coach to be sacked.

It's gonna be OK. We will win this game going away.
    I would like to hail the prophetic MJP.

More seriously, I took great solace from this post, as I have from many other things that he's taken the time to write these past few season. I'm thankful for all the work he and so many others put into make Woof glorious.

And obviously it's thrilling that this superb prophetic vision was so accurate.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

2. Likes bulldogtragic, josie, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I would like to hail the prophetic MJP.

More seriously, I took great solace from this post, as I have from many other things that he's taken the time to write these past few season. I'm thankful for all the work he and so many others put into make Woof glorious.

And obviously it's thrilling that this superb prophetic vision was so accurate.
    It lifted my spirits too in the middle of the Alex Keath gloom I suddenly felt hope. Thanks mjp
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I think the prelim curse is dead btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Yeh I think the prelim curse is dead btw.
    Yes. We lost seven in a row. We now have won two in a row including a 71 point thumping on foreign territory. Curse is officially dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yes. We lost seven in a row. We now have won two in a row including a 71 point thumping on foreign territory. Curse is officially dead.
    I was there n person for each Preliminary final that we lost. I've watched each one that we won on TV..

It's me, it just has to be.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was there n person for each Preliminary final that we lost. I've watched each one that we won on TV..

Hey TD, is there a particular story about winning prelims and going crazy that we woofers have never heard before but could tell of your experience in watching from home?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Never attend one in person please. Ha.

I attended the seven losing Prelims in person starting in 1985. I was luckier enough to attend 2016 in Sydney.