Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  181
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread - 2021 AFL Grand Final vs Melbourne

Toot Toot insane Zaine Train here we go….

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don’t get the fascination with Cordy going forward. He isn’t good in that role. And whilst he was competitive at ground level in 2016, he doesn’t have the same agility now as he did then.

And I think the player you were searching for is Tom McDonald.
    You’re right - made correction regarding McDonald.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I think it’s simply a case of us trusting Cordy’s experience in the biggest game of the year. Melbourne rank 17th for accurate kicks inside 50, and Cordy is better on the deck than Gardner is. If chaos ball ensues in the Dees forward 50, we may value Cordy’s ground ball game more. Bevo may also have a specific matchup or tactic in mind (Cordy as a defensive forward on Lever, Schache back). Not the selection I would have made, just playing devil’s advocate.

Surely at this stage of the season, after all of Bevo’s moves that we have questioned time and time again (Dale in defence, playing Schache at all after the Tigers game, playing Hannan when he was poop) you just have to trust him.

As alluded to above, the reason this got out (Most likely) is Gardner telling family. Might not have been leaked by anyone at the club.

Get on the Cordy for first goal scorer train, it’s on its way to premiership station!
    After reading this the need to vomit hasn’t been lessened.

Time to go set up the rocking chair and put the straight jacket on.

4. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To add to the Zaine not forward argument, Schache is coming off a great job v Aliir.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay now that I’ve stopped crying I’m ready to admit that, although this is the objectively wrong decision, if it costs us the game then we frankly don’t deserve it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Okay now that I’ve stopped crying I’m ready to admit that, although this is the objectively wrong decision, if it costs us the game then we frankly don’t deserve it.
    It only took you one hour to come off the ledge!

Beveridge press conference tomorrow will be interesting.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yep, if we play well enough it shouldn’t matter and we should be able to hide Zaine away, but the ability for me to tolerate Zaine being caught out of position at a crucial time and costing us a goal isn’t all that high.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t understand. I hope by about 11.15pm Saturday I’m educated in the decision.

It leaking is embarrassing though. Has to be linked to Gardner. I’m assuming Weightman was told he’s not playing, or a second player is being dropped. But that players name isn’t named…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, if we play well enough it shouldn’t matter and we should be able to hide Zaine away, but the ability for me to tolerate Zaine being caught out of position at a crucial time and costing us a goal isn’t all that high.
    The first time he gets led to the ball, i fear for my TV.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Also who is his match up? He doesn’t have an obvious one. I’m keenly paying attention to Bevo’s explanation tomorrow.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt I’m right cos it’s me, but we went with Josh as part of a back 3 at the G against them last time.

If Ryan’s out, I wouldn’t rule out Naughton & English as the lone tall forwards.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    To add to the Zaine not forward argument, Schache is coming off a great job v Aliir.
    I think it’s the flexibility to swap Schache and Cordy that Gardner does not offer, plus the competitiveness and finals experience of Zaine. We all know how competitive Cordy was in 2016 albeit as a makeshift forward. If my memory serves me correct he was one of the few who could hold his head high in our elimination final loss to GWS a few years ago as a defender. Cannot recall how well he played vs Saints in elimination final last year as a defender.

14. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache back. Jamarra replacing him up forward. If we’re going to commit, then let’s really commit.

16. Likes The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I doubt I’m right cos it’s me, but we went with Josh as part of a back 3 at the G against them last time.

If Ryan’s out, I wouldn’t rule out Naughton & English as the lone tall forwards.
    I reckon that’d be nuts. Schache had a great match up fwd last week. And he played back vs the Dees cause Keath and Gardner were both injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I think it’s the flexibility to swap Schache and Cordy that Gardner does not offer, plus the competitiveness and finals experience of Zaine. We all know how competitive Cordy was in 2016 albeit as a makeshift forward. If my memory serves me correct he was one of the few who could hold his head high in our elimination final loss to GWS a few years ago as a defender. Cannot recall how well he played vs Saints in elimination final last year as a defender.
    When was the last time Cordy played well forward? Did he do it last year or something?