Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Finals preparation

How the bloody hell did the AFEL grant them a home final without checking to see if the opposition team is allowed to train. This is idiotic of the highest order and a complete failure on their behalf. And SA government well done for not disclosing the fact that athletes can't train before performing in your state. Dickheads
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    How the bloody hell did the AFEL grant them a home final without checking to see if the opposition team is allowed to train. This is idiotic of the highest order and a complete failure on their behalf. And SA government well done for not disclosing the fact that athletes can't train before performing in your state. Dickheads
    Because they don’t give a *!*!*!*!.
    I don’t mean it in a “they hate us” conspiracy way, just in a, the game will look good on TV and the sponsors will be happy and they’ll make some cash, so they honestly don’t care about the effect on one team or the other.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    This!

Honestly - it is ridiculous! Maybe for rounds 1-23 but this is an f’ing prelim! One team lead their normal life whilst the other is severely hampered and has to live in 3 seperate temporary hubs.

This is such BS. We’re about to play a game of footy against blokes that will go back into the SA community 2 hours after being tackled for 2 hours by the team in ISO.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How much different would it have all looked if we had won one of the last 3 home and away games?

I get that it's been tough but we just have to rise above the challenges. We have been an awesome team this year and I have been very proud of what we have achieved so far. Given all that I'm not prepared to concede Saturday nights result and certainly not a GF win just because it's been tough.

Plenty of time for a postmortem at the end of the season. I refuse to write off what this team can achieve this year and win or lose I'll be proud with what they have been able to get done however, the story we are about to write in 2021 isn't over.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes bulldogtragic, josie, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Because they don’t give a *!*!*!*!.
    I don’t mean it in a “they hate us” conspiracy way, just in a, the game will look good on TV and the sponsors will be happy and they’ll make some cash, so they honestly don’t care about the effect on one team or the other.
    As proven last week, when the Bullies requested an earlier start so that they weren't confined to their Hotel Rooms all-day. The AFL kept it at night to appease Channel 7.

Longer-term bigger picture question is why the hell the AFL persists with 2.30pm for the GF?!?! The 4.40pm is best to maximise the Audience, as the kids can watch and people don't get too sloshed in the lead-up. (Just ask the Police with the Rugby League GF at night on the eve of a Public Holiday).

Just hope the team does not lose focus (like we seem to be doing here) and just concentrate on the actual game.

Nothing worth striving for is ever easy, quoting an ex-Bullies Champ!

Post Thanks / Like

SA and WA governments have gone crazy over Covid.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Ralphy confirmed we did NOT get to train today. They generously allowed the players a few extra minutes tomorrow. You know, before the game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ralphy confirmed we did NOT get to train today. They generously allowed the players a few extra minutes tomorrow. You know, before the game.
    They would have arrived late anyway. I think they wanted to stretch the legs tomorrow
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ridiculous. Should not happen. This is professional football. Will rise above it and channel it into the match tomorrow and tear them up.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

SA government have form, Olympians returning to Adelaide via Sydney had to quarantine again in Adelaide after a fortnight in NSW.

Disgraceful
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    SA and WA governments have gone crazy over Covid.
    In general, they have had very good reasons to 'go crazy'. If I was living in either of those states I would be pretty happy with their approach.

Having said that, this decision from the SA government stinks.

16. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I still blame the AFL for not sorting this out before hand. SA Gov have their rules.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They would have arrived late anyway. I think they wanted to stretch the legs tomorrow
    In an ideal world (where we could train in SA) we would’ve flown over earlier so we could train at Adel oval in the afternoon. Instead we trained in Perth and then flew later in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In an ideal world (where we could train in SA) we would’ve flown over earlier so we could train at Adel oval in the afternoon. Instead we trained in Perth and then flew later in the day.
    I agree it stinks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Clearly i am unsuited to employment in bureaucracy.
    I worked for the Commonwealth public service for a decade and a half. I very much saw my role as helping people by stopping the bureaucracy frustrating the bejesus out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It would be exactly as you say, though it will only serve to amplify the vitriol and bile further.
    Looking forward to a week of free kick Footscray.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How much different would it have all looked if we had won one of the last 3 home and away games?

I get that it's been tough but we just have to rise above the challenges. We have been an awesome team this year and I have been very proud of what we have achieved so far. Given all that I'm not prepared to concede Saturday nights result and certainly not a GF win just because it's been tough.

Plenty of time for a postmortem at the end of the season. I refuse to write off what this team can achieve this year and win or lose I'll be proud with what they have been able to get done however, the story we are about to write in 2021 isn't over.
    100% this.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    In general, they have had very good reasons to 'go crazy'. If I was living in either of those states I would be pretty happy with their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I still blame the AFL for not sorting this out before hand. SA Gov have their rules.
    I'm blaming the AFL. The SA govt haven't really changed anything.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.